Ten Hag; “the real reason I’m here? high potential”

TheReligion

Abusive
Why does EtH feel there’s high potential here yet the majority of the Caf are spouting doom and gloom?

Could it be the Caf Einstein’s aren’t all that bright after all?

Bojan Djordjic

Of course there's high potential. Definition of a high risk, high reward job. If he can turn it around, he'll be a legend and will have a budget that most managers can dream of. The risk for him is that his success is in the hands of other people as much as it is in his hands and so far those other people have nothing but a history of incompetence.

However, there is some chance that Murtough has had the hand brake on under Woodward and that Arnold might finally be letting him clear house and build a decent front house team which supports the manager. However, there's also a chance that he's as useless as everybody else in that club right now and in that case ten Hag will suffer the same fate as every other manager.

R'hllor

Or maybe he has no clue with what type of cnuts he has to deal with, also doubt he really thinks half of stuff he said today

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Big clubs are never truly that far away from getting it right is the morale of the story, and Ten Hag knows this. It's his job to coach and inform on how big of a squad he wants, who is in his plans and who is not. Ole did not do this well. He knows that he'll be in charge of a club capable of matching anyone financially, so if he does his job well, then it should automatically be a huge improvement. As he says, the potential is high. Of course it is. Not many clubs around the world have the financial power and fan base/globality that United does. You get it right from a coaching and squad perspective with United, and you can break the barrier and reach one of the top 3 clubs in the world, a ceiling that some other clubs can't reach.

The United

Or maybe he has no clue with what type of cnuts he has to deal with, also doubt he really thinks half of stuff he said today
I am surprised that people are surprised that players are cnuts. All the top athletes are cnuts in their own way. It just takes a certain personality to deal with them and make them successful.

TsuWave

He feels there’s high potential because we are a sleeping giant. A battered and bruised one, but still a giant

m1tch

Why does EtH feel there’s high potential here yet the majority of the Caf are spouting doom and gloom?

Of course there's high potential for a brighter future, we're at our lowest point in 30 years or more.

RedDevil@84

Good PR. You don't want to be that a**hole who starts throwing players under the bus from Day 1, even before you met them.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

It might have something to do with him knowing what he's talking about.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
What about the dossier?

Good PR. You don't want to be that a**hole who starts throwing players under the bus from Day 1, even before you met them.
Good PR at Manchester United is throwing the players under the bus at every opportunity though because it's what the majority of the fan base want to hear.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
Not more or less than you, so stop selling your knowledge and insight regarding this matter, you have none, just like rest of us.
The difference being you’d sooner suggest he’s lying in his press conference and has no idea what he’s doing with the players whilst to me that seems a ridiculous and baffling conclusion.

Flexdegea

I haven't had much time for most the season at the moment.

But I also know when you get a proper coach in who can coach players in his system, I hold out hope that some players we have wrote off can turn it around again under him. From the stories I've read about how he does training until they get it right, players won be able to hide and if they aren't up for it they will either be moved on or won't have a place in the team.

Maguire been totally shocking, I'm sort of hoping he could maybe try and make him a player again, but then again wouldn't care if he went tomorrow.

I think he will get a tune out of Rashford this season. I think he will enjoy playing under him. He broke into the team under van Gaal, who was tactics overload and coaching like Hag.

alexanderplatz

I’d like an all guns blazing approach where he comes in and bad mouths all the players he has read the Caf doesn’t like. Then perhaps a moment where he gets a difficult question from a journo and he asks their name before pulling out a little black book and taking a note before saying nothing further. It may not bring results but it would be great fun

R'hllor

The difference being you’d sooner suggest he’s lying in his press conference and has no idea what he’s doing with the players whilst to me that seems a ridiculous and baffling conclusion.
I said he MAYBE has no idea with what kind of feckers he has to deal with, do you claim he already met them all, had a talk with them and figured them out what kind of people they are? Second point is if they put him on the spot to comment on current squad, regardless what he really thinks, he wont come out and say they are shit and pricks.

Trezeguet17

Of course there's high potential. Definition of a high risk, high reward job. If he can turn it around, he'll be a legend and will have a budget that most managers can dream of. The risk for him is that his success is in the hands of other people as much as it is in his hands and so far those other people have nothing but a history of incompetence.

However, there is some chance that Murtough has had the hand brake on under Woodward and that Arnold might finally be letting him clear house and build a decent front house team which supports the manager. However, there's also a chance that he's as useless as everybody else in that club right now and in that case ten Hag will suffer the same fate as every other manager.
Can‘t agree more to this

TheReligion

Abusive

Can‘t agree more to this
I would ask who has the history of incompetence now though? Who is left?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
We'll see in a few months.

If we start to hear shite like the players are "unhappy", "surprised", "baffled", "bemused" by Ten Hag's methods then we'll know nothing's changed.

And with owners like the Glazers, if I had to bet, I'd say nothing will change until they feck off.

AndySmith1990

We have potential because we're one of the most supported, most commercially successful, and one of the richest clubs in football, and when we get our act together many of the best footballers will be drawn to us. Not because the likes of McTominay, Maguire and Dalot are secretly world class footballers who are waiting to have their full potential unlocked in order to propel us to greatness. If/when we next win a major trophy only a handful of players from this current squad will be a part of it. You can quote me on that

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
We have potential because we're one of the most supported, most commercially successful, and one of the richest clubs in football, and when we get our act together many of the best footballers will be drawn to us. Not because the likes of McTominay, Maguire and Dalot are secretly world class footballers who are waiting to have their full potential unlocked in order to propel us to greatness. If/when we next win a major trophy only a handful of players from this current squad will be a part of it. You can quote me on that
If that ever happens in my remaining lifetime (winning a major title) I also bet none of the current cnuts will be part of that squad.

elnorte

Freaky fly day

It's the same con and pack of lies that's been pulled for years now just through yet another different set of lips.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's probably looked at the squad list and thought wonders this will be great.

Then will discover half want out, many can't be assed, but all are on insane money.

Trophy Room

He’s not going to say the whole squad is shit is he? He’s just bigging them up. The right thing to do.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Of course there's potential. Making the right decisions to realise it is the bit we struggle with.

Bojan Djordjic

I would ask who has the history of incompetence now though? Who is left?
Glazers, Arnold, Murtough, Fletcher, Browne. All have plausible deniability for now because of restructures, promotions etc but they won’t have that cover if the changes being made turn out to be the equivalent of moving the deck chairs on the titanic.