Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

Was Emma Raducanu's US Open win a bit of a fluke? Whilst it was a massive achievement, do people think this was a one off or does she have the potential for sustained success?

I guess it's probably too early in her career to call it either way. The hype train was in full force last year, but i can't help but feel she needs some consistency in her coaching first and foremost before she can be considered a contender for getting to the latter stages of a slam.
I think you're right that it's too early to tell but regardless of how her career goes I think the US Open was a bit of a one off. Things opened up in a weird way, she played brilliantly and didn't have to deak with much adversity as she won every match in straight sets.

This is her first full year on tour and I think it will just take her some time to get used to the grind physically and mentally. If she is having simular results 2 years from now maybe there's some concern but I think the talent is definitely there.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Was Emma Raducanu's US Open win a bit of a fluke? Whilst it was a massive achievement, do people think this was a one off or does she have the potential for sustained success?

I guess it's probably too early in her career to call it either way. The hype train was in full force last year, but i can't help but feel she needs some consistency in her coaching first and foremost before she can be considered a contender for getting to the latter stages of a slam.
It was a massive fluke. She isn’t very good at all.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
It was a massive fluke. She isn’t very good at all.
Sorry but that's nonsense. She hardly lost a set and you cannot fluke one of those. She's not used to grass and is struggling at going full time and with the injuries associated. She might not do it again sure but that doesn't make it a fluke she was dominant that tournament.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Sorry but that's nonsense. She hardly lost a set and you cannot fluke one of those. She's not used to grass and is struggling at going full time and with the injuries associated. She might not do it again sure but that doesn't make it a fluke she was dominant that tournament.
You are quite right. It was definitely no fluke.
She has loads of natural ability but is clearly struggling to come to terms with everything.

As you rightly say, she may not repeat that achievement.
She doesn't seem to be hitting the ball anything like as hard as she did then.
But her opponent Garcia was very good.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Murray just needs to remember that Isner is two years older than him and hasn’t ever won anything.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
the last time i saw someone with dodgy hips being pounded this hard was the day i learnt to knock on my nan’s bedroom door before entering.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Acting like such a clown, God do I want Isner to beat him.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Isner might also be the coolest guy I've ever seen play Tennis. Does he have any emotion?

LDUred

Isner must have thought 'Basketball? Nah, way too obvious' at some stage when deciding which sport to pursue.

Doracle

I’ve never seen Isner play anywhere near that well. Gutted for Andy as he had a good chance to go a long way in this tournament and that might be his last chance. That backhand at deuce which ultimately cost him his serve will haunt him for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.