Tennis 2023

Brophs

The One and Only
Btw, Sabalenka is playing comfortably the best, most solid tennis on either side of the draw. I really didn’t expect to be able to say that.
Brophs knows*

* Do not mention my many other terrible takes I will not be replying

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Compelling girls final between the two young Russian girls. Hope they both become good pros.
They are good pros already. :) One can say they are neither Swiatek nor Osaka, yet top 10 players for sure as long as they stay committed… which proves easier for girls coming from Eastern Europe.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
They are good pros already. :) One can say they are neither Swiatek nor Osaka, yet top 10 players for sure as long as they stay committed… which proves easier for girls coming from Eastern Europe.
I was talking about the junior final not the Sabalenka vs Rybakina match.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Tmr, I fully support Tsitsipas and I’m sure he will give big troubles to Novak. Although I think Novak will still win it.

Rajma

The issue with Tsitsipas is that he’s capable of breaking down mentally quite easily if things are not going his way in these high pressure matches, looks on the verge of crying sometimes.

ExoduS

The issue with Tsitsipas is that he’s capable of breaking down mentally quite easily if things are not going his way in these high pressure matches, looks on the verge of crying sometimes.
He did come back against Nadal from 2 0 but Nadal had some scars from getting destroyed by Novak a year before.

I hope Novak absolutely annihilates Tsitsipas as hard fought win isn't enough.

saivet

He did come back against Nadal from 2 0 but Nadal had some scars from getting destroyed by Novak a year before.

I hope Novak absolutely annihilates Tsitsipas as hard fought win isn't enough.
Why not?

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I recently stumbled across highlights of Wawarinka's win over Djokovic in Melbourne from 2014; what a performance that was with him hitting winners from every, painting the lines, hitting into the corners etc. Given how insanely good Djokovic has been in Melbourne, with that being his only defeat there from 2011-2016, that win stands out even more. Plus he narrowly lost to him, 12-10 in the 5th set, and probably should have beaten him in Melbourne the year before.

In terms of tomorrow’s final, I don’t think that Tsitsipas’s one handed backhand is anywhere near as lethal as Stan’s, or Thiem’s for that matter. I expect Djokovic to win in 4 sets, but I hope I’m wrong.

Brophs

The One and Only
Djokovic will break Tsitsipas’ backhand early and never look back.

ExoduS

I recently stumbled across highlights of Wawarinka's win over Djokovic in Melbourne from 2014; what a performance that was with him hitting winners from every, painting the lines, hitting into the corners etc. Given how insanely good Djokovic has been in Melbourne, with that being his only defeat there from 2011-2016, that win stands out even more. Plus he narrowly lost to him, 12-10 in the 5th set, and probably should have beaten him in Melbourne the year before.

In terms of tomorrow’s final, I don’t think that Tsitsipas’s one handed backhand is anywhere near as lethal as Stan’s, or Thiem’s for that matter. I expect Djokovic to win in 4 sets, but I hope I’m wrong.
Wawrinka took 3 grand slams directly from Djokovic with a game I just don't understand. Wawrinka is like a mental giant of a player as he typically loses non important matches to Novak but important matches he wins. I think Novak's game puts Stan into a perfect rhythm.

Federer and Nadal never had issues with him as Djokovic did.

Stan's peak is a scary, scary thing.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I only saw highlights but the ladies final was quite good. For a while there it looked like it could go either way.

Bole Top

I wanted to kill some time before the final and took a look at wta rankings and some of the players. half of those names I never heard before because I don't watch womens tennis, yet it seems every one of them is GS winner. If I counted right, there's 12 GS winners in current AO alone and that's without Halep, Osaka, Barty. Christ.

saivet

Tsistipas not into this match at all. He needs to improve his first serve percentage and quickly

Ladron de redcafe

What a bunch of shots from Tsitsipas there and novak is glaring at his box. Lots of tension between he and Goran for whatever reason.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Can he? Can’t he?? Tsitsi with the game of his life at 5-4 2nd set on Djokinator’s serve.

Bole Top

terrible tiebreak and 2nd set overall. mostly mistakes from both sides.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's just inevitable. No one will regularly win slams until Nadal and Djokovic retire.