Thank you Jesse

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue

Scored some cracking goals and regularly turned up in big games.

Scored at Wembley several times including winners (Fa Cup, League cup, Community Shield)

Always worked hard on the pitch.

I'll believe this gossip about 'bad attitude' and 'leaking' when it's actually been confirmed and not just the fantasies of supporters.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I nominate this for the worst thread of the year.

Trequartistry

Scored at Wembley several times including winners (Fa Cup, League cup, Community Shield)

I'll believe this gossip about 'bad attitude' and 'leaking' when it's actually been confirmed and not just the fantasies of supporters.
Agreed, a casual conversation with Scholes where Lingard told him what absolutely everyone knows has now led everyone to be certain Lingard is behind all leaks?

Tiber

Pretty short video, 35 goals in a decade. But atleast we will always have his goal in the community shield!

Fooza

Poor Woodward, didn't get a thank you thread too

Keefy18

Agreed, a casual conversation with Scholes where Lingard told him what absolutely everyone knows has now led everyone to be certain Lingard is behind all leaks?
He's been a colossal c*ck womble for years!

He was a prized prat on his summer holidays in the US with the club warning him over his immature behavior. He routinely posted photos of his time at West Ham! He is always seen on social media being a tool around his work place, more recently confirmed as a leak and most importantly his form for the vast majority simply hasn't been good enough, color me shocked.

Last edited:

Keefy18

I nominate this for the worst thread of the year.

Agreed!

The soppy sentimental crap over these Mata, Pogba and Jesse leaving is absolutely pathetic! Our supporters need a slap!

Classical Mechanic

Good post.

Withnail

His highlight reel is very small. He'll be remembered more for his embarrassing antics. A big time Charlie and calling his awful celebration 'iconic' in an effort to shift some crap merch was beyond parody. He won't be missed.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Only thing I have to say is that for a rather limited player he made a good career for himself including some great Wembley memories.

fps

I'd also like to thank Jesse for leaving.

Withnail

Nah sod him and his soppy Dear Diary entries.

He was a club record signing and amounted to little more than a poor bit part player.
At this risk of derailing this thread (does anyone care?) I think he could have had a better second half of his career if he went to a club that needed him and knew how to use him to be honest. We didn't need a 10 at the time and none of our managers seemed to know what to do with him. He really should have been sold years ago.

ryansgirl

I`ll happily second the title and first post of this thread. Jesse Lingard has been proud to play for Manchester United, he came through the ranks, he scored some cracking and vital goals including in cup finals and he wanted nothing more than to be part of a productive United squad and win with the club.

The fact that ex players like Paul Scholes have always rated him should tell you something. Ex-managers spoke highly of his work ethic on and off the pitch.
Thank you Jesse and there are those of us who wish you the very best of personal and professional success.

Jesse Lingard is a Red.

dove

Thank you Jesse for not scamming us into another contract extension.

Keefy18

At this risk of derailing this thread (does anyone care?) I think he could have had a better second half of his career if he went to a club that needed him and knew how to use him to be honest. We didn't need a 10 at the time and none of our managers seemed to know what to do with him. He really should have been sold years ago.
Agreed on all that, I think he signed in the hope he'd be Rooney's replacement.

Jose and Pogba came along and I think he just fell down the ranks. He should of left years ago but was happy to sit back, keep quiet and take the money. He wasted his last few years in the game in reality and just faffed about doing charity work and dear diary entries.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Showed up for a few finals but acted like an absolute wanker in his last 18 months or so.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Oh feck off. When you are playing for United, you don't put a picture in a Westham jersey.

Shows everything what's wrong with him. He can feck off. No sentiments from me.

el3mel

Thank him on your own. I'm not thanking anyone.

He has literally one good season during his entire period here.

L1nk

"Jesse Lingard is a red" tells you all you need to know about the current state of the teams position

Clinging onto players who are nowhere near good enough for one reason or another, 165 appearences in the league by itself and has 29 goals and 14 assists. By comparison Bruno already has 36 goals and 29 assists in 87 appearences.

Can we please get over this academy lad sentimentality crap that holds us back. Yes, players who come through the academy should get special treatment to some degree, but only if they are actually good enough, this Beans prat has never been good enough and i'm absolutely delighted he has left the club

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Hope he goes on to have a great career.

Also hope his clothing line takes off and he becomes the next Versace.

JLingz: The brightest light, casts the darkest shadow.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
"Jesse Lingard is a red" tells you all you need to know about the current state of the teams position
:lol:

So true.

Thanks for the years Jesse. Sorry we wasted a few of them.

Keefy18

Clinging onto players who are nowhere near good enough for one reason or another, 165 appearences in the league by itself and has 29 goals and 14 assists. By comparison Bruno already has 36 goals and 29 assists in 87 appearences.

Can we please get over this academy lad sentimentality crap that holds us back. Yes, players who come through the academy should get special treatment to some degree, but only if they are actually good enough, this Beans prat has never been good enough and i'm absolutely delighted he has left the club
100% This!!

Mind boggling.

Honestly think this thread should be closed, it screams of trolling.

Once a red me arse!!

AFC NimbleThumb

Good thread. Disappointing to see it ended like this.

3 goals at Wembley, forever got my respect for that.

jackal&hyde

Ignoring the hearsay of a traitor in the squad, he was poor over a 10 year career at Manchester United. Such players would normally not get a 3ed season at the club let alone a 10 year thank you. Not against Jessi but about the club for keeping such players for so long.

Given what he has won from the club and what he delivered, he deserves no such thread.

SirAnderson

Honestly, I can't believe we let this young prospect go on a free. Despite not having the best of times with us, I feel we will regret it a few years down the line when we have to buy him back like Pogba, but for much much more money.

Conor

Remember when Nilsson used to be a good poster?

Tiber

Tributes to players for memorable goals in the league cup and community shield honestly just shows how far we have fallen.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
fecking shite he was

The Original

He's been a colossal c*ck womble for years!

He was a prized prat on his summer holidays in the US with the club warning him over his immature behavior. He routinely posted photos of his time at West Ham! He is always seen on social media being a tool around his work place, more recently confirmed as a leak and most importantly his form for the vast majority simply hasn't been good enough, color me shocked.
None of those are things for fans to hold against him. He always tried hard and he did deliver in certain key moments.