Tennis 2019

saivet

Because Berdych is a big step up from his three other opponents. And unlike the three others who had no real weapons. He has the serve and forehand to give Nadal a tougher game. Not saying he’d win but he’d definitely push Nadal a lot harder than the three Aussies.
@amolbhatia50k
Bedych has also been in good form, beating Edmund and Schwartzman so far.

Made the Doho final before the Australian Open too.

He's been injured for longer than Nadal recently which could be a factor, befor Doha, his laat competitive match was at Queens.

Last edited:

InfiniteBoredom

The lineswomen in both Nadal/De Minaur and this match have been really poor.

If Verdasco loses this game and set he'd feel very hard done by.

*: And he did lose it.

Bojan11

Tomic vs Hewitt feud is hilarious. Both are cnuts, so they should let them fight it out.

Brophs

The One and Only
Hsieh is a really fun player to watch. Osaka is going out in the next 10 mins if she doesn’t cut out the unforced errors.

InfiniteBoredom

What a turnaround, 2 breaks :eek:

That last point was lucky as feck though. Shapo serving for 3rd set.

Edit: Won the set and get bagel’d the next, with a double fault on match point :lol:

Last edited:

saivet

I watched a bit of that third set and even though he lost that set, it felt more that it was about Djokovic being a bit annoyed and losing concentration rather than Shapovalov causing him much trouble.

I think Medvedev will be a decent test for Djokovic as he made the final in Brisbane and has looked good so far but still don't see him troubling Djokovic too much.

After that he'll play either PCB or Nishikori in the QF's where match up wise he should beat them comfortably.

InfiniteBoredom

Halep making quick work of her opponent for a change.

Zverev *should* be through here, 2 sets and break up, but as always, he’s only a bad game away from implosion.

saivet

Love Tiafoe's attitude. Very emotional after beating Dimitrov. First slam QF and where he'll very likely play Rafa.

saivet

Certainly wasn't competitive but good performance from Nadal. He did step of the gas in the third set but won it in the breaker.

Gona go back to sleep for an hour or so and then back up for the Federer match which I hope is a cracker.

InfiniteBoredom

Nadal has a very good shot now tbh, Tiafoe will be running high on adrenaline but an early break and business should resume as usual. Fed will have to get through a Tsitsipas high on confidence and most likely Cilic after, if he manages to.

Calling a 3-1 semi should Fedal happens.

Giggsy92

It's been very hard to imagine anything other than a Djokovic vs Nadal final all along really - wouldn't surprise me if that's what we get at all four slams this year if Nadal's body holds up. They'll both get there eventually but if Rafa wants to get to number 20 first I think he needs to be winning here.

The women's side was shaping up nicely til Kerber went out, what the hell happened there? Serena's obviously the favourite (even if Halep's her first real test) but if we get Serena vs Osaka and Kvitova vs Stephens that would be the best semis line-up in a while.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
What a match this is so far. Tsitsipas may well win but to see old man Roger having a good go is just great. Enjoying this whatever the result.

saivet

Federer very likely would have won that point anyway, but poor from the person in the crowd shouting out.

InfiniteBoredom

Sounds like an Aussie.....

Tsitsipas doing really well here, wouldnt be surprised if he wins next set. Fed looks a bit rattled.

Jazz

Lord a good set of tennis and great tie break. Loving it

Giggsy92

Eight break points for Fed in this set, none for Tsitsipas so far... Just watch Tsitsipas win the tie-breaker.

Jazz

Fed may regret not taking one of those break points. Reminds me of the US Open final against Novak where he spurned all those bloody break points. Not a good omen.