Tennis 2019

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
What an incredible final so far!

Them takes the first set.

Mcking

I'd like Thiem to win. I'm a fan of both players, but Thiem has had more disappointments in majors and is older. Tsitsipas still has plenty of time on his hands.

wr8_utd

:'(
That was typical Thiem in the final yesterday. He tries to blast his opponents off court so often that it's a very high risk strategy. Sometimes it comes off like it did vs Novak and there are days like yesterday, when in the final 15 mins of the match, he'd just keep missing by some inches. It's brave but maybe, he could adopt different strategies at some moments?

Bojan11

3.37 am and there is still a match on the 3rd day of the new Davis Cup format for at least 30 minutes....they played till 2.10 am yesterday too....that is not acceptable :houllier:
It finished like 3.25am, which is the second latest match that a match has gone on. Baghdatis vs Hewitt finished at 4.25am local time.

Not sure about all these ATP, Davis cup and Laver cup. Three events aren’t needed.

VP

In principle, I like this idea of a week-long Davis Cup but this first edition has been terribly done. Even something as basic as the TV coverage has been poor. I've had to resort to grainy YouTube footage for highlights.

Having this every year is also overkill. They really should make it a biennial event. The beauty of the world cup or even the Ryder Cup is the infrequency.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Wozniacki has just announced her retirement after next year's Australian Open.

Bojan11

Strange timing. Thought she would have just retired now because unless you Australian you don’t really retire there because you have a month off now and then have to prepare yourself again.

But don’t blame her, she’s made a shit load of money and probably wants to start a family. She’s also been getting a few injuries and to be fair there’s a lot of young talented in the womens game at the moment so it’s going to be tough for her to even get back in the top 10.

saivet

It's the only slam she won to be fair and perhaps she doesn't to play a full/half a season with there being a focus on this is her last tournament at x, y, z

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Strange timing. Thought she would have just retired now because unless you Australian you don’t really retire there because you have a month off now and then have to prepare yourself again.

But don’t blame her, she’s made a shit load of money and probably wants to start a family. She’s also been getting a few injuries and to be fair there’s a lot of young talented in the womens game at the moment so it’s going to be tough for her to even get back in the top 10.
Yeah, she mentioned some other goals to pursue (amongst which family-related ones) in her Instagram post as reasons to retire.

She's married to David Lee whose net worth is apparently twice hers so they're indeed stacked with money anyways.