Tennis 2019

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Federer has only himself to blame, match shouldn't even have gone to the fifth he was playing that well. Choking 2 points on his own serve will haunt him for a long time, I don't know if he can comeback from this mentally.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
It looks like some caftards are posting live from Wimbledon with their swiss flag makeup on.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Federer vs Djokovic

Grand Slams: 20-16
Grand Slam finals: 31-25
Grand Slam semifinals: 45-36
Grand Slam quarterfinals: 55-45
Masters 1000: 28-33
ATP World Finals: 6-5
Weeks at no.1: 310-260
Year-end no.1: 5-5

Djokovic is 6 years younger.

Strachans Cigar

Yessss! Novak Djokovic!
Respect to Federer. Absolutely unbelievable to be THIS good at 38.
Yeah. ‘Amazing’ how he pushed somebody five and a half years younger all the way for five hours at his age isn’t it? Dodgy cnut.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Novak is the only one of the 3 who can actually lose his motivation a bit. We've seen it before. Nadal staying with within 2 of Federer was extremely important.

Either way, I've often said it, Nadal is going to finish below the both of them in GOAT debates.
He hasn’t been in the conversation for a long time now. I think Novak will finish on top

Revan

Assumptionman
Anyway, I think that Novak will go down as the best ever. And wouldn't be surprised if he reaches 8 in Wimbledon. This match was the opportunity for Roger to increase the gap between them, but couldn't do it.

saivet

Wonder if Roger will be back next year. If he keeps this form he has a good chance in US and Aus
Of course - he's still playing at a high level. The Olympics next year in Tokyo will be his last chance to win singles Gold which I think he would love.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Federer vs Djokovic

Grand Slams: 20-16
Grand Slam finals: 31-25
Grand Slam semifinals: 45-36
Grand Slam quarterfinals: 55-45
Masters 1000: 28-33
ATP World Finals: 6-5
Weeks at no.1: 310-260
Year-end no.1: 5-5

Djokovic is 6 years younger.
Roger playing this well so late in his career really is an anomaly. Not sure Novak will finish the same way

OohAahMartial

Best final I can remember, but that says a lot about my memory.

Not the greatest quality of tennis though, both were well below their best and making stupid unforced errors a horrendous number of times.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Of course - he's still playing at a high level. The Olympics next year in Tokyo will be his last chance to win singles Gold which I think he would love.
If he gets a bit of luck and Novak is off form I think he can get one more if he continues this form.

Revan

Assumptionman
Roger playing this well so late in his career really is an anomaly. Not sure Novak will finish the same way
He doesn't need too. He just needs another 2 good years to top Federer in every department.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Djokovic was far from his best the whole tournament. He needs to get back to top form now in the hard courts even if he's shown he can win while underperforming

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Anyway, I think that Novak will go down as the best ever. And wouldn't be surprised if he reaches 8 in Wimbledon. This match was the opportunity for Roger to increase the gap between them, but couldn't do it.
yup it was a pivotal match for the result not the performance. i think he's the goat because of his performance level in the mid-00s. but most people will go by slam count and h2h and this match sealed his fate - doesn't matter if he played did better.

Sweet Square

Is this the new moral victory?
99 in Barcelona wasn't even that good, don't you know. We got completely statistically dominated, might as well thrown old big ears down the toilet.

Honestly I hate how statistics have influence how people watch sport.

thepolice123

Had to be that witchcraft Novak's mother conjured by whispering into her necklace.

Ffs Federer.:mad:

R'hllor

Not sure i understand this, it wont be repeated again at 38, what losing vs younger player in 5? What if we have in the future a 38 year old player owning younger ones.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
He won't need to in order to surpass Federer or at least match him.

And at 37 he won't need to be as good as Federer is now to win Grand Slam titles. Federer has to face a younger Djokovic and Nadal, Djokovic won't have any greats in their prime taking titles away unless a new great tennis player shows up from nowhere or one of the next generation kicks on. It will be easier for Novak when he's 37 than it is for Federer now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's crazy how tennis has seen the 3 greatest players of all time playing all at the same time

Bole Top

apparently the first player that saved match points (in Wimbledon final) and still won in the end - since 1948. Djokovic :drool: