Film TENET

Mr Pigeon

baldy fatty bum bum
Scout
Aye. I can tolerate a pretentious “The dialogue is quiet to draw you in”. That’s a film making tool.

Having key essential dialogue inaudible because you decided that someone in an oxygen mask would be hard to understand?... It’s wrong headed.

The film makes more sense with subtitles on. So I have to add a reading element because his audio is so bad. It was ruined in theatres because there was no way to rewind to check what A character had said.

He’s wrong. But thinks the whole world is wrong. I’ve not heard a single person advocate for it being that bad.
I need subtitles at the best of times because my house is a cacophony of kids playing games, jamming away on pianos or flutes etc. Wanted to get this on Prime to see what it was like but, surprise surprise, there didn't seem to be any closed captions for it.

Tried doing it with Dunkeld and all I could decipher from the *mmble mbmble BRRRRRAAAAAWWWWWWWW mbmle* was that some wee cnut in a plane was being an arsehole to a bunch of British tourists who were suntanning on a French beach.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Get vaccinated or kill Penna you selfish bastards
The rip I downloaded had no audio issues, adjusted by the ripper I assume, but the film was still utter nonsense. Not hard to understand, just rubbish. What a waste of 2.5 hrs.

Maybe the crap sound in the cinema was to distract from how shit the film itself was.

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Was so hyped to watch this movie and was utterly disappointed. Saw the first hour just hoping that it will get better because it's Nolan and I loved his previous films.

Couldn't understand most of the audio (the audio equivalent of the GoT dark battle) and the scenes were transitioning WAY to fast to get an idea of what the story was, hardly any time to think about the last scene before the story quickly develops more.

OneUnited24

It reminded me of that awful Netflix movie. In the shadow of the moon (i think that was it). Felt it was too much of a mindfeck to really appreciate it. I like Nolan but I feel like he tries to make smart movies for dump people. I felt the exposition throughout the movie was very similar to the end of interstellar where it could have been left to the audience to piece it together but Nolan didn’t trust them to do it

Overall I thought it was good but not great.

Oo0AahCantona

really enjoyed it, but i found it much more confusing than even memento. I understood the concepts enough, but there was a jarring feeling during a lot of the sequences where similar to when your stumped by a maths problem that's quite simply and you've done a million times before but for some reason its just not going in. something in my brain just cant comprehend the reversal stuff play out in real time.