Tennis 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBoredom

Fed 2 sets up. Not playing particularly well but moving freely when needed. Clearly conserving his energy in this humidity.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Federer's not near his best, bu he's generally serving and moving really well. Much better performance than against Rubin in last year's 2nd round so far.

InfiniteBoredom

lots of works needed on his groundstrokes. Been losing them all evening. Granted, Struff is actually very good at them but he's not top tier.

Brophs

The One and Only
Petkovic winning the first and then getting double bagelled isn’t a great look.

InfiniteBoredom

The heat is insane and playing a huge part. Feel for the players, even top athletes like these will struggle to player for hours in these conditions
Those who play the day session today caught the short end of the stick. Weather change forecasted in a few hours. Next few days will be cool and breezy.

saivet

Scoreline suggests another comfortable win for Nadal. Schwartmann in R4 next, so don't anticipate any problems there.

QF will be either PCB or, Cilic or Harrison (Cilic 1-0 up). You'd fancy him up against any of them, but if it's either PCB or Harrison, he'll be very happy)

InfiniteBoredom

Kyrgios through.

Tsonga must be gutted, Played an excellent match, 5-2 up in 4th set tie break only to get leg problem, then got hit in the knee cap by a passing shot, lost 5 points in a row and the match.

Nick looks good though. Nadal should be quite wary about him.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Poor Schwartzman. Nadal will eat the little guy alive.

DdeGoat

The last set of this Halep-Davis match has been epic. Some scintillating tennis from both players.

Over now, Halep wins 15-13.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I like this Chung kid.. won't win but he's a talent. Technically solid and soft hands.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Zverev should stop these drop shots and net approach play. He is not good at it. Has missed crucial points this set because of it.

InfiniteBoredom

Bagelled out of the tournament.

Complete and utter capitulation from Zverev. Chung's mentality is awesome though, reminiscent of Nadal's.

saivet

I really like Chung. Didn't think he'd beat Zverev, but fair play.

Delpo also two sets down to Berdych.

InfiniteBoredom

Djokovic looking pretty ominous tbh. Hopefully Berdych can take out Delpo so Fed's route getting a bit easier before meeting him.

Giggsy92

So many good matches going on it's hard to keep up. Kerber, Djokovic and Berdych all looking very good from what I've seen, Djokovic's limp between points is a bit of a worry though.

InfiniteBoredom

That was a lame way to go out. DF on match point.

Berdych was pretty unplayable tonight. Doubt anyone has flattened Delpo like this since last year.

saivet

Oh shit.. thought Chung was going to go out. Glad He's gone through.. one of the new gen who I actually enjoyed watching play. Has something about him.
Despite him winning the NextGen tournament, seems to have gone fairly under the radar. I think Novak will beat him, but it should be a good match.

InfiniteBoredom

Oh shit.. thought Chung was going to go out. Glad He's gone through.. one of the new gen who I actually enjoyed watching play. Has something about him.
His mentality. Cool as a cucumber under pressure and rarely makes any mistakes.

He reminds me of Nadal the most out of all the current top players. Just relentless workrate that wears oppo down.

Bojan11

I was going to put a bet on Chung but forgot ffs as I knew Zverev would have his usual GS meltdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.