Ten Hag Resignation Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLunited

Why allow a thread like this? We are two games in for feck sake.

Try being a supporter.

Chief123

Even if ETH finishes bottom half of the table, he’s still the right man for the job. Can’t keep blaming the manager when the common denominator is the shite players.

rpg

I want put 200 that he is gone before winter. The fact he signed a less than 6 foot tall as defender tells me he knows nothing about EPL.

Phil Osophy

I understand his frustration at being sorrounded by clowns above and below, but he must admit his first takes about the squad were so inaccurate. For someone labelled as an obsessive worker it looks like he came straight from the beach when he drew his plans for the season.

It's not his fault after all, as someone who didn't even train with these players once shouldn't be the one calling our shots as he did from the start. Whether the guy was left alone or he wanted the keys of the club both options represent a mistake.

There were glaring holes that everybody saw except this man, and he had his blunders like trying to get Arnautovic. We wasted the summer waiting for de Jong because that was his desire leaving us in a weak position. Again, we can't make him full responsible but he's been an active part in this, so he can't just leave and act outraged.

Now he's spotting the problems and our approach of the window has clearly changed, so there's still time to bring some players and avoid another 'worst ever season in ages'. Next summer he'll have a better starting point knowing exactly what he needs and what he has in front.

He looked a bit lost until now and reacting to things, but very quickly. That's the sign of a good manager and he'll be fine eventually. We just shouldn't be expecting the genie of the lamp and telling him to solve everything, or the man pretending to be one. Whatever it was.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think he will walk away, that would be like saying bye-bye to 6-8 million pounds.

But I would be interested to know how he is feeling - the Carragher/Neville interview might tell us, when is that coming out, does anyone know?

Of course, how probing will the questions be and how honest will the answers be? I bet he will be 'diplomatic'. Ralf Rangnick said it like he saw it and look what happened to him (which goes back to the 6-8 million pounds thing).

I'd like his answers to these questions though, if he has the kahunas:

i) What promises were you given when you took the job and have any of them been broken?
ii) Have you come under pressure to name any player in your 1st two squads or put them on the pitch, when you yourself didn't want to (possibly for disciplinary reasons). If yes, by who?
iii) Are you happy with the organisation stucture you are a part of: would you have been ok working under a consultant if Ralf Rangnick had stayed. Was it your idea to have Steve McClaren as your assistant? Are you happy with the work of and the role of Darren Fletcher?
iv) What do you think are the key differences between the Dutch league and the English Premier League and how did you prepare to deal with those differences?
v) Have you had any meetings or phonecalls with RR? Did he leave you a document based on his somewhat truncated time at the club and what did it say?
vi) Do you really love Marcus Rashford or was that your attempt at maintaining his market value?
vii) You were aware of Arnautovic's behaviour at Euro 2021 yes? yet you still put his name forward as a possible solution up-front, why? and did the reaction of the fans come as a surprise?

Reactions: Cheimoon

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Try being a supporter.
Saw one guy saying he couldn't see us picking up a point in the first 3 months.
Some people are really cup 100% empty

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I want put 200 that he is gone before winter. The fact he signed a less than 6 foot tall as defender tells me he knows nothing about EPL.
Thoughts on signing one of the best defensive mids? Does that mean he still knows nothing?

ForeverRed1

Try being a supporter.
it’s a football forum designed to open conversations for debate. The good the bad and the ugly.

if people want to discuss this they can if they don’t just don’t reply to it. That’s kind of the whole point…

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
We would have to get relegated for EtH to resign. He is a resilient one and doesn't give up that easily (Thank God!)

There is not a better manager in the world, right now, that could or would be managing us to get out of this shit so I have no desire for him to leave. I want him to be properly supported with transfers

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Even if ETH finishes bottom half of the table, he’s still the right man for the job. Can’t keep blaming the manager when the common denominator is the shite players.
the thread says "resignation"? ti guess he question is if he feels he has been lied to about recruitment and wants out. Unlikely of course but I 'd hardy blame him for being pissed off

wolvored

Ill have some of that. Ill bet you hes stilk here in March

manutddjw

Funny enough, I have a $100 bet with my buddy at work (an arsenal supporter) who is convinced that Ten Hag will be sacked by January because we’ll be looking to bring in Pocchetino. The sad thing about all of this was I kind of reluctant to take the bet because I know how dumb our leadership is.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
So you think this is a good thread talking about Ten Hag leaving after 2 matches and after not beeing backed by the club?
I think you should read the OP once again. He talks about ETH walking because he is not being backed.
But bringing SAF into everything really irritates me.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I don't think he will walk away, that would be like saying bye-bye to 6-8 million pounds.

But I would be interested to know how he is feeling - the Carragher/Neville interview might tell us, when is that coming out, does anyone know?

Of course, how probing will the questions be and how honest will the answers be? I bet he will be 'diplomatic'. Ralf Rangnick said it like he saw it and look what happened to him (which goes back to the 6-8 million pounds thing).

I'd like his answers to these questions though, if he has the kahunas:

i) What promises were you given when you took the job and have any of them been broken?
ii) Have you come under pressure to name any player in your 1st two squads or put them on the pitch, when you yourself didn't want to (possibly for disciplinary reasons). If yes, by who?
iii) Are you happy with the organisation stucture you are a part of: would you have been ok working under a consultant if Ralf Rangnick had stayed. Was it your idea to have Steve McClaren as your assistant? Are you happy with the work of and the role of Darren Fletcher?
iv) What do you think are the key differences between the Dutch league and the English Premier League and how did you prepare to deal with those differences?
v) Have you had any meetings or phonecalls with RR? Did he leave you a document based on his somewhat truncated time at the club and what did it say?
vi) Do you really love Marcus Rashford or was that your attempt at maintaining his market value?
vii) You were aware of Arnautovic's behaviour at Euro 2021 yes? yet you still put his name forward as a possible solution up-front, why? and did the reaction of the fans come as a surprise?
Monday 18:30 before the game

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Other fans browse here and see this thread at the top of the page. Doesn't reflect well on us

pogbasformerbarber

Try being a supporter.
Amen, the fact people are this unhinged after two games is mind-blowing...I guess by applying the logic Fulham is going to make top 4 this season!

Status
Not open for further replies.