Thank you very much Leicester City

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
For one of the... if not

Biggest transfer robbery of all time..

That blunder of a header to de Gea was the start of the collapse against Spurs. 1-1

Kane, got all the space he wanted for that pass which should have never left his foot with Maguire in front of him.. 2-1

Team totally demoralized after that.. frustration Martial.. silly red card..

Done and dusted after that.

6 year contract..
80 milion pounds..

Last edited:

BlueHaze

Thank the owners for coming back a year later and getting him for £20m more than what we would have gotten him for when Jose wanted him.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

They did great.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
I was shot down on here not too long ago for saying that Soyuncu might be the better player :D

.....Though not that he's been in particularly fine form recently either... :nervous:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
That just expedited the collapse. Have you watched us this season? Brighton was suppose to trash us 7-1, crystal palace beat us 3-1, and now Spurs is giving us the worst beating I have seen in awhile. Even without that error, we would have still collapsed. Spurs seems much better coached even before the red card.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was pretty good last season.

Been terrible so far in this one.

But 80 million is a joke fee for him. I never saw anything more than a "good" CB in him and he's been just that.

RashyForPM

I was shot down on here not too long ago for saying that Soyuncu might be the better player :D

.....Though not that he's been in particularly fine form recently either... :nervous:
He was dreadful against West Ham but I’ve agreed with you since his debut in that 0-0 vs Wolves.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

He is not the better player - you were right to be shot down.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Haha. He's not bad, he needs to be surrounded by quality players though. And he's worth maybe 40m max.

littleman

Just strip little Maggy of the captaincy and give it to Bruno. No more of this rubbish workman peacocking, let’s do better

Let Maggy boy fit into the team as he’s supposed to, a small cog.

Jacob

Sunk cost, it's what we do now that counts. Don't treat him like a 80m player. He should be targeted for replacement like anybody else.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Thank you very much to the people who briefed the press we weren't ever going to buy him for 60 million, and then went on to buy him for 80 million a year later.

Art

Art the artist
The one transfer that will hurt us for years to come because of his nationality and the media narrative spewing the "finding the right partner for Maguire" when really Maguire is the first one that needs binning. Absolute joke of a defender for that money.

lilcurt

Ocean liner.

Worst captain in our recent history. Won't get dropped, will make a token "sorry, wasn't good enough tweet" this evening.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s deeper than that. We take good players and turn them into shit. If we sold him to Spurs, Jose would get a tune out of him. It’s us that’s the problem.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It’s deeper than that. We take good players and turn them into shit. If we sold him to Spurs, Jose would get a tune out of him. It’s us that’s the problem.
Bit of both. He's not as good as the song and dance about him implied (and that 80m) and yes, our coaching and running of the club is atrocious.

Red Star One

Well who would’ve thought that paying double the price just because some player is English is not the most successful business model.

He’s far from our biggest problems, but he was never worth the money we paid and to make him our captain so early was an embarrassment not worthy of this club.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
That just expedited the collapse. Have you watched us this season? Brighton was suppose to trash us 7-1, crystal palace beat us 3-1, and now Spurs is giving us the worst beating I have seen in awhile. Even without that error, we would have still collapsed. Spurs seems much better coached even before the red card.
This.

Pav1878

Mate those of us who dared say Maguire was shite and overrated were shot at. I don't see anyone saying he is a leader etc now.

Where have all those fans gone?

Idxomer

I was very happy when we dodged him in Mourinho's 3rd season, still can't believe we went and dropped 80m on him a year later.

James Peril

He was pretty good last season.

Been terrible so far in this one.

But 80 million is a joke fee for him. I never saw anything more than a "good" CB in him and he's been just that.
He was decent because his many, many small errors didn’t lead to goals at the back. Now they have. Playing with fire etc, the guy is absolutely average and belongs at a smaller club that loves to defend set-pieces.

Zoo

He’s just out of form after Mykonos. Hopefully not long term

Robbie Boy

Also thanks for imploding last season and masking over our managers terribly obvious shortcomings.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
We should’ve used the money on Upamecano and Sancho. But here we are..

Harry ’Mr.Mykonos’ Maguire

amolbhatia50k

He was decent because his many, many small errors didn’t lead to goals at the back. Now they have. Playing with fire etc, the guy is absolutely average and belongs at a smaller club that loves to defend set-pieces.
He's a good CB. But more someone you spend 40 million on. We spunked money we could have used to buy elite players on someone merely good. Baffling decision making. I don't know anyone who felt this chap was a top top CB

amolbhatia50k

Also thanks for imploding last season and masking over our managers terribly obvious shortcomings.
:lol: It's true. Leicester saved Ole who is obviously will eventually prove to not be good enough but gets much more time due to last season's events.

Based Adnan

He is absolutely awful. We got robbed big time. Needs dropping but he won't because he cost so much and got the captaincy for some reason.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
IMO he's not really any better than Sakho at Palace. He does good things sometimes but there's always a mistake or lack of concentration just around the corner

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I can't remember but was there any competition for his signature ? Still can't understand how you got not only forced to pay that much but also to pay a big chunk in cash. You'd think you were trying to get Sergio Ramos out of Madrid, it's ridiculous. You still managed to have good defensive numbers with the multiples mistakes him, AWB and Lindelof made.
It's weird you have not signed an average to good CB cover with those first signs showing last season on top of Smalling doing everything he can to get out of Manchester. :confused:

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
I can't remember but was there any competition for his signature ? Still can't understand how you got not only forced to pay that much but also to pay a big chunk in cash. You'd think you were trying to get Sergio Ramos out of Madrid, it's ridiculous. You still managed to have good defensive numbers with the multiples mistakes him, AWB and Lindelof made.
It's weird you have not signed an average to good CB cover with those first signs showing last season on top of Smalling doing everything he can to get out of Manchester. :confused:
The rumour was City also interested but only willing to pay 60-70M.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Do you really think our current coaching staff would get anything good out of Sancho?

Maguire arrived here with a big reputation, started well, turned to shit. See also: all our other recent signings. We’ll end up sucking the love of football out of Bruno before long too.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Do you really think our current coaching staff would get anything good out of Sancho?

Maguire arrived here with a big reputation, started well, turned to shit. See also: all our other recent signings. We’ll end up sucking the love of football out of Bruno before long too.
Doesn't mean a thing, he isn't playing much different to what he did there. He was always average could have good games and also shockers