That save Kasper Schmeichel

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’d be surprised if anyone who watched it in real time doesn’t think this is a brilliant save. As soon as it left Mounts boot I thought it was a certain goal because he caught it fully. I think it’s one of the best saves in ages.

Maxii

Paad
One of the best saves I’ve ever seen. Especially due to the one he made previously and because of the importance of it

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
How did he get his hands on that shot from Mount? One of the best saves I've seen when looking at the whole situation and the importance of it.
very similar to his dad's stop against Liverpool, from Hutchison at Anfield in 92/93. just how did United not spot Kasper's potential given our obvious links...?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Can anyone pick out a better save in a cup final this century? Reckon Casillas and Buffon have a shout here but I can’t really remember one. Unbelievable reach.
not this century, but Jim Montgomery's against Leeds in 1973 - it was actually a double save, the second of which was astonishing (shame the same can't be said of the commentary and pundit tosh)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Whenever I watch him he is so consistent and makes good saves very often that some better keepers would let in from time to time. I don't watch him every week but from what I have seen he is consistently one of the best keepers in the league.
certainly the most under-rated - and far better than Pickford (Kasper, could have, of course, played for England)

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
One of the best saves I’ve ever seen. Especially due to the one he made previously and because of the importance of it
It looked really good in slow time. But in normal time it was exceptional. I was sure it was a goal.

Redlyn

Maybe watching live within the context of the match it seemed better, but from the gif it doesn't look that incredible. It was hit hard, but close to him. Good save not an exceptional one. Mount probably regretting why he didn't place it a bit wider.

Oranges038

It's an excellent save, not one of his best or one of the best ever. But will always be remembered and get more attention due to it's timing in the final.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Brilliant save, especially because of power coming all of a sudden with his field of vision not being clear by Leicester players in front of him. And then you count the importance of it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
it was very close, the reaction times needed for a shot of that power + the arm strength to stop it and push it wide is incredible.

I genuinely thought it was in and somehow it tipped round the post. If that goes in Chelsea win.

Tarrou

Born and bred Mancunian so may have. Like myself who has foreign parents. I’d only pick England personally if I was ever pro.
He was born in Copenhagen but I'd guess he qualifies from being in the English school system

but no Dane with Danish parents is choosing England, pretty much ever

Born and bred Mancunian so may have. Like myself who has foreign parents. I’d only pick England personally if I was ever pro.
He was born in Copenhagen but I'd guess he qualifies from being in the English school system

but no Dane with Danish parents is choosing England, pretty much ever
Just looked it up, the FA did investigate whether he could play. He said he would only ever play for Denmark.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
could have, but would he ever had wanted too? I would have thought given his fathers exploits, the thought Wouldn’t have crossed his mind?
You may be right but I don't believe he was ever considered or given reason to hope - and so the choice was simple. He is so often not mentioned when people talk about the best keepers in the PL

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Can anyone pick out a better save in a cup final this century? Reckon Casillas and Buffon have a shout here but I can’t really remember one. Unbelievable reach.
Struggling to think of many not already mentioned. Casillas made a couple of big point-blank saves after coming on in the 2002 Champions League Final when Leverkusen threw the kitchen sink at Real. And there’s the Dudek double save in 2005 against Shevchenko but that was as much luck as anticipation.

You may be right but I don't believe he was ever considered or given reason to hope - and so the choice was simple. He is so often not mentioned when people talk about the best keepers in the PL
Was reported at the time that the FA were looking into it. Thankfully, he and his father emphatically shut it down. No doubt he could have played for England, and would probably have been no 1 at some point, if not now.

but he’s danish, and he’s fathers legacy is danish, so it would have been ridiculous for him to play for England.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

A save that I remember recently, not saying if it's better or worse but my reaction of awe at it looking at it live was the same.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Was reported at the time that the FA were looking into it. Thankfully, he and his father emphatically shut it down. No doubt he could have played for England, and would probably have been no 1 at some point, if not now.

but he’s danish, and he’s fathers legacy is danish, so it would have been ridiculous for him to play for England.
I always forget he wasn't born in Manchester... every time I hear his accent, I think he was. Nonetheless, England have played many guys who qualified other ways...

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
not this century, but Jim Montgomery's against Leeds in 1973 - it was actually a double save, the second of which was astonishing (shame the same can't be said of the commentary and pundit tosh)

Holy feck

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was one of the main reason why they lost vs Spurs. Even last season he was one of the reason for their collapse, when he made terrible mistake vs Bournemouth.