Ten Hag Resignation Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He refused to even meet with Rangnick who could have told him the squad is shit. He seemingly couldn't see De Gea can't play in a possession based team. He picked McFred and then this abomination of a midfield. He insisted on wasting a ton of money on a centre back that was obviously completely unsuited to the Premier League. He insisted on chasing one target all summer with no resolution in sight.
I've been quite defensive of Ten Hag so far and personally think much of the criticism he's received is unwarranted, premature, or aimed at the wrong person.

However, the insistence on a clean slate and refusal to meet with Rangnick struck me as a red flag and a massive mistake that he'll end up regretting (if he doesn't already). Can't defend that one.

GiddyUp

He is the only bright light in this fecking shitty club. I would tear up the contracts for half our squad before I would fire him. Our players are a fecking joke and they should be reminded of that everytime they step outside with their entourage. Shameful from every fecking one of them.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
There's a problem though, the board let too many players leave this window and didn't replace anyone of them. It's ridiculous regardless of who's to blame.

Matic, Pogba, Cavani and Greewood all were lost, and we signed no one in the attack or midfield ? We signed 2 defenders and a number 10. It's such a weird transfer policy.

Midfield and attack should have been the priority this window, not the fecking defense.
Yes I agree, it's obvious we need 2 CM's and at least 1 attacker but we have chased and impossible transfer in FDJ where there are tens of players out there that could walk into our current midfield.

CloneMC16

I agree with the sentiment but putting all the blame on DDG doesn't really make sense as well. He started the catastrophe with his clanger, the 2nd one is at least partly due to Eriksen being to weak for the position he was asked to play and why ETH went for Fred and Bruno instead of at least McTominay to at least try to mitigate the phyiscality, isn't great.

I also don't get, why manager seemingly find it so hard, to close up the shop when shit hits the fan. Play 3atb, bring McTom for Bruno and then take the battle to the opponent. Couldn't have worked any worse than this alibi stuff we've got today.
They refuse to let go of their 'philosophy'. Even if that means getting thrashed by teams that should be worrying about relegation. That fourth goal is criminal. Suicidal tactics.

TR1LL

n 2020, Ten Hag praised the Catalan coach for the work he was doing at City but did not refrain from pointing to one mistake his former overhead made during his debut season. Speaking to Voetbal International, he said: "Only once in his career has Pep made a mistake – in his first year at Manchester City when he completely underestimated the power and speed of the Premier League.

“He realised that you can't play the kind of football he loves without having a couple of physically strong athletes – and so he brought them in.”
This has always stuck in my head and gave me hope when ETH was appointed, that he would have seen this coming. Right now he’s like a deer caught in the headlights. A shame how things are turning out so far. The Martinez signing for CB completely contradicts this line of thought in the quote. I think he will get it right but there is more pain to come lads.

Reactions: Sultan

kunal18

Liverpool
Southampton
Leicester
Arsenal
Palace
Leeds
City
Everton
Newcastle
Tottenham
Chelsea

Can he win 5 out of these?
From the initial impressions it is not looking good whatever the excuse

NZT-One

They refuse to let go of their 'philosophy'. Even if that means getting thrashed by teams that should be worrying about relegation. That fourth goal is criminal. Suicidal tactics.
Yeah, I agree. Some early warning lights should mildly start to flash. I mean, I get it of course, he sure don't want to throw all his plans into the bin so early and he is the expert so go for it, but if he doesn't accept realities with our squads shortcomings, than there is noone else to blame. Lets not act as if we are completely doomed or whatever. There are always options, ways to go. We could go all out attack, trying to outscore opponents. But we would have to accept that this won't work all the time. Or we could go for control and defense, then we would have to accept some very boring 0:0s. But it seemingly is a very hard task to create some sort of balance into the squad. And we are paying badly for it. Games like today are so bad for confidence, really hurt to see it.

This has always stuck in my head and gave me hope when ETH was appointed, that he would have seen this coming. Right now he’s like a deer caught in the headlights. A shame how things are turning out so far. The Martinez signing for CB completely contradicts this line of thought in the quote. I think he will get it right but there is more pain to come lads.
Interesting quote, thanks for sharing. Really suprising to see him adress that issue while currently seemingly so overawed with it.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Pinning his colours to De Gea’s mast was massive call and one that I always felt was possibly going to cost him his job. He does well to see out this season from here, as we are in a dire place.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Pinning his colours to De Gea’s mast was massive call and one that I always felt was possibly going to cost him his job. He does well to see out this season from here, as we are in a dire place.
He’ll be lucky to make it through September as the losses mount up poch will look better and better to the suits, anything less than losing by 4 next week should be seen as a result.

Wheato

Stupid thread, we all need to stick together and not add anymore fuel to the hysteria that has taken over our club. There’s a strong possibility that we will lose the next game so lets all grow a pair and stick up for this manager.

Eddy_JukeZ

Resignation watch?

He'll get sacked if he keeps this up.

I'm happy we got him, but he's not a deity and he's got a lot to prove to us fans.

If he somehow walked, he's the biggest coward of a manager we've ever had.

LARulz

Unless we are bottom 3 come October, he is not getting sacked. I don't think he should, the players have got away with enough and he can only work with what he has, he can demand 20 players but if the board don't deliver what is he meant to do except polish a turd

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He’ll be lucky to make it through September as the losses mount up poch will look better and better to the suits, anything less than losing by 4 next week should be seen as a result.
Oh yeah, he’s already fighting for his job. There’s no loyalty or goodwill towards this manager or group of players, as there was under Ole. If, when, Liverpool go ahead next week it will be toxic as feck.

RedChisel

He won't hang around to have his reputation destroyed by these scumbag players.

Wilt

Allow ETH to get rid of the overpaid dross (below) and build his own team.

De Gea
Rashford
Fernandes
Maguire
Shaw
McT
Fred
Martial
for starters

bludsucker

Seriously!?!

He destroyed the United squad when meeting with Fletcher and Murtough, but he surely can’t have envisioned this!

When do we think he walks?
He walks!!!!! He should be fired!! Can’t setup a team to defend if his life depends on it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Liverpool
Southampton
Leicester
Arsenal
Palace
Leeds
City
Everton
Newcastle
Tottenham
Chelsea

Can he win 5 out of these?
From the initial impressions it is not looking good whatever the excuse
Let's worry about can we win ONE first off.
The next game promises nothing so Southampton becomes huge.

bludsucker

Allow ETH to get rid of the overpaid dross (below) and build his own team.

De Gea
Rashford
Fernandes
Maguire
Shaw
McT
Fred
Martial
for starters
Yeah get him 11 new shiny players while you are at it. Whatever happened to coaching the squad and getting the best out of them.

saik

Yeah get him 11 new shiny players while you are at it. Whatever happened to coaching the squad and getting the best out of them.
They failed under 3 or 4 different managers and now look like they are going to fail ETH too. They really shouldn't be losing to Brighton and Brentford but fair enough I hear you.

How many matches are you willing to give this lot under ETH to see that they are not up to the task?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Yeah, I'm sure Liverpool are glad they took this approach and just had Klopp coach this XI into world beaters like he did:

saik

Yeah, I'm sure Liverpool are glad they took this approach and just had Klopp coach this XI into world beaters like he did:

Only 1 of them is still kicking around. :lol:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Jesus that team compared to where they are now.
That’s what our teams like now… guess will take us a few more years to start challenging then :lol: Just a reminder klopp finished 8th in his first season at Liverpool. Things will get worse before they become good.

Paul778

This i crazy. I look at all of the matches during August/September/October and i don't see us even picking up a point right now.

- our defense is fundamentally broken constantly generating individual errors because every team can play through us at will
- our midfield is still anonymous both with and without the ball
- our attack has no teeth, is horrendously slow and generally resorts to rolling the ball back to midfield to recycle or aimlessly throwing it into the box

This is completely on the management. Everyone knew it was a crucial season to get quality signings idenitified and completed before pre season. However Murtough et al knew better, and dropped RR for saying "we need ten players". They believed ETH when he said in his interview he could get a tune out of the lazy fecks.

Yet again, another club outrunning us, showing more desire.

See above. With the fixture list, the lack of players in for preseason, the impossibility now of getting good signings in (only more dead beats or mercenaries), i don't see ETH surviving? Question to the collective CAF - how many points do you realistically see Utd getting by the end of october?

Last edited:

BlueHaze

I've been quite defensive of Ten Hag so far and personally think much of the criticism he's received is unwarranted, premature, or aimed at the wrong person.

However, the insistence on a clean slate and refusal to meet with Rangnick struck me as a red flag and a massive mistake that he'll end up regretting (if he doesn't already). Can't defend that one.
Many fans including myself said the minute he was hired if he gives these same cnuts who's thrown every single manager under the bus a clean slate he'll dig his own grave.

Now what is most alarming is that Rangnick completely exposed the lot of them literally a month before ETH was hired. How shit they are, how passionless and careless they are. Even so ETH decided to give most of them a chance yet again so I will say if it quickly turns bad for him I will have zero sympathy. We needed complete change. Rangnick proved this and literally made it so that ETH could practically skip analyzing the team, he had it all on video and the whole world did.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
That’s what our teams like now… guess will take us a few more years to start challenging then :lol: Just a reminder klopp finished 8th in his first season at Liverpool. Things will get worse before they become good.
I agree.

wolvored

If he walks or sacked before xmas who is going to take over?
Lets try that again.Who in their right mind would take over?
Pocc would be in the same boat as he has to work with these useless players. If we could attract pep or klopp they would struggle to get a tune out of these players.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Just seen his post-match interview. He has that Dead Man Moyes look, the way Moyes looked when things turned bad.

wolvored

This clean slate is bollocks. The board wont sanction en masse all the players leaving, so what could any manager do? The clean slate might also be a diktat from the board as well. Lets hope the board have the bollocks to give TH at least this season to at least try and train this sorry lot into a squad.

el3mel

He is the only bright light in this fecking shitty club. I would tear up the contracts for half our squad before I would fire him. Our players are a fecking joke and they should be reminded of that everytime they step outside with their entourage. Shameful from every fecking one of them.
He hasn't done anything so far to be described as a "bright light". Don't get when our fans will let managers or players earn praise before starting to shower them with it.

bludsucker

Ooohhh. So now we are allowed to compare to klopp and his situation at pool??? I was constantly put down when i and others said klopp was given time by pool to succeed by pointing to past records. I thought time and patience could only be given to managers who won leagues and champions league.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Ooohhh. So now we are allowed to compare to klopp and his situation at pool??? I was constantly put down when i and others said klopp was given time by pool to succeed by pointing to past records. I thought time and patience could only be given to managers who won leagues and champions league.
What in the feck has that got to do with the stupid point you were trying to make?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Resignation watch?

He'll get sacked if he keeps this up.

I'm happy we got him, but he's not a deity and he's got a lot to prove to us fans.

If he somehow walked, he's the biggest coward of a manager we've ever had.
If he walks he will be a god to this fanbase. Nothing before will have shown the Glazers in such a bad light as him doing that.

He's on a hiding to nothing being our manager. Nobody can be a success here.

Crapper John

Supports
Arsenal
Maybe, just maybe, the awful truth is that Ten Hag isn't the miracle worker fans assumed. Perhaps he was just a high achiever with the dominant club in a league inferior to ours. Could it be that he isn't the answer to United's problems.
Seriously!?!

He destroyed the United squad when meeting with Fletcher and Murtough, but he surely can’t have envisioned this!

When do we think he walks?

Status
Not open for further replies.