That third goal...

Chairman Steve

It reminded me of that Champions League goal at the Emirates, where Park, Rooney and Ronaldo curbstomped an Arsenal backline.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Absolutely fantastic goal. Great header from Maguire. Brilliant pass from Matic. Pace and power with a great pick out from Mason and a rocket from Bruno. Proper top workout counter attacking stuff

Goku23

Our first team can easily challenge for the title but we need depth that goal reminded me of the old United

Mindhunter

It was like watching a fast forward highlight reel. It reminded me of the United of old who were fast, ruthless, and precise. Greenwood has such a mature head on his shoulders. He started accelerating as we won the ball and anticipated it to come his way. Post that the run, the touch, the cross, and then the volley were pure ecstasy.

Amazing to watch all of it come together and culminate into the goal.

Old Ma Crow

Maguire, Matic, Greenwood, Bruno Fernandez!!! Reminds me of Park, Rooney, Ronaldo!!!

edit: Damn!

Raw

I don't know what my favourite part of that goal was. Matic's pass? Greenwood's cross? Bruno's finish? Just quick and perfect counter attacking football.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't know what my favourite part of that goal was. Matic's pass? Greenwood's cross? Bruno's finish? Just quick and perfect counter attacking football.
Mine is Matic' pass.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Was mega. That Matic pass reminded me of the only good thing I did in my uni trials. I was insanely hungover and didn’t leave the centre circle for most of it but that stands out because it was the highlight of my uni football career (I obviously didn’t play ever again).

el3mel

It was one incredible counter. Matic, Greenwood, Bruno. Sublime from start to finish.

KcB32

A lot of credit to Rashford on that. Ran some 70 yards and pulled the defender off Bruno. Fantastic goal.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

alexthelion

Absolutely fantastic goal. Great header from Maguire. Brilliant pass from Matic. Pace and power with a great pick out from Mason and a rocket from Bruno. Proper top workout counter attacking stuff
Could almost have been Bruce > Ince > Sharpe > Kanchelskis.

edcunited1878

Six United touches from one box to the other with the final touch a dagger volley of a goal. As many have said, that was pure sex.

Squeaky Bumtime

Manchester United counter goal of old if I ever saw one. :drool:

Reminded me of that goal at the Emirates when we destroyed Arsenal in the CL. Park - Rooney - Ronaldo.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Worth to put into "Best United counter-attack goals" collection. It was just so sexy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Worth to put into "Best United counter-attack goals" collection. It was just so sexy.
Not only sexy but very important in the sense of timing too. Brighton had started sharp in the 2nd half and that really killed them off.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
When you could see what Bruno wanted by signalling you wanted Mason to do it and he did it perfectly. Was like slow motion planning.

Rashford bombing on to give the pass a chance in the first place also.

And that pass from Matic - the goal is close to perfection for me.

Brightonian

Really nice as well because almost everyone plays a part. Including Rashford and Martial, who are exactly right to make those interchanging straight runs because they tie up the defenders and keep Bruno free for the finish.

CM10

Brilliant from everyone involved and the sort of thing we ought to be seeing more often. Moves like these give me real hope things are starting to click into gear for us.

RedCurry

With the kind of pace in our team, that type of goal should and does happen for us whenever the opposition opens up. I am more satisfied with our first goal, second goal and the Bruno shot that hit the post. It’s no coincidence that the counter attacking goal was our third goal, but we would never have that opportunity had we not meticulously dismantled Brighton’s wall of defenders earlier in the game.

diarm

Pretty much all my favourite United goals are counter attacks - Rooney against Bolton, Kanchelskis against Norwich, Ronaldo against Arsenal.

There's a new one added to the list tonight!

Stadjer

The only thing wrong with that goal was Rashford and Martial didn't switch, you can see Rashford wants to but Martial is sod it I want to get on the end of it
I always see post here with "Martial is not a proper no. 9" but wanting to get on the end of a cross sounds pretty no. 9-ish to me...

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I always see post here with "Martial is not a proper no. 9" but wanting to get on the end of a cross sounds pretty no. 9-ish to me...
Probably from folk who didn't realise that when he was in the Monaco Youth teams he smashed record after record for the amount of goals scored in a season when he was playing as a centre-forward. He got eased into their first-team wide on the left but he'd have become their centre-forward the following season if he'd not been tempted away by an English club whose name escapes me.