Tennis 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
It is too easy on Anderson serve for Djokovic so far. Djokovic keeps the ball in and eventually Anderson commits unforced error. No big enough serves from Anderson.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Looks like the wear and tear has really caught up with him today. I do feel sorry for him on that level. Not sorry enough to want to see a professional server win though, it would just be nicer if it was more of a fair match physically..

Brophs

The One and Only
It’s a shame to see Anderson have this sort of start. It was always possible given that Djokovic matches up so well against him.

Rajma

Novak isn’t even taking any risks in the rallies, he just waits for Anderson to commit his eventual error.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The most underwhelming start to Wimby Men's Final ever...:(

Jazz

Ah, piss off, Federer.

Also, thanks for uninterrupted World Cup coverage.
This. Probably off on some exotic holiday whilst we're left with this dross final:mad:

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Novak could barely move in the 2013 final after that semi against Del Potro. Anderson is a lot bigger and had an even harder semi than Novak had in 2013. He'll do well not to get shut out.

Giggsy92

Got to imagine this will lead to the introduction of a fifth set tiebreaker next year.

Jazz

Got to imagine this will lead to the introduction of a fifth set tiebreaker next year.
Has to be. Should be for all the slams, not just US Open.

Jazz

Hey, love 15 for Anderson:) Some excitement!

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
:D Might be a 3rd set of twins with all the consoling he'll get from poor Mirka:D
Imagine 'Federers' winning men's doubles, women's doubles and mixed doubles sometime in future. Roger and Mirka have laid groundwork for that :D

Jazz

Imagine 'Federers' winning men's doubles, women's doubles and mixed doubles sometime in future. Roger and Mirka have laid groundwork for that :D
:lol:

Rogie and Mirka with their crafty plan to take over tennis with twins:drool:

Has said his boys love tennis but took longer for the girls to give a shit:D

Rajma

Novak getting to his best step by step, these kind of wins will do well for his self confidence and bringing his mojo back.

Jazz

How that didn't become a thing after the Isner-Mahut match years ago I would never understand.
I don't know either. The All England club does like to do their own thing though. Probably be the last slam that adapts the 5 set tie break.

saivet

Anderson's problem against the top players is that he doesn't come to the net much and when he does he's not great.

He did better against Rafa at the US Open than today but even there his serve lacks variety.

Jazz

Novak probably so bored he's trying to inject a little excitement with this slightly loose service game..

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Novak up 2 sets now. Might as well call it a day since Anderson never comes back from 2-0 at Wimbledon. :angel:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
How that didn't become a thing after the Isner-Mahut match years ago I would never understand.
That was a kind of nobody match on a nowhere court though. It became more a source of amused fascination and testament to Wimbledon's uniqueness, rather than a source frustration or dismay. It certainly didn't impact Centre Court and the condition of the players for the final.

I don't know either. The All England club does like to do their own thing though. Probably be the last slam that adapts the 5 set tie break.
I think even Wimbledon might be ready to go for a 12-12 tiebreak after Friday's experience.

Revan

Assumptionman
Why is everyone for Anderson? I thought that this type of fanboysim happens only for Federer.

saivet

Will see out the rest of this set then switch over to the World Cup. Anderson's played much better this set. Regardless, of what happens here I can't see him taking it to 5.

Jazz

Thought that ball by Novak was out. Ah well.

Jazz

Good play by Anderson, shame the ball is out

Enigma_87

You know who
Nope. One they weren't better and couldn't have been too. Teens is bit early imo to have that kind of consistency with that playing style. What is surprising is they still look in quite good shape. I still don't think they can last at top as long as Fed but if this Wimbledon is an indicator, they can last couple more years.
Becker won 5 out of his 6 slams before hitting 24.

Borg retired at 25.

Nadal's after 2014 FO up until last year was shit on a stick. Didn't make it past the QF at any slam. Djokovic since 2016 didn't make a slam SF up until this Wimbledon.

So no, they aren't better and neither is Federer who won 3 slams in the last two years.

Both Djokovic and Nadal are slowing down and the match yesterday was level or two below the one in 2012 AO for example.

The competition since 2013 was really poor. You have Anderson making 2 slam finals, Nishikori, 31 years old Ferrer, Thiem, Raonic, etc etc.

Murray has been injured for most of the time, Federer is also quite over the hill, yet the old guard is constantly making deep runs at slams because the young guns are just not there. The Dimitrov, Raonic, Nishikori, Cilic generation weren't good enough and the young lads like Thiem and Zverev are pretty useless at slams so far.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Will see out the rest of this set then switch over to the World Cup. Anderson's played much better this set. Regardless, of what happens here I can't see him taking it to 5.
This is how I learnt the WC final had started :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.