Ten Hag press conference - Liverpool home

IRN-BRUno

Ten Hag on Brentford
"I think I make myself clear, I was definitely not happy. You can talk abut football philosophy, but the basic stuff has to be good. That starts with the right attitude, a fighting attitude on the pitch. I didn’t see that from minute one. You have to bring it every game."
Ten Hag on Casemiro
'I cannot tell [you] anything."
Ten Hag on Ronaldo
"I don't know why he is in focus after Saturday. It was the team performance and the whole's team attitude, including Ronaldo. He is in our plans, that's what I can see."
Ten Hag on Liverpool
"I know the rivalry, we are the rivals and we have to win every game, but especially this game."
Ten Hag on this week
"It's week, which is normal for a manager, to see game, you have a plan and then you check how the game went. Then you analyse and see what is wrong and what is good. A lot went wrong, but you don't have to talk about anything when the attitude is not right."
Ten Hag on motivating players
"No, it's not difficult to motivate this team. They worked really good on the training pitch from the start of the season."
Ten Hag on protests
“I can only say, the owners want to win. We want the fans behind the team. I am not that long at the club I can see all the background. We have to fight together.”
Ten Hag on the mentality
"It starts with yourself. Follow the rules and principles and work hard. If you do that, you will get confidence."
Ten Hag on approach for Liverpool
"Every game is different, but the philosophy and the plan will be the same."
Ten Hag on responding to setback
"We work from game to game. We know what is going on when you play against Liverpool, especially when you are Man United, so yeah, you have to be ready."

Nick.

He gives nothing away. Almost pointless making these threads.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He gives nothing away. Almost pointless making these threads.
:lol: True. It's as if every reply is a polite and courteous version of "feck you and your pointless question".

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
“I can only say, the owners want to win.”

Another yes man
Seriously ??!?!?!

What do some people want him to say? Yes they are disgusting owners and not interested in the club? NEVER going to happen while he is in the seat

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Big grin on his face when he was answering Melissa, dirty bastard! :devil:

Shiva87

Good press conference IMO.

He came out and questioned the attitude of this squad and said it's not been right. He is laying down the law without calling out names.

Didn't give anything away on transfers or his relationship with the board. Didn't talk about the past.

The only thing I now want to see is him dropping at least 3 of Maguire, DDG, Shaw, Fred, Mctomminay and Rashford for the next game.

2 are quite possible (Shaw and Maguire) and the third will be a statement. Hope he does it and plays one of Zidane, Savage, Garner or Garnacho.

Drz

Spoken like a man really aware of the size of the task ahead of him.
Pointless giving the vultures and genuine idiots more ammunition than they need and get on with the work.
The squad is crap, the owners too, and dare I say a fair deal of the media and fans too.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I don't know if it is true that some players said we needed to be more pragmatic against Liverpool.
If so those players need to be dropped.
You play to the expectations of the manager.
The Glazers conned ten Hag into coming here.
The players for their part need to give their all for the shirt they wear and the manager.

Last edited:

Phil Osophy

Dutch manager bingo

-Philosophy won't change
-My captain shall always play
-I'm telling you, fat man!
-(Dives during the game)

:angel:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His answers are boring and political, but the questions are terrible and there is really no point answering them either.

Can someone ask him stuff about quality in our midfield, what does he think about Fred and Mctominay what were their post positions? What does he think about de Gea in goal? Who does he see as first choice CB? Is he the one choosing the players they are signing or is the board picking first available player around? What formation does he see us playing? Etc.

FatTails

“I can only say, the owners want to win.”

Another yes man
How often do you go to the press and publicly say your employer is shit, Samid?

Edit: Seems like you were being sarcastic. I fell for it :(

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Seriously ??!?!?!

What do some people want him to say? Yes they are disgusting owners and not interested in the club? NEVER going to happen while he is in the seat
I THINK he's joking. Typical Norwegian. This is how they cope.

Real Name

His answers are boring and political, but the questions are terrible and there is really no point answering them either.

Can someone ask him stuff about quality in our midfield, what does he think about Fred and Mctominay what were their post positions? What does he think about de Gea in goal? Who does he see as first choice CB? Is he the one choosing the players they are signing or is the board picking first available player around? What formation does he see us playing? Etc.
What do you think he's answer to those questions even if asked.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What do you think he's answer to those questions even if asked.
I don't know, they are never asked. But do you think it's better to try asking it than asking about Ronaldo situation for the 1000th time and get a same answer?