Telles has Covid

AneRu

Sad. New to the country, not yet settled and faces a difficult few weeks with a terrible disease. Hope he recovers well but it's still a big set back.

Redlyn

Which PSG player has COVID-19?

I go to the supermarket, I catch the train to the office 3 days a week, I work in an office at just under 50% capacity with a group of colleagues who, mostly, aren't half as vigilant as I am.

How have I managed, so far, to avoid catching the virus? Because, I'm bloody careful, I follow the guidelines and I'm almost anal in my risk aversion.

A professional footballer earning £100K a week should be even more careful than I am, as 2nd nature.

The wife of one of the partners in my firm tested positive. He managed to look after her, make sure she was fed etc, whilst she isolated from him, in the same home, and never tested positive.

It's not that difficult to avoid catching it if you are careful and take, fairly, simple precautions.
Good for you but let's steer clear of trying to assign blame here. You have no knowledge of the circumstances in which he caught it and you can't even be certain you never had it as many cases are asymptomatic. He just realised because he was routinely tested. So one colleague managed to not have it spread in their household so it must be the case for everyone apparently. How can you isolate from your spouse if you don't even know you have it. Shockingly narrow minded post tbh.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Seriously, what the feck are they up to? Surely the precautions should be second nature to the professional footballer, who has he been mixing with to catch the virus?

Get well soon, but stop acting like a cnut and stay within the club bubble.

This is the sort of thing where it's legitimate to say, they get paid a fecking fortune. Take care, don't put yourself at risk, for any reason, whatsoever.
Do you even know how he got the virus :houllier: ? That's a lot of things you're assuming Mr "hyper vigilant" based on nothing

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Seriously, what the feck are they up to? Surely the precautions should be second nature to the professional footballer, who has he been mixing with to catch the virus?

This is the sort of thing where it's legitimate to say, they get paid a fecking fortune. Take care, don't put yourself at risk, for any reason, whatsoever.
Maybe getting a house? Getting a car or food in a foreign country you've just moved to?

He was in the team hotel the night before Chelsea but excluded from that squad, so it was definitely from last Saturday.
So yeah, probably got it travelling somewhere between Newcastle and Paris then. The Peru game was 10 days before Chelsea so it should have been picked up before then.

Glorio

How do you know he has done anything he shouldn't have, someone in his family might have - and people still need to go to the shops, collect deliveries, the post, etc.

Contrary to what WHO tries to convince us, there's still a lot unknown about this virus - if it happens to be airborne, one could catch it unless they're locked up in a vacuum.

I saw that in another post you mentioned you hadn't gotten it? No need to be smug about it, be thankful. These things are not always that straightforward as there are careless folks who've been to raves and gatherings of all sorts who haven't tested positive, and like the flu sometimes, the most careful guy or girl in the office who makes no contact at all with anyone, and has 3 litres of sanitiser catches it.

We can't control the direction of air and aerosols, and must also consider the viral load in specific cases, humidity, etc.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Colin you dweeb.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Don't worry, people will still be defending him and saying it's not his fault even if he does infect the whole squad.
Do you know that it is his fault then?

ImmzB

Hopefully he can make a quick recovery and will be available for the games after the International break.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Interesting how I couldn't possibly know how he caught the virus, but a whole host of posters apparently do know how he caught it.
Please don’t apply this logic to anything else

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Interesting how I couldn't possibly know how he caught the virus, but a whole host of posters apparently do know how he caught it.
Nobody knows. So lets do away with the pointless speculation for once in this forum's lifespan.

Rockets Redglare

Don't worry, people will still be defending him and saying it's not his fault even if he does infect the whole squad.
How would it be his fault? It’s an airborne virus, he isn’t going round snogging all the other players (as far as I’m aware).

Also reading your other posts how do you know you haven't caught it and just been asymptomatic?

croadyman

One of United's women tested positive a few weeks back and Casey Stoney said this afterwards:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...very-coronavirus-taught-valuable-lesson-says/

“It’s very much about keeping her heart rate at a certain level, because it is a virus that’s associated with cardiology,” explained Stoney, who likened Zelem’s staged recovery to following concussion protocols.

“To be honest, I didn’t really have a clue that that was the process, but I’m very much heavily led by the doctors and the medical team and we will always follow their guidance. People think you get a positive test, you quarantine for two weeks and you’re back out. It’s not like that, it probably puts a player out of action for a month really.

Apparently it's based on some research done on athletes in the US. Basically our medical team recommend that players are eased back into normal training, and that they rest during the quarantine period.
Yeah will probably not be back to his PSG level of performance then until actually early December

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Could he be the first footballer to catch it twice?Would be a huge honour for the club. In your face, Liverpool.

Last edited:

IrishRedDevil

Can’t believe he went on international duty after being unavailable for United for the last two weeks. His quarantine just finished and he was straight on the plane. Surely he could have stayed in Manchester and trained at the club.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Can’t believe he went on international duty after being unavailable for United for the last two weeks. His quarantine just finished and he was straight on the plane. Surely he could have stayed in Manchester and trained at the club.
Then it is up to the club to put their foot down. They probably think it would be match time for him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Some game time to get his legs going sounds like a good idea to me.