Thank you Ed Woodward

Okey

Yeah thanks Ed. For having the longest transfer window ever and somehow managing to turn it to a deadline day scramble for players that were mostly not on the list of options at the start of the window. Yeah, thanks indeed.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
We're definitely challenging for the title this year or Ole out!

#CR7

Unpopular but this window is better than last summer's window. 145m on Maguire, AWB and James should have been broken down into 4 cheaper players then the funds saved should have gone on Sancho this summer. People won't admit it but the manager hamstrung himself with that first summer window's careless spending. We now supposedly need a new CB months after buying one 80m. By december we'll be in need of a new right back
Completely agree. I don't understand how Ole can expect the club to spend another £100m+ on a single player when he hasn't even shown his ability to improve our signings from last summer yet.

I'm definitely not a supporter of Woodward/Glazers but I have no sympathy for Ole if his solution is spending out of his arse to get us back to the top.

The transfer window has obviously been a mess and the signings have been panicked but I think we have managed to find some reasonable value in the end (apart from Cavani).

thomas porter

Got a lot of stick but ultimately we have strengthened the squad with some exciting talents. We continue to invest record sums of money in our team and I’m excited with where we are headed. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and we’ve taken a mighty large step today.
I'm not sure what to say about this post BUT its beyond optimistic to borderline delusional.

We've signed two genuine first team talents in DVB and Telles, one past it and not fit striker, and 2 totally unproven wingers. 4 of those 5 players were signed today. Its very difficult to put a spin on that when you compare our window to where we want to be, City & Liverpool, or our more immediate rivals Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, and Everton.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Personally, I think Woodward deserves a raise as I worry we won't be able to prevent the other European giants from poaching him. Even by his standards this is very solid work.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's astounding how awful he's at his job.
Well, you don't reach those heights overnight. It took years and years of practice, as well as significant support from the club.

The really exciting thing is that at 48 years old he might only just be entering his peak years. Excited to see what he does next.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Easiest man to blame. Logically though probably not the right choice. In fact, I have no doubt that it's not actually him. He's just the face of the club and bears the brunt of all the shit.

IMO the Glazers set a number for Sancho and said get a deal for that price or walk away. Woodward in reality is always fighting a losing battle in that regard.

I'd feel sorry for the guy but he gets paid very fecking well to put up with it all so...

MuFc_1992

Well, you don't reach those heights overnight. It took years and years of practice, as well as significant support from the club.

The really exciting thing is that at 48 years old he might only just be entering his peak years. Excited to see what he does next.
He's definitely at the top of his game at the moment. To follow Sanchez with Ighalo and now Cavani, that's equivalent of what Dortmund do with their squad building but in reverse...

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Got a lot of stick but ultimately we have strengthened the squad with some exciting talents. We continue to invest record sums of money in our team and I’m excited with where we are headed. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and we’ve taken a mighty large step today.
No white text?????

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I thought the E was for Elvis, I am convinced it is Ed.
Am I doing this right?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No one has thanked the Judge yet? Its disgusting

Last edited:

OneUnited24

Completely agree. I don't understand how Ole can expect the club to spend another £100m+ on a single player when he hasn't even shown his ability to improve our signings from last summer yet.
What are you on? Maguire and AWB improved as the season went on. They’ve started this season badly but he has improved players. This place...

RedCurry

Remember his words - we can do things in transfer market that others can only dream of. Man of his words is our Woody.

mav_9me

Easiest man to blame. Logically though probably not the right choice. In fact, I have no doubt that it's not actually him. He's just the face of the club and bears the brunt of all the shit.

IMO the Glazers set a number for Sancho and said get a deal for that price or walk away. Woodward in reality is always fighting a losing battle in that regard.

I'd feel sorry for the guy but he gets paid very fecking well to put up with it all so...
Sure but what would a competent person do? Have a valid alternate plan to strengthen the first team whether its another RW or get a CB or DM.

#glazersoutwoodwardout

TheRedHearted

Amen, when the dust has settled at the matches start coming thick and fast it’s going to become clear that this window was a success. Martial is out for 3 games and we have a world class proven striker to slot straight in.
wouldn't we have been better off with the signings a couple weeks ago? before the palace game at least

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I made a thread about the glazers/Woodward appreciation thread a few months ago that got locked. I agree with the first poster. They have strengthened the depth of the team with budgeted, shrewd acquisition. Most fans want galacticos signing every summer, but in the real world, the leaders at the top of United need to be financial responsible when buying players.

croadyman

I made a thread about the glazers/Woodward appreciation thread a few months ago that got locked. I agree with the first poster. They have strengthened the depth of the team with budgeted, shrewd acquisition. Most fans want galacticos signing every summer, but in the real world, the leaders at the top of United need to be financial responsible when buying players.
Please tell me you don't think our current transfer setup is acceptable because this is three poor windows now with Woody responsible

LoneStar

Yes. Thanks Ed. At least I am not in peace that we won’t make top 4. No hope at all, total calmness.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
wouldn't we have been better off with the signings a couple weeks ago? before the palace game at least
I mean it’s not as if cavani has been a free agent for the last 7 months, fantastic awareness waiting 7 whole months for a free agent only to scramble and sign him on deadline day.

Thank you Mr Edward Woodward.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not a perfect window but I'm kind of ok with the incomings. Strengthened some of the areas that needed immediate help in center forward, creative midfield and left back, bought a couple of promising youngsters for the right wing which fit the profile of players the club usually has had success previously.

For all the clamour about the defense, I think it'll be ok once AWB gains full match sharpness and Maguire pulls his gigantic head out of his arse.

Also Romero and his wife seem to have short memories. LvG picked him up on a free from AZ when he had no real offers and made a career for him in England. If he has to carry some water bottles until January, he can damn well do that at the wages he's at here.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If you take in account the bigger picture then this is a decent transfer window. Cavani is probably useless at his age/condition but the rest are decent. We bought Telles whose a great LB, VDB is in my opinion more suited to United then Pogba is and Traore/Pellistri are very promising wingers. Thanks to Telles we can move Williams on RB, Thanks to VDB we can now rest Bruno/Pogba while its very possible for Traore/Pellestri to one day make the RW theirs pushing Greenwood upfront alongside McNeill and Martial.

Unfortunately I feel that we didn't help Ole survive this season. Our CBs are terrible, we haven't added a RW to compete/rest Greenwood and as said Cavani will probably be useless. A better manager might make it work. After all Sir Alex won titles with Cleverley in midfield and Fletcher alternating with young Ronaldo at RW. We know Ole is not the kind. He'd rather run the first team to the ground then trust players that he think they aren't good enough.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Sure but what would a competent person do? Have a valid alternate plan to strengthen the first team whether its another RW or get a CB or DM.

#glazersoutwoodwardout
Who says that's actually his job either? He's so obviously not a football guy, I'm pretty sure like negotiations this will also be overseen by someone else. All im saying is there are an awful lot of misconceptions about what he actually does at the club on a day to day basis.

Nickelodeon

Don't think he can be any worse if tried. Its not that we don't spend money, we spend it callously and wastefully which makes us an easy target for any other club. Our scattergun approach ensures that random players will continue to get linked with us. Other clubs would jack up prices for us given our laughable negotiation strategy and the panic that ensues. Even from a Glazers perspective, the money that is spent can be done in a much more efficient and productive manner with a much more positive vibe around the club. I'm stunned what a person has to do to get fired from their jobs. We give managers more time than they deserve and we've already given Ed 6 more years than he deserved.

Water Melon

We will see how it all works out, hopefully well. Nevertheless. I am really doubtful about our chances of getting in top 4.

Samrat Mazumdar

Ed Woodward has ensured that his KRA's are always met or exceeded- save money for the Glazers, get new commercial contracts, keep the fans guessing, show up in camouflage on the caf at times

Denis79

I agree with Mozart here. I think our transfer strategy is underrated by many fans. We are trying to build something that will last a long time. With the aquisition of Cavani we have it confirmed that Greenwood is a right winger and all the 'play him as a striker' nonsense can now stop. All this crying about buying a RW is just over the top, we don't even use that wing when we attack anyways, so why spend there?

We also strengthened the weakest position in our defence, hopefully Telles can displace Shaw soon so we get back some calm and stability in our defence.

All those fans picking up pitchforks against the Glazers need to take a step back and calm down. That Woodward is allowed to spend funds that could potentially be used for dividends proves they care for the club.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I agree with Mozart here. I think our transfer strategy is underrated by many fans. We are trying to build something that will last a long time. With the aquisition of Cavani we have it confirmed that Greenwood is a right winger and all the 'play him as a striker' nonsense can now stop. All this crying about buying a RW is just over the top, we don't even use that wing when we attack anyways, so why spend there?

We also strengthened the weakest position in our defence, hopefully Telles can displace Shaw soon so we get back some calm and stability in our defence.

All those fans picking up pitchforks against the Glazers need to take a step back and calm down. That Woodward is allowed to spend funds that could potentially be used for dividends proves they care for the club.
I take it this is all sarcasm?

#CR7

What are you on? Maguire and AWB improved as the season went on. They’ve started this season badly but he has improved players. This place...
Apart from AWB putting a couple of crosses in how exactly has he improved them?

Sing you a song

Please tell me you don't think our current transfer setup is acceptable because this is three poor windows now with Woody responsible
Totally agree
Ighalo last window was total panic as is Cavani this time with the lockdown and then longest window ever we have had all the time in the world to get this one right and once again we are flailing around in the final hours
Embarrassing

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We are in the top five in spending in world football post Sir Alex. Yet, we aren’t putting in result that matches that. Our current transfer set up is acceptable(The last one where we would sign galacticos and give huge wages were not). Fans has short memory, but I feel bad for woodward in that, he gave lots of money to the wrong managers.

Chief123

Has anyone seen this video? He basically slated Utd without violating any rules. Then the video was removed by YouTube due to complaints from Utd apparently!! They’ve now reinstated the video after complaints of it getting removed.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Has anyone seen this video? He basically slated Utd without violating any rules. Then the video was removed by YouTube due to complaints from Utd apparently!! They’ve now reinstated the video after complaints of it getting removed.

Too much waffling on about a shirt number. Michael Fecking Owen wore it.