Telegraph Football: Man Utd looking to appoint director of football this summer

cyril C

I don't think anyone really cares anymore about a DOF. As long as we are recruiting well, selling the deadwood, working towards a dedicated football philosophy and not ignoring the academy.

Woodward is doing a fine job on the financial front, so that's sorted.

Why bother with a DOF.

The only one I feel would fit in nicely is VDS, given his experience of playing with us and being CEO of Ajax
VDS was interviewed before, and he stated that he is only interested in a GM role, not a DOF. So he wants part of Ed's authority and possibly full control on football side. I don't know if Ed and VDS had actually met to discuss, but this is what he is interested in.

Coops73

I thought we’d now decided on an American style collegiate system with regards to recruitment.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Van Der Sar is the perfect fit in that case.

UNITED ACADEMY

Talked about the club still wanting to appoint a DOF to work alongside Ole,however looks like Ornstein has deleted it for some reason
I watched the video and he said they would like to get one but they are no in rush looking for one due to everything has been working well under Ole & the scouting network team.

Bastian

That's the second time in a couple of weeks when a tweet on a DoF at United is deleted.

What's our MO here, brief-retract-brief-retract?