Tennis 2019

saivet

Third time lucky and Medvedev wins this final. Very good three weeks for him and now no.5 in the world.

Hopefully he's not too fatigued at the US Open, but as far as those outside the top 3 go, he's got the best chance.

saivet

Djokovic definitely has the toughest draw on paper of the big 3.

InfiniteBoredom

Nadal should blitz to the final, Fed vs Goffin is the most potentially dicey match up for him before semi, although with his recent form + past few years USO form, can’t rule out losing to Pouille.

Bojan11

Like always these draws always don’t pan out. Nadal was supposed to be out the first week of Wimbledon.

In reality all three should make the semis. Besides Medvedev there’s nobody really with any consistency besides Thiem on clay to trouble them in the slams.

Fed might have some problems vs Goffin if they meet. But that’s more Feds body struggling with the night conditions in recent years rather than ability.

Bole Top

Querrey in R2 and Waw/Anderson followed by Medvedev looks tough on this surface.

saivet

Anderson has pulled out and Raonic has also withdrawn from the US Open

wr8_utd

:'(
Nadal should blitz to the final, Fed vs Goffin is the most potentially dicey match up for him before semi, although with his recent form + past few years USO form, can’t rule out losing to Pouille.
Khachanov and Thiem gave Rafa a lot of trouble and if they both it make it far enough, they'll be really tough tests again. Millman isn't an easy R1 match either and Verdasco in R3 could be tricky. He still should make the final though.
Djoko, as usual, has the toughest draw of the 3 of them. Querrey and Stan before Medvedev, Federer and then Nadal is as hard as it gets.
Federer, again, has the easiest path to the semi finals but then ofcourse he's got Novak. His SF was always going to be hard irrespective of what half he ended in. Goffin is the only one who may take a set off him.

Bojan11

Serena making a mug of Maria once again so far in the first set.

Can’t believe Maria’s last victory came 15 years ago. That has to be the longest winless streak in tennis in terms of years.

wr8_utd

Can’t believe Maria’s last victory came 15 years ago. That has to be the longest winless streak in tennis in terms of years.
It's honestly even more embarrassing a "rivalry" than Federer vs Roddick.

Bojan11

Nagal serving for the first set against Federer.

And no it’s not Nadal.

wr8_utd

Federer winning easily now as expected but that first set and the very start of the second set were embarrassingly poor from him. He needs his serve firing in the tougher games or he's in big trouble.

saivet

After beating Federer and making the AO semi final, Tsitispas has not backed up his results at the slams at all.

R4 at RG vs Wawrinka and R1 here at the the US Open vs Rublev.

The Wimbledon R1 loss was the worst of the lot against Fabiano.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I was yesterday there and have now the "Career Grand Slam" :cool:......awesome facilities and the weather was acceptable too....i will go there again in the next days....just a shame my boy Murray isn't here.

I still can't believe that Kerber has won three different Grand Slams......she is so average :houllier:
Her winless streak against S.Williams is awful no doubt but like said i was there and you could see from the start she has still massive problems with the shoulder.
After beating Federer and making the AO semi final, Tsitispas has not backed up his results at the slams at all.

+ looks like he spends too much time with Kyrgios....Tsitispas to the umpire during the match ""I have to change, what? I don't care, give me warning, i don't care. You are all weirdos".

Bojan11

Like Sean said he’s spending too much time with that clown Kyrgios. That Australian open run looks more like a fluke now after his last three grand slams as he’s not backed anything up since then just like Pouille who reached the semi finals.

Also he’s the only weirdo. Needs to get better trainers for starters.

Thiem is a set down too. Zverev is probably going to lose the third set.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Does anyone play tennis here? Just bought a head radical rackett a year or so ago off pro direct tennis. Its good enough but I didn’t really see it in the flesh and it has quite a big head. Thinking of buying a new one soon for a more aggressive smaller head and a bit more weight.

Question is does it really make a difference or should I just stick to my racket I have now? I think maybe tennis rackets are something you need to try out but I can’t think of any sports shops where they have all the best array of rackets.

Bojan11

Thiem is two sets to one and a break down.

Embarrassing from him since RG. I know he’s good on clay but atleast do better on other surfaces. Wimbledon and US open are getting slower each year so no excuses for him not making deep runs in both tournaments.

Bojan11

Wow nearly all the seeds in Nadals section are either going out or pushed really hard.

Brophs

The One and Only
Does anyone play tennis here? Just bought a head radical rackett a year or so ago off pro direct tennis. Its good enough but I didn’t really see it in the flesh and it has quite a big head. Thinking of buying a new one soon for a more aggressive smaller head and a bit more weight.

Question is does it really make a difference or should I just stick to my racket I have now? I think maybe tennis rackets are something you need to try out but I can’t think of any sports shops where they have all the best array of rackets.
What size head does it have (as there seems to be a few models of that racquet)? Tbh, depending on your standard, you shouldn't really notice a huge difference with a slightly smaller head, unless you're really stitching the ball. Most beginner or intermediate racquets have a pretty forgiving sweet spot for a reason. The bigger sweet spot shouldn't, if you time the ball well, leave you underpowered. If there's a tennis pro at your club or nearby, see if they'd be willing to measure up your grip size, as that can often be the biggest difference at club level.

But if you're looking for a good advanced level racquet you'd really need to go to a shop and see what they feel like, as even a change in grip size makes a huge difference in terms of weight distribution and feel, particularly if you play with a one-handed BH. I know Sports Direct actually have a surprisingly decent selection of racquets, which are usually older models and beginner/intermediate models. Check out what feels good there and then buy it from the cheapest place you can find online (I've bought from Tennis Warehouse a few times and found them to be excellent). I use the Wilson Pro Staff RF 97 Autograph and it probably took me 3-4 months after buying it to feel perfectly comfortable with it, even though I'd played a couple of times with it beforehand and felt like it suited me. I had tried probably half a dozen other racquets before that and none of them felt as comfortable, albeit the difference, in reality, was probably negligible enough.

saivet

Embarrassing from him since RG. I know he’s good on clay but atleast do better on other surfaces. Wimbledon and US open are getting slower each year so no excuses for him not making deep runs in both tournaments.
It's strange that his biggest title, a Masters 1000 is on hard courts too.

Brophs

The One and Only

He's been ill, no?

wr8_utd

He was expected to be poor at Wimbledon. He always has and probably always will be.
Here he was poor in his loss today but he's also definitely been ill and there were some doubts if he'd play at all. He's not been all that bad here at the USO in the past 3 years and lost only to Del Potro and Rafa Nadal.

wr8_utd

Tsitsipas losing didn't surprise me. He's been trash since bottling that match vs Stan in Paris. He had such a good clay court season but has just completely collapsed since then and now is no better than any of his Next Gen co-morons.
Zverev survived but I don't see him going far, Khachanov is currently in a 5th set but the most surprisingly result for me is RBA losing. He's such a reliable player these days and him going out in R1 is a real shocker.
Felix is another player who has just completely lost his way since Wimbledon. About to go 2 sets down to Shapo.

Bojan11

He was expected to be poor at Wimbledon. He always has and probably always will be.
Here he was poor in his loss today but he's also definitely been ill and there were some doubts if he'd play at all. He's not been all that bad here at the USO in the past 3 years and lost only to Del Potro and Rafa Nadal.
To be fair Del Potro one was a big choke. Del Potro was “ill” that day too and was about to retire yet he came back from two sets down.

He said he was ill after Aussie open where he got knocked out in the second. So he should perhaps stop playing and see what the issue is.

wr8_utd

To be fair Del Potro one was a big choke. Del Potro was “ill” that day too and was about to retire yet he came back from two sets down.

He said he was ill after Aussie open where he got knocked out in the second. So he should perhaps stop playing and see what the issue is.
Not quite sure what the issue is but he pulled out of Cincinnati as well. The guy still plays way too much tennis as well. Maybe it's time to better schedule his year.

wr8_utd

Woah. Another shock for the day completed. Khachanov out to Popisil!
Nadal up an early break on Millman and leads 4-1.

Shapovalov giving Felix a good spanking so far.
Felix has just bizarrely gone off boil completely since Wimbledon.

wr8_utd

So all of Nadals potential SF opponents are already out.
If Nadal loses as well, we're going to have a completely random player make the finals of the USO (I don't expect Zverev to last that long). The happiest person today will be Nick Kyrgios though. Absolutely everyone in his quarter is out and he's got a very very easy path to the semis now.

R1 : Thompson
R2 : Mayer
R3 : Rublev/Simon
R4 : Berretini
QF : Monfils/Shapo

Only thing that should stop Nick from making the semis here is if he loses his mind yet again. If he plays as well as he did at Washington and vs Medvedev and Tsitsipas, he's going to make the SF.
I'd rather have faced Thiem or Tsitsipas than Nick tbh.

saivet

If Nadal loses as well, we're going to have a completely random player make the finals of the USO (I don't expect Zverev to last that long). The happiest person today will be Nick Kyrgios though. Absolutely everyone in his quarter is out and he's got a very very easy path to the semis now.

R1 : Thompson
R2 : Mayer
R3 : Rublev/Simon
R4 : Berretini
QF : Monfils/Shapo

Only thing that should stop Nick from making the semis here is if he loses his mind yet again. If he plays as well as he did at Washington and vs Medvedev and Tsitsipas, he's going to make the SF.
I'd rather have faced Thiem or Tsitsipas than Nick tbh.
That is a very good draw on paper, really and truly he should be making that semi final, but apart from Mayer I don't think that draw will be straight forward for him.

I'd definitely agree about rather facing Thiem or Tsitisipas in the SF.