Telegraph: Gary Neville calls for Ed Woodward to be sacked for Manchester United's 'unforgivable' recruitment

clarkydaz

If we had bought Bruno and a back up striker at the start of the season we probably would have had a far more comfortable season and nothing will convince me that it wasn't a ridiculous gamble that very nearly cost us even more money (through not making the CL). Ole deserves big credit for turning it around but we were heading absolutely nowhere until Bruno came in and I still think you can ask legit questions about the club's strategy over the season. It's extremely hard to have faith that the club will get back to where it should be with Ed around (the guy who thought the purchase of Fred would be sufficient to close an 18 point gap to Man City when we finished 2nd).
not even start of the season, we spent all january haggling over price. if we had him a few weeks earlier all prepared early Jan we would be better off aswell

Irwin99

not even start of the season, we spent all january haggling over price. if we had him a few weeks earlier all prepared early Jan we would be better off aswell
He was/is clearly worth the money too. The atmosphere around the club after the home defeat to Burnley was toxic in the extreme and was a clear indicator of where our season was going. Judging by what's happened in the previous six years it's a fair assumption that the guy who has a history of fecking things up was at it again at the start of the season and fortunately for us actually did something right in January.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Of course he should go. His role is not to blindly follow whatever manager wants, paying crazy sums for average players like he has done with every manager, starting from Moyes with Fellaini to Ole with AWB and Maguire. If that is the role then why that position even exists.

He has hired wrongly, signed wrongly and has demonstrated that he lacks any ability to run the football side of the club. He should go.
I feel like he should support the managers he hired and behind them fully. The kind of managers he hires are suspect though. You can't go from LVG to Jose Mourinho and then have to fully support them in acquiring the players they need without foreseeing the problems that will come from that.

If it is true the board blocked several of the players Mourinho wanted because they don't fit into the club's "philosophy", then I'd say he got the wrong manager in the first place.