Thank you Ed Woodward

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I know this is a WUM but in a serious note, Ed should be an inspiration to us all...

We can only dream off earning so much money by doing so little.

Devil may care

He’s probably going to be selling them at half of MSRP the dumb gerbil looking twat.
Oh yeah, he'll put a 'best offer' option on them and when someone offers £600 he'll say "You're not getting one over on me, £300 and not a penny less!"

predator

Youth NITK
If it clicks and we start getting results then Sancho will be forgotten. If we don't then sanchos name will be mentioned after every non win and woodward will be vilified.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out. I hope we start playing well and it all goes well for the team and for Ole.

I can't stand woody but I'm tired of moaning at this point.

James Peril

We saw 100% genuine versions of this thread in the Summer of 2014, 2015 and 2016 so maybe now everyone thinks we’ve had a shite window it will turn out okay. We have genuinely added some exciting talents.
We have genuinely not strengthened a team that was already 33 points behind the winner last season. Exciting talents? Are we fecking Ajax? We need great players to win the Premier League and CL tomorrow, not in 2028.

spiriticon

I'd just like to highlight we've spent 110m Euro for 4 players that none of which are expected to be in our strongest eleven:

VDB - 40m Euro
Telles - 20m Euro
Amad - 40m Euro
Cavani - 10m Euro agent fees?

For those who suggested Utd had no money to spend, we've just spent close to the fee required for Sancho to walk into our starting line up.

Would you swap Sancho for the 4 signings we've made?
We're scraping the barrel here a bit by including agents fees.

I mean if we include Sancho's agent fees how much would that be?

united for life

Got a lot of stick but ultimately we have strengthened the squad with some exciting talents. We continue to invest record sums of money in our team and I’m excited with where we are headed. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and we’ve taken a mighty large step today.
Trying to figure out whether you are joking of not. Cavani is a panic buy. Traore is a january signing (btw, no idea who Traore is. Just read somewhere that he only played 25 minutes in Serie A). Telles is good, but not sure he is world class.

Seriously, what should we thank woodward for? We should have completed signing our main targets in September. Not panic buy some players on deadline day!!!

Suv666

Woodward what a legend. United really is the adult Disneyland.

It really was a decent window this, shame about the RW but Telles and Cavani are great acquisitions at a very low price

K_Ash

I am pretty sure MASON G is saying "THANK YOU, Ed for keeping me as the starting RW of the team".."I am too good to be coming off the bench"

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Trying to figure out whether you are joking of not. Cavani is a panic buy. Traore is a january signing (btw, no idea who Traore is. Just read somewhere that he only played 25 minutes in Serie A). Telles is good, but not sure he is world class.

Seriously, what should we thank woodward for? We should have completed signing our main targets in September. Not panic buy some players on deadline day!!!
I’ve just added you to the not for promotion list. Don’t threat me

ArjenIsM3

Not just agent fees. It's also including add ons (Diallo is 20+21 iirc, VDB is 39+1, Telles is 15+5, all euros).

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Got a lot of stick but ultimately we have strengthened the squad with some exciting talents. We continue to invest record sums of money in our team and I’m excited with where we are headed. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and we’ve taken a mighty large step today.
I personally wanted us to re-sign Ryan Tunnicliffe, so not happy at all.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Nah, best one was Ole sexist remarks.
How come when I post a troll thread it gets deleted, but when Elvis does it it's celebrated?

I bet if Elvis made "will you celebrate if Cavani scores" he'd be promoted to chief administrator!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

They're also including add-ons for Diallo, which obviously won't be triggered for a few years.

Josep Dowling

I'd just like to highlight we've spent 110m Euro for 4 players that none of which are expected to be in our strongest eleven:

VDB - 40m Euro
Telles - 20m Euro
Amad - 40m Euro
Cavani - 10m Euro agent fees?

For those who suggested Utd had no money to spend, we've just spent close to the fee required for Sancho to walk into our starting line up.

Would you swap Sancho for the 4 signings we've made?
Couldn’t agree more. The only signing that we needed was Telles. I would have taken a striker but not a mercenary like Cavani.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We have genuinely not strengthened a team that was already 33 points behind the winner last season. Exciting talents? Are we fecking Ajax? We need great players to win the Premier League and CL tomorrow, not in 2028.
I hate to break it to you but the PL and CL don't finish tomorrow, usually they finish around May.

Chief123

Cavani and Telles will be regular starters. And VDB too when Pogba leaves.
Cavani doesn't get into our best eleven. Who does he start ahead of? We've signed VDB for when Pogba leaves? Pogba is still here and expected to sign a new contract. No big money move is coming in for him next summer.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Probably worthy of a new thread but will put it here:

What kind of clauses do the managers have in their contracts to stop them speaking out against the club once they leave? Even sir Alec never said anything!

There must be something in there that would cost them literally millions.

pascell

Did you lose a bet?

izec

This is sacrcasm, right?
We signed 5 players, a superstar in Cavani, VDB was almost signed by Real, 2 young and exciting wingers, one of them the best in Italy and the other a super exciting one from South America and an attacking LB, Brazil international. 5 players. Just because we didn't sign Sancho, doesn't mean it means nothing. Signed, sealed and delivered.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Probably worthy of a new thread but will put it here:

What kind of clauses do the managers have in their contracts to stop them speaking out against the club once they leave? Even sir Alec never said anything!

There must be something in there that would cost them literally millions.
Yes it will be common. The vast majority get sacked with a payoff - the payoff being party to clauses stopping them from talking about certain things or they would not receive it or have penalties in place.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
We signed 5 players, a superstar in Cavani, VDB was almost signed by Real, 2 young and exciting wingers, one of them the best in Italy and the other a super exciting one from South America and an attacking LB, Brazil international. 5 players. Just because we didn't sign Sancho, doesn't mean it means nothing. Signed, sealed and delivered.
Great post

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Told you it would be a big day today.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We bought two exciting youngsters and truck load of them for academy.

Treble winners in 2026

Chief123

Cavani a superstar? My gosh. You do realise this guy hasn't played for 7 months and scored 7 goals last season. He was a great player, but absolutely no longer a super star.