TFM to Ajax?

Andersonson

Again. Not everyone makes it, and that's fine, it's the good riddance terminology I don't like that. Feels harsh on a youth player that's not made the step up.
Very few makes it. Doesnt mean we should hang on to them... Ajax would be a very good move. Not a very good League and CL-football. He could get into that first11

Coops73

Why is that wow? it's true. How can he expect to be good enough for us if he can't make it at lower clubs.

Being this generous to average players is what got us into this mess in the first place.
Yeah, he’s probably not good enough to play at the highest level but saying good riddance like he’s been some sort of parasite on the club is quite frankly a load of bollocks.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, he’s probably not good enough to play at the highest level but saying good riddance like he’s been some sort of parasite on the club is quite frankly a load of bollocks.
Yeah ok maybe the wording was wrong, but he won’t read it so it doesn’t really matter. Unfortunately he’s just not progressed. If LVG stayed things could look different as he seemed a decent RB at the time under him.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He's only turned 21 a few weeks ago... Has 42 premier League appearances and has 3 senior appearances for the Dutch national team.

He looks better suited long term to a CB or DM role but has mostly had to take his chances at RB.... Was unlucky to be up against bissika who is clearly a better full back and the fulham defence is shambolic and certainly not the place to judge a young player mostly playing out of position

If we do sell him I hope we get a sell on fee / buy back clause in there as it's very early to write him off.

Bwuk

He might not be good enough but loaning to Premier League clubs is generally a poor idea. We shouldn't bother.
Fulham are shite.

If he can’t get a game for them it’s worrying. Odoi is perhaps the worst right back I’ve seen.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He's only turned 21 a few weeks ago... Has 42 premier League appearances and has 3 senior appearances for the Dutch national team.

He looks better suited long term to a CB or DM role but has mostly had to take his chances at RB.... Was unlucky to be up against bissika who is clearly a better full back and the fulham defence is shambolic and certainly not the place to judge a young player mostly playing out of position

If we do sell him I hope we get a sell on fee / buy back clause in there as it's very early to write him off.
This.

jesperjaap

Personally feel a bit sorry for him, he has been wasted by ourselves and all the clubs he has bene on loan to. He is a CENTRE BACK and was a very promising one, why an earth is everybody playing him at right back, which doesnt suit him at all? I am no football expert but blindingly obvious within a couple of games to me his positioning and body movement along with other attributes just isnt suited to being a full back

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Personally feel a bit sorry for him, he has been wasted by ourselves and all the clubs he has bene on loan to. He is a CENTRE BACK and was a very promising one, why an earth is everybody playing him at right back, which doesnt suit him at all? I am no football expert but blindingly obvious within a couple of games to me his positioning and body movement along with other attributes just isnt suited to being a full back
He's not the first centre back who has had to earn his stripes as a utility right back. He won't be the last. Just like young strikers have to often take their chances playing on the wing.

He had some very good games at RB under LvG too. His best position may well be centre back but he's not exactly failed in the few games he has played at right back for United. He was brilliant away at Spurs before he was subbed off.

He played in midfield for the U18s and looked very good there too.

Kidders

I have consistently said that he is'nt top draw, he's actually struggling to establish himself as a premier league player, maybe a move abroad could give him a fresh start, going back to Ajax is'nt realistic as they (probably) have a conveyer belt of young defenders coming through, good luck to him, but it's time to go.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I have consistently said that he is'nt top draw, he's actually struggling to establish himself as a premier league player, maybe a move abroad could give him a fresh start, going back to Ajax is'nt realistic as they (probably) have a conveyer belt of young defenders coming through, good luck to him, but it's time to go.
You think they have a conveyor belt of senior Dutch internationals as teenagers who've put in top performances against the big 6 in England and been called the toughest opponent by one of the best wingers in the world? No, they don't.

Kidders

You think they have a conveyor belt of senior Dutch internationals as teenagers who've put in top performances against the big 6 in England and been called the toughest opponent by one of the best wingers in the world? No, they don't.
That's not what I was implying, of course they would want him, and of course he is good enough (too good for the Dutch League), but they usually rely on bringing through their own players rather than buying them in.
That's why I said 'probably', as I don't have a clue about their developing players.
The fact is, despite the accolades, a number of top coaches have worked with him and he has failed to secure a regular spot in their teams.
I would love to be proved wrong and see him establish himself as a top player but I can't see it being at United, and let's be honest, if he can't nail down a spot in THAT Fulham team then just what premier league team could he get into?