Tennis 2020

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Cnut. His behavior has been despicable. Lost a lot of respect for him after this shit.
If you knew more about him you already would not have any, believe me.

He is the God of Serbia (actual quote by his father), so who can prevent him from hosting a tournament during the largest pandemic in a century.

Amir

He is the God of Serbia (actual quote by his father), so who can prevent him from hosting a tournament during the largest pandemic in a century.
No one should prevent it from him. He should be smart enough not to do it in the first place!

wr8_utd

:'(
I do like Djokovic and I think he gets a lot of unnecessary bad press far too often but he deserves everything coming his way this time. Absolutely everyone could see last week that this entire tour is going to end in disaster. The videos from the club last week were particularly jarring and it really is no surprise this has happened. His ridiculous anti-vaxxer views as well as his molecular structure and happy thoughts views are going to come under even more fire now. He's had a remarkably horrible lockdown in terms of damage done to his reputation.

saivet

It was a good idea if they didn’t fly over from the other side of the world.

Zverev apparently is walking without a mask in Monaco. Whilst Thiem is playing in France rather than self isolating. Also Thiems comment about lower ranked players soured me on him.

This virus is really showing some of the cnutish nature from some players. Even Kyrgios is taking it seriously.
Yep, I read Dimitrov flew from straight from the US to play in the Adria tour.

jem

His dad comes across as a complete clown.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
His dad comes across as a complete clown.
It is even better in full.
"He is the God of Serbia and the symbol of the new Serbia. But, this makes me sad. What will the Serbian people do once he retires? Apart feom Novak, they have nothing"

I shit you not, this is an actual quote.

jem

"He is the God of Serbia and the symbol of the new Serbia. But, this makes me sad. What will the Serbian people do once he retires? Apart feom Novak, they have nothing"

My god what an embarrassment!

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Djokovic's father on Dimitrov being positive:
"He probably came to the tournament sick, who knows where he got it. He caused great damage to Serbia, Croatia and our family"

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City

They have

In all seriousness though, is he at least getting heavy criticism from the press now?

RORY65

They have

In all seriousness though, is he at least getting heavy criticism from the press now?
He's Slovenian. They do have Jokic but he now has the Coronavirus, he was hanging out with Djokovic last week.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
He's Slovenian. They do have Jokic but he now has the Coronavirus, he was hanging out with Djokovic last week.
Man thats incredible embarrassing, I had the joker (not nole) in mind but somehow my brain shut off and I googled the wrong person.:nervous:

Dan_F

Man thats incredible embarrassing, I had the joker (not nole) in mind but somehow my brain shut off and I googled the wrong person.:nervous:
:lol: I guess it could have been worse if you’d chosen a Croatian.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Djokovic deserves the criticism for the basketball game and the partying but the way people blame him solely for the rest is a joke.

Matic is correct when he talks about nobody going mental at 20K attending a football match before this tournament. Same people slating him probably have been part of protests during a pandemic..

Protocols should been more stricht but how can you blame a single individual on that when country was not in any lockdown restrictions anymore.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Djokovic deserves the criticism for the basketball game and the partying but the way people blame him solely for the rest is a joke.

Matic is correct when he talks about nobody going mental at 20K attending a football match before this tournament. Same people slating him probably have been part of protests during a pandemic..

Protocols should been more stricht but how can you blame a single individual on that when country was not in any lockdown restrictions anymore.
They all deserve blame and criticism.

saivet

It was effectively a tournament pulled together by him so he deserves any subsequent praise or criticism.

Similar to how Mouratoglou started the Ultimate Tennis Showdown and Jamie Murray with Battle of the Brits.

Bojan11

I see John Isner has been making a fool of himself. Atlanta are having a tourney with fans this week.

Bojan11

You say protocols should have been strict then go onto another thing.

Whose idea was it to be in a Serbian club? Let me think about that. Same for the basketball game, which is probably where they got it as the basketball player had it too. What about his stupid father blaming Dimitrov?

Whole thing was started by Djokovic. He took the piss with the dancing and shit. Now rightly getting criticised for it.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
You say protocols should have been strict then go onto another thing.

Whose idea was it to be in a Serbian club? Let me think about that. Same for the basketball game, which is probably where they got it as the basketball player had it too. What about his stupid father blaming Dimitrov?

Whole thing was started by Djokovic. He took the piss with the dancing and shit. Now rightly getting criticised for it.
You do realise the post you quoted said he deserved criticism for the club and Basketball, yeah?

Bojan11

You do realise the post you quoted said he deserved criticism for the club and Basketball, yeah?
Yeah and you tried to downplay any involvement he had with running the tournament. It was his tournament. He was the key person running it. Just like Jamie Murray was running the Battle of Britain tournament.

He could have easily turned around and said let’s not play with fans. Do you think anyone would have argued? Or you know even better let’s not invite players to travel from America.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Yeah and you tried to downplay any involvement he had with running the tournament.
Thats complete lies.

You think Novak had more power than Croatian and Serbia governments? Made all the decisions at the venue?

Its like someone booking a private party at a venue where the venue is in charge of security, other protocols etc. They decide not to hire any security that night and an incident occurs. Solely the fault of the person who made the booking aye?

My valid point still stands, Djokovic being solely blamed for fans being in attendance, security and testing protocols of people entering Serbia and Croatia is completely absurd.

Bojan11

Thats complete lies.

You think Novak had more power than Croatian and Serbia governments? Made all the decisions at the venue?

Its like someone booking a private party at a venue where the venue is in charge of security, other protocols etc. They decide not to hire any security that night and an incident occurs. Solely the fault of the person who made the booking aye?

My valid point still stands, Djokovic being solely blamed for fans being in attendance, security and testing protocols of people entering Serbia and Croatia is completely absurd.
Lies?

Who came up with the idea? Did the Croatian and Serbian authorities just randomly decide oh we going to host a tennis tournament. We’d call it the Adria tour. Get out his arse.

Who invited Dimitrov? Who invited Thiem?

Who decided rather than getting tested in Croatia, I am going to travel all the way back to Serbia and then get tested 24 hours later. Whilst leaving all the people you invited to this tournament in Croatia to get tested. Great leadership there.

Did you see Jamie Murray deciding he’s going to invite the whole world to come play in the UK tournament?

Djokovics stock has gone down since Covid. Not just because he’s anti vaccine. Oh and nobody solely blamed Djokovic. But he holds the most responsibility. For some odd reason which you don’t seem to grasp. He organised the tournament. He invited the players. He’s the president of the ATP council. He should be leading by example.

Odd that Djokovic apologised, accepted responsibility and said it was too soon yet his fanboys are still defending him.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Yet his fanboys are still defending him.
Yet more lies from you, you're being pathetic and continue to spout the opposite of what has actually been said. Defending him yet my opening post said he deserved criticism. :rolleyes:

He received death threats for god sake. Many people are solely attacking him over the event hosting and lack of protocols including Dimitrov flying in from America, to say otherwise is nonsense.

Anyway no point in debating anymore when you're clearly unable to grasp what has been said and feel the need to make points about fanboys and his arse. Laughable.

Last edited:

Bojan11

Yet more lies from you, you're being pathetic and continue to spout the opposite of what has actually been said. Defending him yet my opening post said he deserved criticism. :rolleyes:

He received death threats for god sake. Many people are solely attacking him over the event hosting and lack of protocols including Dimitrov flying in from America, to say otherwise is nonsense.

Anyway no point in debating anymore when you're clearly unable to grasp what has been said and feel the need to make points about fanboys and his arse. Laughable.
Lies? Tell me what part are lies and stop behaving like a fanboy.

Who continues to post making excuses for him? Not me. Guess that be you. Now you mentioning death threats. What’s that got to do with the topic on hand?

So now you agree he was wrong to invite Dimitrov? We getting somewhere now. Now maybe you’d finally accept Djokovic was mainly responsible for that tournament. He was the one who organised it. He was the one who invited players. But still you’d probably make excuses for him despite him making the apology and saying it was too soon. But good old Mark won’t be having any of that.

Also had a look at this thread. Your posts mainly defending Djokovic and having a go at Fed. So yeah my point about you being a fanboy is correct.

Bojan11

Now before @Mark_Barca cries, I am going to call Isner a stupid cnut especially with his tweets from a few days ago. Masks are not even mandatory at the event.