That crossball from Fred

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Just me that thought it wasn't a great cross and Ronaldo and Lingard did very well to make something from it?

Don't get me wrong he did well just to get the ball into a useful area, but it wasn't anything resembling a chance until two very good touches from other players

EtH

There were literally multiple better crosses from Greenwood in the same game.
I think it’s the fact that it was actually a crossball that distinguishes it. No idea what that means. But surely the logic must be there.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Ah god, you bunch of miseries.
I’m down. I’ll bite.
If we can have a thread for every minute negative thing that happens, Damn right we are celebrating this cross. And it was Fred. The poor old pastor unfairly gets shit for almost everything he does, so well done lad- great cross and a nice match winning contribution from the bench. Sorry Donny.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
it was actually a shit cross, considering the timing etc, should have been put straight into the mixer, not shanked out to the edge of the box.
Always hilarious how people still shoot something down even if it works.

If Scholes scored that Barca goal today some of you would get annoyed that he didn’t play a simpler pass to someone with a higher xG.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
This thread sums up how poor Fred has been. He crosses a ball and gets a thread for it. He’s a fecking £50m Man United player. The expectation around some of our players is ridiculously low.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Was so confused seeing references to this wonder cross from Fred that led to the goal and now having rewatched it - am even more confused.

Decent hanging cross into the box, he definitely meant it for Ronaldo head but for the love of god it doesn’t deserve its own thread. Embarrassing.

simplyared

Those of you saying Ronaldo had to jump to reach the ball need to look at the goal again! It was put right onto his head. Ok Fred plays most of his passes with his left foot but if you've played football at a decent level you can't mistake the quality of that deliverance. He weights the cross to perfection. Threadworthy not only because of the skill involved, but also because of the importance of the last minute goal. One point from that game and we'd have been dead. That incident could well prove to be a major factor in getting us through to the final stages of the biggest club competition in the world ffs!

city-puma

It was probably a slightly above average cross. Not great, not terrible. Strange to see a thread about it and equally strange to see some people saying it was a shit cross.
To illustrate two sides of the fans’ opinions and a huge amount of bias is why this thread was created in the first place as I can see.

lilcurt

It was a hit and hope. He just swung his left foot at it aiming to get it in the 18-yard box and lucked out.

He simply doesn't have that intentionally in his locker.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It was a hit and hope. He just swung his left foot at it aiming to get it in the 18-yard box and lucked out.

He simply doesn't have that intentionally in his locker.
Yeah that just probably suits your narrative. It was a perfectly weighted cross just like many others that gone before it and will come after.

Redfrog

It was a clever bit of play just to actually make the run on the outside. Not many of our midfielders do that
He was playing left back, replacing Telles…
I am not bashing him by the way !

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Maybe best cross after Beckham left?

Don't think we'll ever see anything like this again!

Redfrog

He gets the stick he earns by not always doing what’s best. He gets praise or at least should do for doing the simple positive things right like passing it accurately to someone in a red shirt… that’s if we’re playing in red that is!

I don’t think he’s completely useless, just not the type of player that’s ever going to lift us to where we should be
Well, when I see VdB getting praised for every 5 yards pass he makes and playing « good » in a defeat against a West Ham B team at home, I can’t but think there is a lot of double standards here.
Fred get bashed for every small mistake when VdB get praised for being on the bench…

I remember a lot of players being benched and hyped here but at the end of the day, even when we changed managers, it was all the same.

It only indicates me that Fred is better in training and at playing then most of our midfielders.

Morality : we need to buy.