TFM

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If anything, majority of our players will know how self isolation works since majority of them had periods where they disappeared for months over past few years.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Please tell me McNair and Borthwick-Jackson are no longer on the books. :nervous:
They are not..just. Borthwick-Jackson was still at United on February 24 !

EDIT: Wait a minute.. He actually fecking IS at United still :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Tim? It’ll be like a new signing when Tim is back. DM, RB, CB, RW, you name it, Tim will be a big boost when he’s back.

Champagne Football

Tim? It’ll be like a new signing when Tim is back. DM, RB, CB, RW, you name it, Tim will be a big boost when he’s back.
Yep, for the whole 5 minutes before he breaks down for the season again. He must be a wizard at FIFA 20 from so many years at home recovering

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s barely played any football in 2 years. He had real potential though. He’s fast and strong, extremely difficult to beat 1v1 - and also a very good tackler. In his first season he used to carry the ball very well too. Everything after Palace has been a total write-off though, probably one he won’t recover from.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
This has to be the only place where he's still rated by people.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He’s barely played any football in 2 years. He had real potential though. He’s fast and strong, extremely difficult to beat 1v1 - and also a very good tackler. In his first season he used to carry the ball very well too. Everything after Palace has been a total write-off though, probably one he won’t recover from.
Funny how the team we loaned him to get experience playing regular as a RB, suddenly benched him for a RB that we ended up signing for 50m.

Tough break for TFM, Wan-Bissaka has really taken everything from him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I have fond memories of TFM and CBJ during the LVG(ish) time. CBJ looked like a good prospect with a wicked cross on him. TFM also looked great initially but wasn't nearly good enough to break through at CB. Thought he may be a decent candidate to one day develop as a ball winning DM, but that seems to have been more hope than reality.

Had some high praise at the time

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Funny how the team we loaned him to get experience playing regular as a RB, suddenly benched him for a RB that we ended up signing for 50m.

Tough break for TFM, Wan-Bissaka has really taken everything from him.
‘Suddenly’ occurred about 7 months into the season. Up until then, he was a regular and warning great reviews. Naturally, once Wan-Bissaka emerged, they hedged their bets on their own player, which worked out well for them.

Fulham was a total disaster but Palace was a success on the whole I’d say. He hasn’t progressed since then.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
‘Suddenly’ occurred about 7 months into the season. Up until then, he was a regular and warning great reviews. Naturally, once Wan-Bissaka emerged, they hedged their bets on their own player, which worked out well for them.

Fulham was a total disaster but Palace was a success on the whole I’d say. He hasn’t progressed since then.
Wasn't designed to be insulting, it's just that he seemed like he was having a good spell. I recall some good performances vs Sane so it did feel abrupt that he was suddenly dropped for Wan-Bissaka at the time.

I may have forgotten but I think Fosu-Mensah recieved a red card/or he as injured and Wan-Bissaka got a chance and never looked back.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wasn't designed to be insulting, it's just that he seemed like he was having a good spell. I recall some good performances vs Sane so it did feel abrupt that he was suddenly dropped for Wan-Bissaka at the time.

I may have forgotten but I think Fosu-Mensah recieved a red card/or he as injured and Wan-Bissaka got a chance and never looked back.
I believe it was a game against us in which TFM was ineligible to play which presented Wan-Bissaka with his chance. He was very good in that game, and Palace naturally ran with that. But yea, before that, Fosu-Mensah was doing well, popular with their fans, and got into the Dutch squad. Just shows how careers can swing in an instant.

He was like a rabbit in headlights. Good physical attributes, crap footballer. We probably activated his extra year because we don't want players walking in the summer and we won't be able to arrange renewals/sales now.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We always seem to have a player like him ie someone whose hyped to the ridiculous despite spending most of his time due to injury. Fabio, Welbeck came before him and he's probably going to be succeeded by Tuanzebe. Hopefully I am wrong on that one.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He was like a rabbit in headlights. Good physical attributes, crap footballer. We probably activated his extra year because we don't want players walking in the summer and we won't be able to arrange renewals/sales now.
Why do you say that? Because of the pen that was given against him whilst he timed his tackle perfectly and the ref missed it?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Players like TFM, Tuanzebe, CBJ and a few others tend to get lost in the shuffle when clubs swap out managers every couple of years and each new manager comes in and wants to buy their way back into prominence. These three seemed to be LVG choices (IIRC) and so obviously Mourinho wasn't going to continue their development in liue of his own immediate squad and transfer priorities - and likewise Ole wasn't likely to spend much energy developing youth players from the previous cycle when he had the likes of Williams, Greenwood, Chong, Garner et al to choose from.

Why do you say that? Because of the pen that was given against him whilst he timed his tackle perfectly and the ref missed it?
No, the Leicester (?) game didnt even cross my mind.

With a couple of exceptions he has always looked like the game is moving too fast for him.

Brightonian

Never quite thought he had enough to stay in the first team, but I did think he might get more of a look in. Injuries and loans combined have done for him. But he earned his hype in the youth teams by being ahead of the curve physically, combined with decent rather than exceptional skills. For me it's the exact same profile that Chong has, although granted his physical early curve is only pace, not strength, whereas as a kid Timmy had both.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I don't think I remember him playing after that first half against Spurs in which he kept us in the game.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Players like TFM, Tuanzebe, CBJ and a few others tend to get lost in the shuffle when clubs swap out managers every couple of years and each new manager comes in and wants to buy their way back into prominence. These three seemed to be LVG choices (IIRC) and so obviously Mourinho wasn't going to continue their development in liue of his own immediate squad and transfer priorities - and likewise Ole wasn't likely to spend much energy developing youth players from the previous cycle when he had the likes of Williams, Greenwood, Chong, Garner et al to choose from.

Mou played Rashford (of course) and praised Tuanzebe to high heavens. Ole carried on playing McTom and promoted Tuanzebe. I see no evidence for managers not playing top youngsters because they didn’t “discover” them.