Tennis 2020

saivet

Groups look pretty interesting. I've got the week off so looking forward to it.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Stupid group names. I'd even take blue and red over those.

Chads and virgins.

North and South.

Empire and Rebels.

So many better alternatives.

Bojan11

Groups look pretty interesting. I've got the week off so looking forward to it.
Sad that it’s last time in London and no fans.

Can’t complain though as London has had it for 11 years and had the likes of Fed, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray in their prime playing.

MattofManchester

Who do we see winning the Finals this year?

I want Rafa to win it, but realistically I think Thiem and Novak are favorites.

Medvedev on form will definitely be a challenge for Djokovic and if Zverev finds his serve he will be too.

Nadal might lose to Thiem but I can see him beating Tsitsipas, given he's almost still got injury issues.

Schwartzmann is, well,he made it to the Finals, so I guess he should be happy about that.

Bojan11

Who do we see winning the Finals this year?

I want Rafa to win it, but realistically I think Thiem and Novak are favorites.

Medvedev on form will definitely be a challenge for Djokovic and if Zverev finds his serve he will be too.

Nadal might lose to Thiem but I can see him beating Tsitsipas, given he's almost still got injury issues.

Schwartzmann is, well,he made it to the Finals, so I guess he should be happy about that.
Think today will show where Nadal is in terms of winning it. Win and he has a good chance. Lose and like you said Thiem or Djokovic.

wr8_utd

:'(
I genuinely had zero faith in Nadal to serve it out even when he had 2 serves at 5-2. He's become extremely mentally fragile when he's got to serve any set or match out.

So frustrating to watch this match as a Nadal fan. He's actually returning so much better than in Paris but god that was horrific from 5-2 on in the tiebreak. Of course Thiem is hitting every line as well as is tradition

Bojan11

Nadal played the right game. But mentally on some points he been all over the place. That smash he hits that every time and he misses.

Incredible effort to hold there but still can't see Nadal winning this one. Thiem is just hitting aces every other point and painting lines with his backhand. So good at taking it up high off the backhand. Insane upper body strength

saivet

Nadal's lost 5 tiebreaks in a row to Thiem. He played to a decent standard today though, should have won the first tie break and was up a break in the set. I think he'll beat Tsitsipas on Thursday but lose to Djokovic in the SFs.

wr8_utd

That's Thiem added to Federer and Djokovic who seem to have completely gotten into Nadal's head now on hard courts. Nadal is just way too nervy on big points/closing out sets and matches to really compete against either. Even if he were to beat Tsitsipas, beating both Djokovic and Thiem back to back for the title is going to be an impossibility.

MattofManchester

It's good for Nadal that he can play and match their levels indoors, but seriously, he needs to be able to put more pressure on his opponent and capitalize on opportunities.

This is becoming a habit from him in tight matches.

Hoping he learns from this, beats Tsitsipas, and we'll see where we go from there.

After this, I don't think there's a chance again for him to win WTF.

saivet

Excellent performance from Medvedev, pretty comfortable win aganinst Djokovic.

Nadal vs Tsitsipas and Djokovic vs Zverev will be the deciders tomorrow and Friday.

saivet

From being so comfortably on serve Nadal's serving has fallen off a cliff. It would be a bad loss if he loses this from here.

wr8_utd

Nadal's gonna Nadal. Absolutely untroubled on serve for two entire sets and at 4-5 in the 2nd he suddenly forgets how to make volleys and loses with a DF. Nadal earlier used to get off to slow starts. Now the worry with him is his constant inability to close out sets and matches.

wr8_utd

That's 71 matches in a row now that Rafa has won when he's taken the first set. Not bad for a one surface player.

saivet

I think this is a pretty decent match. Zverev has been the stronger player this set and should take it to 3 sets as he looks the more likely player to break, but we know he can throw in a few double faults at any moment.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think this is a pretty decent match. Zverev has been the stronger player this set and should take it to 3 sets as he looks the more likely player to break, but we know he can throw in a few double faults at any moment.
First tennis match I've watched in ages. Good watch.

saivet

First tennis match I've watched in ages. Good watch.
The Thiem-Nadal match earlier in the week was brilliant. By far the best match of the tournament, would recommend watching the highlights if you can.

Bojan11

Annoying Nadal match is same time as United game.

Thiem probably is the best defensive player in tennis now.