Ten Hag Resignation Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammondo

I'm confused what people think would happen if we sacked or lost him. We won't attract any top manager anymore, in fact we would struggle to attract any good manager who isn't just interested in money.

soapythecat

I joked we would lose our first 7 games and he was sacked.

Should have put a bet on it.

He’s not a bad manager, but he will bear the brunt of this United squad. If we go down this season, it might be the only way to sort this club out.

davidmichael

Roy Keane said it best when he said these players will get the manager sacked, look at the squad and some are still there from LVG was there (Rashford, De Gea, Jones, Martial, Shaw) and also when Jose was there (Bailly, Dalot, Lindelof, McTominay, Fred) and they weren’t good enough then.

Look at Real where they have zero sentiment and once a player is of no use to them they move them on ruthlessly whilst we stockpile deadwood and renew their contract to ‘protect their value’ and go by the quantity over quality scattergun approach.

I’d honestly have kept Henderson and used him along with Laird, Garner, Mejbri, Zidane and Garnacho and let them have a chance to show what they can do in an ETH system as we know De Gea, Dalot and McTominay offer feck all other than a body on the pitch and it’s questionable about numerous others on top of those three.

In an ideal world ETH would bin loads of these ‘established players’ off and play the kids as whilst they don’t have the experience they’d definitely have the hunger and desire needed and genuinely want to be at the club, I don’t want to see ETH sacked or quit and would much rather see these cnuts stealing a living held fully fecking accountable for their piss poor effort and performance.

Donut

Doesn’t look good. His tactics are completely the wrong fit for our squad. Let’s see how he bounces but I’ve lost all faith in two games. Catastrophic start.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Doesn’t look good. His tactics are completely the wrong fit for our squad. Let’s see how he bounces but I’ve lost all faith in two games. Catastrophic start.
True but the squad needs to be thrown out of the window anywya

saik

There are a couple of encouraging signs that he's learning quick like dropping McT for this game or hooking off Martinez and Shaw after first half.

But I wouldn't hold my breath though. He was already in a shit situation with this club and added to it with his own stupid decisions.

m1tch

He might as well stay until he's sacked. It's not gonna affect his reputation unless the next manager instantly turns us around. Might as well take the money for the inconvenience of it.

prateik

If we promised him a certain number of players/overhaul and have not delivered, I hope he walks...

The club needs to called out... but then again, too much money in it to walk away.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Big concerns he'll walk unless we do some wondrous things in the remainder of the transfer window.

LordSpud

Mentioned in the Ten Hag thread that he will be gone by summer and got a few of the snarky responses. But to be fair it probably wont be summer maybe December.

Ten Hag will do good to remember that he doesnt call the shots around here. The players decide whether you stay in a job, and my worry at the moment is that the players arent buying into what he's saying and if thats the case - much like Rangnick, then Erik Ten Hag is on borrowed time!

James35

Think he will walk when we break for World Cup. If not he is getting sacked by next April/May.

city-puma

Mentioned in the Ten Hag thread that he will be gone by summer and got a few of the snarky responses. But to be fair it probably wont be summer maybe December.

Ten Hag will do good to remember that he doesnt call the shots around here. The players decide whether you stay in a job, and my worry at the moment is that the players arent buying into what he's saying and if thats the case - much like Rangnick, then Erik Ten Hag is on borrowed time!
This is utterly nonsense.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Anyone blaming ten hag is batshit deluded and needs to be banned for uttering ripe shit.

Polar

When do we think he walks?
Do you mean when he gets fired?

Managers should never quite themselves! That’s unprofessional, disloyal and unforgivable.

From time to time a hear someone argue managers should resign, and it’s just as stupid every time.

ETH can’t be blamed for everything, but he is part of the team and not without responsibility.

LordSpud

This is utterly nonsense.
Go on... they sold Ole down the river, they sold Rangnick down the river. Instead of that poor response why dont you put a bit more effort in and tell me why its nonsense?

Ricardo de la Vega

The squad is shit though we've known it is for years. DDG, Dalot, Maguire, Shaw, McTominay, Fred, Rashford, Bruno (on form) - these players are not good enough - they're some of the worst in the league at the moment. For some of them it might be confidence (Rashford/Bruno I'm willing to say it might be that) but the others are pure garbage and are not really even Premier League level anymore.

city-puma

Go on... they sold Ole down the river, they sold Rangnick down the river. Instead of that poor response why dont you put a bit more effort in and tell me why its nonsense?
The nonsense is that you really buy into the conspiracy that the players want to dump the manager here. They are normal people who n behave like normal people. If you buy into that nonsense, you probably live and work in an environment full of the bad apples.
Today is simply due to DDG’s horrible show. It gives our team more mountains to climb after this match. ETH needs to show his real leadership to get us back on track.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No board would accept to shift 10 players in one window in order to create the perfect scenario for the new manager.
If he isn't able to work with what he has/transferred until now then he is surely a goner.

el3mel

No board would accept to shift 10 players in one window in order to create the perfect scenario for the new manager.
If he isn't able to work with what he has/transferred until now then he is surely a goner.
There's a problem though, the board let too many players leave this window and didn't replace anyone of them. It's ridiculous regardless of who's to blame.

Matic, Pogba, Cavani and Greewood all were lost, and we signed no one in the attack or midfield ? We signed 2 defenders and a number 10. It's such a weird transfer policy.

Midfield and attack should have been the priority this window, not the fecking defense.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
He's just figured out where stuff is in the supermarket, there's no chance he's leaving so soon.

CloneMC16

Why does Darren Fletcher still have a job at the club?
Yanited DNA.

ETH has to take some blame for these performances. If what we're trying to do isn't working, change shit. Your philosophy means feck all if we're getting beaten 0-4. His transfer targets are also extremely questionable.

Elcabron

Better he leaves now then if that's the case as he should have recognized that and broken that power base up. In fact he should have known that before taking the job and since from his conversation with Ralph. If he didn't know it then he is a moron, if he did know it and hasn't done anything about, he's a moron....not good either way.

NZT-One

The nonsense is that you really buy into the conspiracy that the players want to dump the manager here. They are normal people who n behave like normal people. If you buy into that nonsense, you probably live and work in an environment full of the bad apples.
Today is simply due to DDG’s horrible show. It gives our team more mountains to climb after this match. ETH needs to show his real leadership to get us back on track.
I agree with the sentiment but putting all the blame on DDG doesn't really make sense as well. He started the catastrophe with his clanger, the 2nd one is at least partly due to Eriksen being to weak for the position he was asked to play and why ETH went for Fred and Bruno instead of at least McTominay to at least try to mitigate the phyiscality, isn't great.

I also don't get, why manager seemingly find it so hard, to close up the shop when shit hits the fan. Play 3atb, bring McTom for Bruno and then take the battle to the opponent. Couldn't have worked any worse than this alibi stuff we've got today.

Status
Not open for further replies.