Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Eurosport cutting for a break at every change over is infuriating. Their interactions on the bench is more fun than the tennis!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
So far, in terms of standard, of all the exhibition tennis matches I've watched, this is certainly one of them.
Court is grim as feck, crowd is dead, main camera angle is shaky as hell and the tennis is being played in slow motion. Also it's doubles. Who the feck actually watches doubles?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Eurosport cutting for a break at every change over is infuriating. Their interactions on the bench is more fun than the tennis!
Buy Discovery Plus, init? fecking hate American capitalism

Brophs

The One and Only
Todd Woodbridge just said Federer still has the ability to "tunnel you up". Man's a dirtbag.

Brophs

The One and Only
Tbf, I'd give Federer a chance of making the second week of his club championships this summer.

MattofManchester

You kinda wish these guys don't go away.

Also, what was with Tiafoe going for head in the latter stages there? Especially when Nadal chose not to in a circumstance that would have given them a big advantage.
I know it's fair, but it's an exhibition you know.

Samid

Sad night for Europeans. We gifted the point to the Americans just because grandpa here wanted a farewell.

Swiss_Red89

I'm crying one more time with you Rogi. You absolute legend. I only post this on an ManUnited Forum, but you really were an Icon in my life. The greatest Swiss Sportsman ever. Love you forever. Thank you Roger.

Rightnr

Sad night for Europeans. We gifted the point to the Americans just because grandpa here wanted a farewell.
The guy you're insulting is the reason this event exists, so pipe down

Brophs

The One and Only
He's really going to start crying when he realises he's caught MegaCovid from Novak.

Brophs

The One and Only
Berrettini seems like he’s the fun Bobby of this team. The ultimate hype man. #goodvibesonly

Samid

You kinda wish these guys don't go away.

Also, what was with Tiafoe going for head in the latter stages there? Especially when Nadal chose not to in a circumstance that would have given them a big advantage.
I know it's fair, but it's an exhibition you know.
Isn’t the point of this to create a Ryder Cup of tennis? You’d get slaughtered for calling that an exhibition.

MattofManchester

Isn’t the point of this to create a Ryder Cup of tennis? You’d get slaughtered for calling that an exhibition.
What would you call playing against a guy who's 41 and hasn't playing a match in 3+ years?
It can still be competitive and aim for the body, sure, but was it really necessary for Tiafoe to drill it at Rafa's skull?

Not once, not even twice, but several times.

But I guess this isn't the moment for that.
At the very least, we got to see a legend grace the game one more time.

Rightnr

I’ll forgive him if we retain the trophy.
Tonight is literally the first time I watched a match of this whole thing - I consider it a waste of time anyway.

The future is looking similarly boring with Team Europe set to dominate the rankings

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Seeing Rafa and Roger sobbing to the backdrop of an Ellie fecking Goulding concert is quite a surreal sight.

swissgenius

Oh boy, how lucky are we to have witnessed this legend.
There won't be anyone like him ever.
Seeing him and Rafa crying on that bench was heartbreaking, thank you for everything Roger!

El-Manos

All of us…

feckin love this, 2 two absolute legends. Roger, you’ll be missed. What a class act. This is what rivalry is all about: push each other to beyond your limit whilst retaining the upmost respect & dignity.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Sad day for tennis. Will be a massive vacuum when Nadal and Djokovic go as well.

Tennis fans who've been watching the last 18 years have been extremely lucky, that every GrandSlam felt like a historic chapter in an unforgettable era. It was a bit like Usain Bolt - where you're not only going to watch a sport, but you're actually watching something unprecedented and historic in front of your eyes. Once they're all gone, it's just another sport and you know the guys ahead aren't as good as what you have been accustomed to watching.
I had to bump this because it is for every word what I would say about this moment.

Federer was the reason I became obsessed with Tennis, and Nadal/Djokovic joining the Greatest of tennis players during the period just reinforced that joy. These are absolute greats of the individual sports, and when all 3 do retire I dont think I will have the same passion for tennis ever again. They really are a unique group of players that will be difficult to replicate in any sports.

TheLiverBird

There will never be a Tennis player in my lifetime I doubt (I’m 33) that looked so good playing the game like Federer did.

he played the game perfectly and glided over the court like no other ever, especially on grass of course. So much so people would regard it as pure poetry in motion, or a tennis version of Ballet.

This is why many have him down as their favourite ever, no one has ever played like him, the best version of Tennis I’ve ever seen.

Ladron de redcafe

Will go down as the greatest ever for a lot, regardless of the numbers. It will always be a subjective point, but thevst majority of tennis fans seem to consider him the most pleasing tennis player to watch and he's the reason many people got into tennis. Winning the most popular ATP player 13 years in a row is staggering and sheds light on his importance in tennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.