Tennis 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Fed and Nishikori now playing.

Giggsy92

Shocking standard of tennis in this match, Federer's barely resembling a top 50 player so far.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
one of the worst matches ive seen from fed, comparable to his us open defeat

RORY65

I was at the match last night and it was really poor, they have this nonsense gimmick now calculating the decibels of the crowd to see who can be the loudest during the week yet they only showed it on screen a couple of times as there was nothing for the crowd to get excited about.

It was notable not just how below par Federer was but how irritable he was for much of the match, particularly after the code violation. Nishikori was really strong mentally but even he wasn't as good as he can be.

Brophs

The One and Only
Really not a good day at the office for Cilic. In two sets of tennis Both of which he could and perhaps should have won):

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I was at the match last night and it was really poor, they have this nonsense gimmick now calculating the decibels of the crowd to see who can be the loudest during the week yet they only showed it on screen a couple of times as there was nothing for the crowd to get excited about.

It was notable not just how below par Federer was but how irritable he was for much of the match, particularly after the code violation. Nishikori was really strong mentally but even he wasn't as good as he can be.

saivet

Federer vs Thiem scheduled for tomorrow night, so that will be Federer finally ticked off the list :D

Jazz

Wouldn't be surprised to see Roger lose this:(

Brophs

The One and Only
Just about sums it up for me. Also, I can't remember if someone said it on here or on Twitter, but the description of Thiem as the kid spamming the power shot button on the joypad is pretty apt.

Jazz

Good from Roger so far, though Thiem definitely underperforming. So strange, as Federer looked the more nervous to me when the came out.
We'll see what happens anyways.

Brophs

The One and Only
Good from Roger so far, though Thiem definitely underperforming. So strange, as Federer looked the more nervous to me when the came out.
We'll see what happens anyways.
I would say that's a bit generous. Federer was okay. Thiem was pretty dreadful.

Jazz

I would say that's a bit generous. Federer was okay. Thiem was pretty dreadful.
Good as in not making those silly unforced errors like he was in the last match.

Will be difficult for him against Anderson.

Brophs

The One and Only
Good as in not making those silly unforced errors like he was in the last match.

Will be difficult for him against Anderson.
Aye, if the Anderson of today turns up then I think Federer might be going home early.

saivet

Was at the match tonight, don't even think Federer played that well but he won incredibly easily. Really poor from Thiem who served poorly, didn't return well and seem to hit a fair few errors.

Going again tomorrow and they put Isner vs Cilic in the evening, so can't say I'm too excited for that but who knows.

Brophs

The One and Only
Djokovic wins 4 and 1. As good as he was, Zverev was just shite. No better than Thiem last night. Plus ca change....

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Was at the match tonight, don't even think Federer played that well but he won incredibly easily. Really poor from Thiem who served poorly, didn't return well and seem to hit a fair few errors.

Going again tomorrow and they put Isner vs Cilic in the evening, so can't say I'm too excited for that but who knows.
Saw Isner live once. I have to say seeing his serve in live action is quite something in my opinion. Let alone the other guy somehow managing to return some of them.

saivet

Been a pretty poor tournament really. Matches haven't been competitive and the quality of tennis has been average. On what we've witnessed so far I think Anderson vs Djokovic is as good a match as we're going to get should they meet in the final.

saivet

Saw Isner live once. I have to say seeing his serve in live action is quite something in my opinion. Let alone the other guy somehow managing to return some of them.
I could imagine. After all the other match results I'm quite looking forward to it now. Not a clear favourite and two players I've not seen before. Not really bothered who win just want it to be competitive.

Brophs

The One and Only
He doesn't lack for confidence. Common sense, on the other hand...

Brophs

The One and Only
This is a decent match. Isner has the best of it so far. He's also hitting some lovely ground strokes. Two break points to take the first.

Jazz

Roger wins first set against Anderson, and is through to the semis. If he doesn't want to end up playing Novak, he needs to win this match.

Idxomer

It doesn't happen as often as before but it's still worth it watching Federer for these kind of matches.

Jazz

Where is everyone? There's a fun semi match between Fed and Zverev right now.

Both on serve at the moment.

Jazz

Roger started well but his serve has gone to shit in this 2nd set. Can't believe he gave back the break he worked so hard to get:(

Jazz

:(

Good play from Zverev. Hope he brings that great serving to the final and don't be rolling over for Novak.

Jazz

Poor Sascha. No need to apologise so much. Just bring your 'A' game to the final tomorrow.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
:(

Good play from Zverev. Hope he brings that great serving to the final and don't be rolling over for Novak.
It shouldn't really matter if Djokovic keeps playing the way he's playing. Anderson's probably the only player in the tournament who can beat Djokovic here and he's going to need to be serving incredibly well.

saivet

Great match and a deserved win by Zverev. A big shame about the fans acting like that though. No where near as bad as the ladies USO final but that was embarrassing.

Jazz

It shouldn't really matter if Djokovic keeps playing the way he's playing. Anderson's probably the only player in the tournament who can beat Djokovic here and he's going to need to be serving incredibly well.
Be fun if Anderson served him off the court:D

But my point is I want a competitive final at least. Don't want Zverev rolling over.

Jazz

In any case, enjoyable match. Wish we had a 3rd set as I was really enjoying it.

Good on Annabel Croft for calming down the crowd as well. I like Zverev so hope he does well tomorrow.

Brophs

The One and Only
Zverev was really good today. I'm no expert, but he looked to me to be playing closer to the baseline and taking the ball more on the rise.

As for Federer, he's definitely not past it, but I think this sort of performance is going to be the norm from here on in. He's probably not going to have the sort of consistency as he had even last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.