Thank you Jesse

Ted Lasso

What do you think was his potential?

I think he made good use of his talent, played for top club in PL for many years, played very important role in 2 cup wins and scored some fantastic goals. I don't think many thought he will be the key player in big clubs, more like a squad player. He was a squad player and he didn't want to be that anymore, can't blame him for that as he is easily good enough starter for most PL clubs.

Also the attitude thing is very simple, results are good - Everyone's attitude is awesome. Results are bad then it's a rotten squad with terrible attitude. It's so simplified by fans.
To level set: A young player like Foden seems to have an incredibly high ceiling that perhaps could see him become one of City's greats. Never considered Jesse at that level. But I did expect him to become a consistent and impactful feature in the Manchester United for more time than he was.

He has the technique, the pace and just like Sir Alex predicted finally the physique. In a fully functioning squad he would have many more special moments like the FA Cup final. That to me is one of those intangible assets that not many players have - the clutch factor. Jesse has that but it's tucked deep deep away and behind all the bling , family problems and not helped by the type of peers around.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

All the best to him, no bad feelings in any way. A club like Manchester United always was one or two levels too high for him and so he never became really happy. He needs to go to a mid table club or to a top club in a smaller league and enjoy football and life - even if that means a bit less money.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I felt bad for him until I saw him post a video recently driving around in a Rolls Royce looking happy as larry.

I think he will be ok lads. Maybe he should have tried harder while he was here.

GazTheLegend

He went to West Ham and was banging them in. He even scored the winner v West Ham early in the season. I'm definitely glad to see the back of him but compared to Lvg and Mourinho he was not used well imo by Solskjaer.
As said he was a number 10 for Manchester United and spent an entire calendar year without scoring a goal or registering an assist. That's an absolutely disgusting statistic. You'd have a case for Mata being underused as a number 10 for us given the various other things he offers (dead ball delivery and a genuine goal threat when he played there) but Lingard had his time for us, he was crap, and I watched the end of his West ham tenure out of interest and there were signs he was slipping back to his old form even there. Nice lad - crap player

AFC NimbleThumb

Christ, you again.

If you’re going to quote people, get it right. I’ve no objection to bling as such ….just don’t flaunt it.

You latched onto my original comment “thank you for feck all“ like a fly around shit. All because in your opinion he scored important goals at Wembley, which I can understand, indeed he scored some good goals but his overall stats are piss poor.

What’s worse imo, Lingard was actually one of Utd’s more gifted players, pity he wasted it.
All that to say, you can’t reference anything from the ‘so many’ people you claim have bad things to say about him.

You made a comment on a public forum & were challenged on it, don’t act surprised when it’s your nonsense that began this. Your post amounts to ‘thank you for feck all’, what else should I concentrate on. This isn’t about a few goals at Wembley or his stats being poor, why make the ‘feck all’ statement in the first place when it’s simply false.

Disappointment in how a players career turned out isn’t excuse for perpetuating false narratives. Multiple people made similar one liners in here, I’m not saying he’s a great, legend or covered himself in glory in the last couple seasons but as a United fan you’d have celebrated moments he played key roles in. Fans shouldn’t ask for players to respect the club/fans when they do the exact opposite in return.

If we’re writing off cup finals goals [he did more than that btw] I’ve a few more United players you can write off. He didn’t live up to the hopes but he’s gone now, surely we should be more concerned with the midfielders we have left that struggle to make 10 yard passes consistently & have never done anything noteworthy in ‘big’ games.

I'm a beautiful thing

He was an OK player but not really consistent enough for me,18 months without a goal or assist is pretty damning.
All the off pitch stuff didn't really bother me ,however if he had performed better nobody would care about it.

Wilt

All that to say, you can’t reference anything from the ‘so many’ people you claim have bad things to say about him.

You made a comment on a public forum & were challenged on it, don’t act surprised when it’s your nonsense that began this. Your post amounts to ‘thank you for feck all’, what else should I concentrate on. This isn’t about a few goals at Wembley or his stats being poor, why make the ‘feck all’ statement in the first place when it’s simply false.

Disappointment in how a players career turned out isn’t excuse for perpetuating false narratives. Multiple people made similar one liners in here, I’m not saying he’s a great, legend or covered himself in glory in the last couple seasons but as a United fan you’d have celebrated moments he played key roles in. Fans shouldn’t ask for players to respect the club/fans when they do the exact opposite in return.

If we’re writing off cup finals goals [he did more than that btw] I’ve a few more United players you can write off. He didn’t live up to the hopes but he’s gone now, surely we should be more concerned with the midfielders we have left that struggle to make 10 yard passes consistently & have never done anything noteworthy in ‘big’ games.
Yet again you misquote me I said “regarded by many”.

Regards Lingard, I really couldn’t give a shite about him, rarely did I ever think about him when considering the squad ….in fact he was more of an afterthought, if at all.

Of course I’ve celebrated past victories, but I tend to celebrate the team rather than individuals (unless that individual is a player I particularly admire)

Lingards attitude in recent months just about sum him up and I have no regrets.

As you say he’s gone now, time to move on.

AFC NimbleThumb

Yet again you misquote me I said “regarded by many”.
:lol:

many. . . so many, ok. Do you care to enlighten us as to anybody who has regarded him as. . . & I quote. . .
a poisonous man child
We can play semantics if you like, I’m all for it but we could of course stay on topic.

Acknowledging Lingard did more than ‘feck all’ isn’t shunning the team for the individual though is it, or are you saying that you can’t do both. For someone so worried about being misquoted you’re displaying a unique amount of mental gymnastics yourself. This has to be one of the most blatant displays of disingenuous debate I’ve seen on the forum.

We’ve gone back then forth moving further & further from your initial post. You’re now extrapolating ‘his attitude in recent months’ to him doing ‘feck all’ which is ridiculous. You could of course walk away from the false narrative instead of subverting this discussion further, the fact you won’t undermines the solid points you’ve made aside the initial comment. You can be disappointed yet still acknowledge the contributions.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Take away Lingard's academy background with us, his departure will be very similar to Origi's at Liverpool: was pretty much a squad player throughout a long period with the club, scored in finals to be remembered, won't be missed by the majority of the fanbase.

Marcus

I think he may be a bad influence on Rashford. If anything, him being much further away will hopefully let Rashford focus on improving on the football pitch.

Paul778

Very much a case of "don't know what you've got til it's gone". He will make a living elsewhere but he's had plenty of opportunities on the field this season. If he'd even managed 6/10 performances he'd have had a lot more. Alas, they were mainly 2/10 and clearly that low due to lack of effort.

He's been at United for way too long. I blame Ole for that since he coached him as a youngster here.

The last two seasons he has really taken the piss. Jogging around when coming on with 20 mins left and we need to change the game.

Last edited:

Pickle85

Comes across as a childish bellend and a big time Charlie. Won't be missed in the slightest by me - bang average yet got paid at a level totally out of whack with his ability. Scored a couple of important goals but achieved very little else.

honirelandboy

More interested in JLINGZ than his football career. At least Pogba is out of the club now as well and hopefully Martial as well. Maguire seems to have the same personality, get him the feck out as well.

All Toxic wannabees who think there better than they are.

Code-CX

He was one of my least favorite United players post SAF. I just couldn't tolerate his mediocrity on the pitch coupled with this attitude of thinking he's leagues better than he is.

Still, all the best for the future. I hope he can turn a new leaf at his new club.