TFM

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Injuries ruined his career so far.

He was actually really promising at first especially at RB, looked decent at CB for that one game also.

Never ever saw the fascination about him as a CM apart from him being fast and being able to tackle, I guess some people think that's enough.

Unfortunately after looking promising at palace he was woeful at Fulham, then hasn't been fit since. Hopefully he goes onto have a good career elsewhere if he can get his body right.

Web of Bissaka

Players like TFM, Tuanzebe, CBJ and a few others tend to get lost in the shuffle when clubs swap out managers every couple of years and each new manager comes in and wants to buy their way back into prominence. These three seemed to be LVG choices (IIRC) and so obviously Mourinho wasn't going to continue their development in liue of his own immediate squad and transfer priorities - and likewise Ole wasn't likely to spend much energy developing youth players from the previous cycle when he had the likes of Williams, Greenwood, Chong, Garner et al to choose from.
I fear Mou will stop playing Rashford -- he didn't, became a regular immediately.
I fear Ole will stop playing McTominay -- he didn't, became a regular quickly.

Worth mentioning TFM is the first player Mou tried and he didn't convince, then Tuanzebe is the second and he did convince but not enough seemingly.
LVG also used Januzaj for one whole season, but he doesn't convince.

The players are either good enough successfully convince the manager, or not and had "consequences", never heard of any new manager not using previous manager's good young academy players.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I fear Mou will stop playing Rashford -- he didn't, became a regular immediately.
I fear Ole will stop playing McTominay -- he didn't, became a regular quickly.

Worth mentioning TFM is the first player Mou tried and he didn't convince, then Tuanzebe is the second and he did convince but not enough seemingly.
LVG also used Januzaj for one whole season, but he doesn't convince.

The players are either good enough successfully convince the manager, or not and had "consequences", never heard of any new manager not using previous manager's good young academy players.
So these kids were good enough for LvG but not José is what you’re saying yes?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He’s a young player on low wages who could fetch £10-15m easily after getting fit again and have a loan spell abroad or the Championship. Letting a 22 year old Dutch international leave for free would be pure stupidity.

SAFMUTD

He’s a young player on low wages who could fetch £10-15m easily after getting fit again and have a loan spell abroad or the Championship. Letting a 22 year old Dutch international leave for free would be pure stupidity.
Guess thats what we thought on 23 year old England international Phil Jones.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I agree, but I can't help be dismayed at another player I liked the look of destined to be playing elsewhere.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It’s so he doesn’t leave for free.
That's a broken record at this stage. Heard that about many a dud in the past. We give them new contracts so they 'don't leave for free' only to find out that no one can match United's wages meaning we're stuck with them until their new contract runs down.

15m? Who is going to pay that in the post-covid world for a player that has shown absolutely nothing in his professional career? He's 22, injury-riddled and the fact that yet another loan move is being discussed says it all really. We got 15m for Depay. Less than 10m for Januzaj. But somehow injury-riddled TFM 'could easily fetch 15m' in a post-covid world where transfer money will be scarce. This isn't FM.

Varun1

That's a broken record at this stage. Heard that about many a dud in the past. We give them new contracts so they 'don't leave for free' only to find out that no one can match United's wages meaning we're stuck with them until their new contract runs down.

15m? Who is going to pay that in the post-covid world for a player that has shown absolutely nothing in his professional career? He's 22, injury-riddled and the fact that yet another loan move is being discussed says it all really. We got 15m for Depay. Less than 10m for Januzaj. But somehow injury-riddled TFM 'could easily fetch 15m' in a post-covid world where transfer money will be scarce. This isn't FM.
Where does it even say how much he's being offered?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not that I have an opinion one way or another, but it's not like we're extending a first teamer on a 100K a week. I'm not sure how much he's on, 20K?

SAFMUTD

23 year old Phil Jones had over 100 appearances for the club including some exceptional performances against the best clubs in the world. What’s the relevance to TFM?
That its a freaking mistake to keep renewing underachiving players with awful injury history.

jackal&hyde

That its a freaking mistake to keep renewing underachiving players with awful injury history.
It's probably going to be a fairly low wage and if he has a successful loan we can get a few million on his transfer. Makes sense to me.

SAFMUTD

It's probably going to be a fairly low wage and if he has a successful loan we can get a few million on his transfer. Makes sense to me.
I dont see logic in keeping youngsters just for the sake of it, its not like TFM hasnt got chances. He has been loaned twice with really poor results, how often do that kind of playerd end up making it? Or at least we make a profit on them?

We've have had enough of those, Will Keane, Tom Lawrence, James Wilson, Tyler Blacket, Paddy McNair, CBJ, Demtri Michell are the ones that come to mind.

Most of them end up just running their contract out because no one will pay for them, and between the ones sold I dont think we gather the 10-15M some posters here are talking about.

I know with youngsters patience is a must, but I just dont get why we keep wasting time when its clear the player isnt good enough, we should me more ruthless and set the bar higher for the youngsters to come.

That same mentality translates to senior players and thats why we end up with players like Jones, Lingard, Rojo, etc who are impossible to sell because no one in their right mind will pay their current wages, but some genious thought it was a good idea to renew their contract to get a fee for them in the future.

hmchan

I dont see logic in keeping youngsters just for the sake of it, its not like TFM hasnt got chances. He has been loaned twice with really poor results, how often do that kind of playerd end up making it? Or at least we make a profit on them?

We've have had enough of those, Will Keane, Tom Lawrence, James Wilson, Tyler Blacket, Paddy McNair, CBJ, Demtri Michell are the ones that come to mind.

Most of them end up just running their contract out because no one will pay for them, and between the ones sold I dont think we gather the 10-15M some posters here are talking about.

I know with youngsters patience is a must, but I just dont get why we keep wasting time when its clear the player isnt good enough, we should me more ruthless and set the bar higher for the youngsters to come.

That same mentality translates to senior players and thats why we end up with players like Jones, Lingard, Rojo, etc who are impossible to sell because no one in their right mind will pay their current wages, but some genious thought it was a good idea to renew their contract to get a fee for them in the future.
Fosu-Mensah's loan spells at Palace and Fulham were indeed terrible. Absolute nightmare. I just can't see someone who hardly starts in bottom teams could earn a place at United.

RUCK4444

Thing is. We have an incredible record, the best in the country by a distance of producing premier league footballers.

Now I get your point that the majority aren’t good enough for the United starting 11, however we still have a very good turn out of youth products when you consider Rashford, Brandon Williams, McTominay, Lingard, Pogba (minus the sabbatical) - then we have Tuenzebe, Garner, Gomes on the fringes if the starting 11.

Amongst others.

The moment you start undoing that hard work you will see a massive negative impact.

Part of that United tradition is to make solid professionals even out of the players who may not make it here at their parent club.
SAF has said many times that it’s about helping to mould these young lads into good people and solid pro’s in the game, that’s part of the tradition and a kid who has the experience of playing at United has a good chance of being picked up by other clubs, I would say it buys them the credibility and then when you pair that with the character we’ve helped instil it puts them in good stead for a solid pro career.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Thing is. We have an incredible record, the best in the country by a distance of producing premier league footballers.

Now I get your point that the majority aren’t good enough for the United starting 11, however we still have a very good turn out of youth products when you consider Rashford, Brandon Williams, McTominay, Lingard, Pogba (minus the sabbatical) - then we have Tuenzebe, Garner, Gomes on the fringes if the starting 11.

Amongst others.

The moment you start undoing that hard work you will see a massive negative impact.

Part of that United tradition is to make solid professionals even out of the players who may not make it here at their parent club.
SAF has said many times that it’s about helping to mould these young lads into good people and solid pro’s in the game, that’s part of the tradition and a kid who has the experience of playing at United has a good chance of being picked up by other clubs, I would say it buys them the credibility and then when you pair that with the character we’ve helped instil it puts them in good stead for a solid pro career.
A good, cynical free, post.

SAFMUTD

Amongst others.

I agree with everything you said, I just dont think TFM is among the names you mentioned. My point is keep giving youngsters chances, if theyre good enough great, if theyre not just move on.

TFM is from Rashford generation, he's 22 you are including him with 18-19 year old players.

Ace of Spades

He has had only one major injury, he certainly is not a dud. He does not seem to have any attitude problems. The loans have not worked out for various reasons. The reason Depay and Janujaz were sold for little was their big wages. TFM won't be getting a big contract, and should fetch 10m as he is still young.

hmchan

Amongst others.

The United tradition was to loan youth players to smaller clubs. They would be given chances in the first team only if they had impressive performances at their respective loan clubs (e.g. Evans, Cleverley, Welbeck). Behind the good turnout of youth products you mentioned, there were plenty plenty plenty more failed products who never got a chance to play for us and were released unnoticed. Given Fosu-Mensah's terrible loan spells, he would have been long gone by that standard.

Making solid professionals is one thing, giving them chances in the first team is another. Shawcross, Heaton, Brady etc. are solid professionals in the league but they never made an official appearance for us, Michael Keane only had 1. This has nothing to do with credibility. Fosu-Mensah has already played more games than the sum of the 4 players mentioned above, so I'm not sure how many more chances he wants.

Tarrou

he's done alright when he's come in more recently

he's not the standard we need, but if he stays fit I think he'll be a decent player for someone

Best of luck to him

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
One of those people had huge hopes for when we signed him. Shame he hasn't fulfilled his potential. Wish him luck and hope he gets a decent club.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Good riddance.
That's him, Rojo, Romero and Ighalo all off ... cut the wage bill I guess.

Glad we've gone for some young talent recently and squad depth looks better than it has for years (in most positions), but now we need to go for a couple of top players. At least 2 out of CH, Def Mid, a winger and a 9

NinjaFletch

I wish him well, but I have to admit I saw this thread bumped and feared it was because we'd just announced a contract extension.

Happy that isn't the case.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I've never really rated what I've seen of him. Too rash at times.
What I do rate though, is United not just throwing contracts to anyone anymore.
That being said, taking a few mil for Romero in the Summer would have been better than paying his wages for a year to sit in Argentina

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
“good riddance?” What’s he done to deserve that?
No need for this is there?
He did his best but wasn't good enough. Hardly a crime.
Wish him all the best but it's been evident for a couple of years that he won't make it here. With all the talk of him being offered a new deal recently it's a relief to have the contrary confirmed. We've been rewarding mediocrity for way too long now.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He'll be a decent footballer somewhere. Best of luck Timothy, was nice having you at the club for a while!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Wish him all the best but it's been evident for a couple of years that he won't make it here. With all the talk of him being offered a new deal recently it's a relief to have the contrary confirmed. We've been rewarding mediocrity for way too long now.
I think people are reacting because "good riddance" indicates he's been a problem or a negative person to have at the club. All TFM has done is not live up to the lofty expectations, that's hardly a rarity or something to hold against him.

I'm of the opinion that players who tried but failed should be given a nice farewell and well wishes as long as they conducted themselves as decent human beings at the club.

tomaldinho1

I'm a fan of his, I still think he's got what it takes. Reckon he will have a top career elsewhere as a CB and wish him the best.