Tennis 2019

wr8_utd

:'(
Today was just the 7th set he has lost in 12 finals. Three from Federer, 2 from Novak and one of each from Puerta (whom I've never heard of before today) and Thiem.
Puerta was an incredibly nervy match. Remember watching that and not feeling very confident after the first set. The 4th was another nightmare!

I'm still slightly surprised he doesn't skip grass altogether. I always think he's one long match on the surface away from doing himself a mischief.
I think the fact he had a really good run at Wimbledon last year is why he's playing this time. He really was a couple of points away (vs Djoko) from a rather easy final vs Anderson.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think the fact he had a really good run at Wimbledon last year is why he's playing this time. He really was a couple of points away (vs Djoko) from a rather easy final vs Anderson.
True. Grass has become an odd surface, in terms of players who are really comfortable on it. But I think today's Djokovic would be a different animal, together with the fact Federer is back to a good level. Added to the fact Nadal can look vulnerable against big hitters on the surface. I suspect he'd need a lot to go his way from here on to win another Wimbledon.

wr8_utd

True. Grass has become an odd surface, in terms of players who are really comfortable on it. But I think today's Djokovic would be a different animal, together with the fact Federer is back to a good level. Added to the fact Nadal can look vulnerable against big hitters on the surface. I suspect he'd need a lot to go his way from here on to win another Wimbledon.
Yeah I'm pretty relaxed about Wimbledon. Last year really was an anomaly for Rafa here. His level through the tournament and vs Del Po and Djokovic was surprisingly good. But yeah, I'd expect Djoko and Federer to comfortably beat him this year.

Brophs

The One and Only
Yeah I'm pretty relaxed about Wimbledon. Last year really was an anomaly for Rafa here. His level through the tournament and vs Del Po and Djokovic was surprisingly good. But yeah, I'd expect Djoko and Federer to comfortably beat him this year.
I actually think he could beat one of them - more likely Federer - but wouldn't be able to back it up. He still has it in him to bully great players on grass when he's right.

wr8_utd

I actually think he could beat one of them - more likely Federer - but wouldn't be able to back it up. He still has it in him to bully great players on grass when he's right.
Rafa's improved serve (the AO version) could help but I just don't think he's got enough to beat either here. Federer was pretty close in the two sets here on Friday. On grass he'd outclass Nadal imo.

Bojan11

Halle and Queens starting today.

Such a shame Grass doesn’t have ATP 1000 event. Ridiculous as I think Halle should be one now.

Djokovic and Nadal won’t be playing any events pre Wimbledon.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Hunt for 102 continued today.

Federer wasn't really great in his 7-6 6-3 win over Millman, but win's a win. Tsonga next.

Rain in Queens, or just no interested Wiki editor? Top half didn't play at all yet apparently.

saivet

Hunt for 102 continued today.

Federer wasn't really great in his 7-6 6-3 win over Millman, but win's a win. Tsonga next.

Rain in Queens, or just no interested Wiki editor? Top half didn't play at all yet apparently.
A complete washout. I'm going tomorrow and the forecast isn't great, but should see something

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Probably happened a lot of times, but first time I've seen live a bit of a heavy injury for a ball boy. Twisted a knee, poor lad. In the Stakhovsky - Herbert match.

Bojan11

Del Potro fractured his kneecap again. Out of Wimbledon.

Sad to see and wonder how long he can keep going.

wr8_utd

And Berrettini isn't a grass court player by any stretch of the imagination. Very very impressive!

FAA vs Tsitsipas is on right now.

wr8_utd

Tsitsipas loses in straight sets to Felix and Zverev loses to Goffin after being up a break in the final set.
The big hopes of the Next Gen continue to impress with their consistency.
Forget beating the likes of Rafa, Federer and Novak, they're not even good enough to consistently beat even Top 20 players.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Bautista Agut was excellent, even maybe better than Federer, but here comes a 10th game in third set, serve to stay in match, and bang, 4 unforced errors in a row, and a match for Roger.

What a black minute for the Spaniard.

NM

Tsitsipas loses in straight sets to Felix and Zverev loses to Goffin after being up a break in the final set.
The big hopes of the Next Gen continue to impress with their consistency.
Forget beating the likes of Rafa, Federer and Novak, they're not even good enough to consistently beat even Top 20 players.
The biggest hope is Felix. He is on a roll

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Bautista Agut was excellent, even maybe better than Federer, but here comes a 10th game in third set, serve to stay in match, and bang, 4 unforced errors in a row, and a match for Roger.

What a black minute for the Spaniard.
that was a quick 3-setter! i checked maybe 2 hours ago and it hadn't started?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Think 1st set was quick, but the match was 01:53:38 apparently, ok for three setter?
ah, looks like i just missed the start, and assumed it wasn't for a while. so i was a little surprised when i saw the final score.

wr8_utd

Think 1st set was quick, but the match was 01:53:38 apparently, ok for three setter?
That's long enough. With it being grass, there aren't going to be many rallies in most matches anyway. Most of the matches I've watched are just big serves and maybe 2-3 shot rallies.
The biggest hope is Felix. He is on a roll
Felix has been very impressive but lets see what he can do at a Slam. He's only ever played one match at a Slam (and lost).

Brophs

The One and Only

Almost 38, in what might be his last season on tour. Decent effort.

EDIT: I was sure I heard he was retiring, instead he has said he'll see how he goes

Bole Top

yeah, can't believe he is still playing. I remember I placed a bet on him to beat Tim Hennman in his last Wimbledon match and that was like, 15 years ago ffs. one of the few Spanish players that are really good on the grass. both him and Goffin at 2.70 were good picks yesterday. think he'll beat Simon today and it would be a fitting end since he already won here before.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Roger gonna get a real good game from Goffin.

Hasn't been all that comfortable this week has Roger.

Jazz

Great match this! Roger wins the first set in the tiebreak,

Coffin playing excellent tennis as well though. I guess neither deserved to lose that set.

Jazz

Roger mostly unplayable in this second set. Amazing.

Jazz

Roger wins. Best he's played all week!

Jazz

Old man Rog:lol: Hope he does well at Wimby:nervous:

Jazz

Aye :) good final. Anderson would be seeded #4. Will love to see Djokovic / Nadal on the same side for once.
Mmmm.. not sure we'll see Novak/Nadal on the same side. Can't wait for the draw though.

Jazz

Has Roger won this 12 or 13 times?:lol:

Jazz

Nah, it looks like his 10th title here.