Thank you Ed Woodward

We signed 5 players, a superstar in Cavani, VDB was almost signed by Real, 2 young and exciting wingers, one of them the best in Italy and the other a super exciting one from South America and an attacking LB, Brazil international. 5 players. Just because we didn't sign Sancho, doesn't mean it means nothing. Signed, sealed and delivered.
We desperately need a quality centre back, so we sign a left back.
We chase Sancho for months in a totally amateur way, then, on deadline day sign a 33 year old out of contract striker.
We sign a kid from Atalanta who won't be here until January.
We have a massive squad filled with very highly paid mediocrities we can't get rid of.

Every transfer window is a shambles like this one.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Yes it will be common. The vast majority get sacked with a payoff - the payoff being party to clauses stopping them from talking about certain things or they would not receive it or have penalties in place.
lets hope ole is bold enough to forfeit the payoff

DancingPanda

Cavani doesn't get into our best eleven. Who does he start ahead of? We've signed VDB for when Pogba leaves? Pogba is still here and expected to sign a new contract. No big money move is coming in for him next summer.
It's not like Rashford, Martial or Greenwood are miles ahead of him. At the very least he offers something different and will get plenty of minutes

I'm disappointed that we didn't get Sancho, but all the in's has been reasonable buisness all things considred.

Reactions: langster

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

We watched Ed, and you delivered.

Thank you
Gracias
Merci
ты пизда
ابتعد واستقيل
你失敗了
Χρειαζόμαστε αμυντικό

Deery

Dreary
I know it’s a pisstake thread but we did sign some players that could be really exciting, that on top of the talent coming through the academy the next couple of years could prove very exciting and if Cavani comes good we’ll be laughing.

Denis79

Cavani doesn't get into our best eleven. Who does he start ahead of? We've signed VDB for when Pogba leaves? Pogba is still here and expected to sign a new contract. No big money move is coming in for him next summer.
Doesn't matter, he's our nr 7! My nr7 shall always play

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
No offence but can we not just have one thread for all the doom and gloom, it seems like every thread on the first page on the Man United forum is a negative thread about the club. Just keep it all in one place ffs.

Bojan11

How come when I post a troll thread it gets deleted, but when Elvis does it it's celebrated?

I bet if Elvis made "will you celebrate if Cavani scores" he'd be promoted to chief administrator!
Glad you admit that you are a troll.

Been a long time coming, but glad you finally told us.

Greck

Unpopular but this window is better than last summer's window. 145m on Maguire, AWB and James should have been broken down into 4 cheaper players then the funds saved should have gone on Sancho this summer. People won't admit it but the manager hamstrung himself with that first summer window's careless spending. We now supposedly need a new CB months after buying one 80m. By december we'll be in need of a new right back

Denis79

No offence but can we not just have one thread for all the doom and gloom, it seems like every thread on the first page on the Man United forum is a negative thread about the club. Just keep it all in one place ffs.
Isn't it easier if the 3 or 4 fans that are happy start their own thread?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

We watched Ed, and you delivered.

Thank you
Gracias
Merci
ты пизда
ابتعد واستقيل
你失敗了
Χρειαζόμαστε αμυντικό
I'm going to get this as a poster to put above my bed. Always wanted a motivational quote to look at when I wake up

Eddy_JukeZ

I think if we made these signings early on, this window would leave a better taste in people's mouths.

El-Manos

I'd just like to highlight we've spent 110m Euro for 4 players that none of which are expected to be in our strongest eleven:

VDB - 40m Euro
Telles - 20m Euro
Amad - 40m Euro
Cavani - 10m Euro agent fees?

For those who suggested Utd had no money to spend, we've just spent close to the fee required for Sancho to walk into our starting line up.

Would you swap Sancho for the 4 signings we've made?
Yes. Only Telles is a must from that list

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
What time are we meeting at Ed's and who's bringing the fireworks this time?

Chief123

What time are we meeting at Ed's and who's bringing the fireworks this time?
I'm looking forward to going to celebrate at Ed's house.

I knew deadline day was going to be a shit show as soon as I saw Woodward had stepped up security around his house a couple of days ago. :lol:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Which would be great if we had a well established starting XI.
I don’t mind waiting for Sancho. However we should have realised far earlier we couldn’t afford him this year and tapped up Upemecano. What we’ve done plus a CB would have been a very good window. Now with the way we’ve gone about it the perception is it’s been a disaster when in reality we’ve added 3 good players to a very young squad which lost 1 game in their final 14 last season.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He did well this window in terms of signing youth and prospects for the future, but actually strengthening the first team has been pretty bad.

I'm sure he's feeling like he's absolutely nailed it, and is sitting down sipping on a fine cognac as we speak.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Trying to figure out whether you are joking of not. Cavani is a panic buy. Traore is a january signing (btw, no idea who Traore is. Just read somewhere that he only played 25 minutes in Serie A). Telles is good, but not sure he is world class.

Seriously, what should we thank woodward for? We should have completed signing our main targets in September. Not panic buy some players on deadline day!!!
Excellent post. I've just added you to the expedited promotion list, which is more important than any other list. Keep up the great work.