The “Ole In” Brigade

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
So, Sheffield United have a better squad then?
Everton have a better squad then?
I didn’t say that our league position correlates to our squad, our league position correlates to where we deserve to be. As a team we haven’t been good enough to break down the “lower” teams.

love it!

My favourite bit of this one ‘if we’d won the matches that we drew or lost we’d be higher up in the league table’. Revelatory,. A real penny drop moment! :lol: :lol:
Well yeah it sounds obvious (because it is) - but I’d hazard a guess that if we were higher up in the league this place wouldn’t be as toxic and as divided and a lot more people would be happier and more of us would be “Ole In” - That’s the point I’m making

You can't say my experience in real life Manchester are't true. The vitriol and mass hysteria that seems normal on Redcafe does not reflect the mood on the ground here.
I can, it’s absolute bollocks. Not a single fan who sits near me rates Ole, they can’t believe he’s still in the job.
All my mates think we’re an absolute joke.

You must live in some fecking weird part of town man, either that or you’ve got a small group of mates, all with a sheep mentality.

Last edited:
I didn’t say that our league position correlates to our squad, our league position correlates to where we deserve to be. As a team we haven’t been good enough to break down the “lower” teams.

Well yeah it sounds obvious (because it is) - but I’d hazard a guess that if we were higher up in the league this place wouldn’t be as toxic and as divided and a lot more people would be happier and more of us would be “Ole In” - That’s the point I’m making
This post man :lol:

If we were higher up the table people would be happier. :lol:

We’re 9th not because we have the 9th best squad, but because we’ve not been good enough. Yet somehow the poster uses this as a reason to stick up for the manager... mind-feck level 10.

Womp

idiot
Wait... you're telling me that if we were doing better, people would be happier? Ridiculous claim imo

Roboc7

Why would I be trolling when it's literally the PL table?

I think people are overestimating what THIS Man Utd side can achieve and mixing it with what their thoughts of where a MAN UTD SIDE should be in the league.

But at the same time, putting a side the dire state of the squad and placing an unrealistic expectation on what the current side can achieve.

People complain about how bad we've been all season, b*tch and moan about how crap most of the squad is, but at the same time wishing for the return of yester-year and complaing until their blue in the fact at how our league position should be higher because we're man utd.

Entitlement.

You cannot have both. You literally cannot complain about how crap the squad is, rip players to shreds on match days and then at the same time complain how low in the league we are.

Our league position reflects how good we currently are.

That currently is 9th.

BUT.

As i stated earlier the difference between 4th - 11th is 7 points.

You need to understand that THE CURRENT SQUAD IS SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Go back 12-18months and if someone told you that going into mid February, we'd be playing Chelsea and if we win, we'd be 3points of 4th with plenty of games to go. You'd have bit their hand off.

If anything Ole's been incredibly unlucky, change the Villa, Sheffield games to a win instead of dissapointing draws, score those penalties that we missed at the start of the season and we'd be higher up in the league.

As a result, this place wouldn't be so split. We'd comfortably be 3rd.

Just want to re-iterate one thing:

You simply cannot complain and bitch and moan about how crap the majority of the players are ridicule them on match days, wish they were out the club, complain about how poor you think we are and then wish we were higher up in the league because we're manchester united and the name simply carries more weight and we should be challenging for the title because of it. get over it. we're crap now. we're not as good as we used to be. once you realise that and take the patience that it needs, you'll soon understand that things take time.
At the same stage last year we were 2 points behind Chelsea, higher up the table and had 13 more points so I don’t think anyone would be snapping hand off to swap for this.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Worst start since 1989
9th place
41 points away from Liverpool
We're closer to the relegation zone (11 points) then we're close to 3rd place Leicester (15 points) whom we've just bought their so called 80m rated CB from
Leicester, Sheffield United, Everton and Wolves are ahead of us

Ole's fantastic run last season got him the job from temporary to permanent. This season's humiliating run should end it.

Robbie Boy

I can, it’s absolute bollocks. Not a single fan who sits near me rates Ole, they can’t believe he’s still in the job.

You must live in some fecking weird part of town man, either that or you’ve got a small group of mates, all with a sheep mentality.
Have to agree with this. For me, like you, it's the complete opposite in that every United fan I know doesn't rate Ole and wants him gone. It's literally only on here that he has a handful of die hard fans. Outside of the Caf, I don't know a single fan that rates him.

Oh, and why all of a sudden is the league table propaganda and it's not ok to state our league position? Wasn't us being 5th one of the main lines trotted out by his supporters? Now though, referenceing the league table is a form of propaganda. I think we all know which side is taking the evidence based approach and which side is using propaganda and selective stats.

buckooo1978

I think some people are confused about the nature of United fans.

We arent the type to normally boo or chastise a manager in the stadium. Even Moyes was supported until the end. I remember losing 3 nil to Liverpool under Moyes and the United fans chanting 20 times Man United repeatedly and defiantly, drowning out the Scousers. One of my proudest moments to be a United fan.

Alabaster Codify7

When Ole's gone in the summer, the revisionism is going to be amusing to watch. Pundits like Gary Neville will barely even mention the situation, Gary will kick it under the rug and move on immediately. The Ole Era will be quickly 'forgotten' as a bizarre experiment that went very wrong and a lot of the stauncher Ole In fans will follow suit and will get behind the new manager, too.

I think some people are confused about the nature of United fans.

We arent the type to normally boo or chastise a manager in the stadium. Even Moyes was supported until the end. I remember losing 3 nil to Liverpool under Moyes and the United fans chanting 20 times Man United repeatedly and defiantly, drowning out the Scousers. One of my proudest moments to be a United fan.
Absolutely. I still commend our fans for that and disagree that matchgoers are part of the problem as some appear to think. Yes, the stadium turning nasty could absolutely hasten a manager's departure, as it does at the likes of Real Madrid, but it's not our job to decide whether or not a manager keeps his job; we shouldn't have to boo Ole to make our board aware that it's February 17th and we've amassed just 35 points.

What does annoy me about a large portion of our match going fans though, is that they can get so nasty to the likes of Pogba, Fellaini, Nani, Young as the same should apply there, these players aren't picking themselves or buying themselves, they have much less say/influence in how well Manchester United are doing than any manager.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
At the same stage last year we were 2 points behind Chelsea, higher up the table and had 13 more points so I don’t think anyone would be snapping hand off to swap for this.
Yet at the same time many were clamouring for the “deadwood” to be got rid of - most of the unwanted players have either been sold or are out on loan.

Can’t have it both ways

Yet at the same time many were clamouring for the “deadwood” to be got rid of - most of the unwanted players have either been sold or are out on loan.

Can’t have it both ways
Yes you can man, when you reinvest €214m you absolutely can and should. Liverpool finished 8th in 2015-16 then did this:

Sold the following deadwood: Allen, Benteke, Ibe, Skrtel, Alberto, Sakho, Touré, Markovic…

and spent just €79m. (-€6m NET if anyone cares)

Then they finished 4th, with 16 more points from the previous year. Was it magic? or just good management I wonder :confused:

Last edited:

Alabaster Codify7

Yes you can man, when you reinvest €214m you absolutely can and should. Liverpool finished 8th in 2015-16 then did this:

Sold the following deadwood: Allen, Benteke, Ibe, Skrtel, Alberto, Sakho, Touré, Markovic…

Then they finished 4th, with 16 more points from the previous year. Was it magic? or just good management I wonder :confused:

Bingo. That is what a rebuild looks like, an improvement on the previous season. What we are seeing isn't anything of the sort, its a big regression from the previous season despite a large amount of money being spent.

Bingo. That is what a rebuild looks like, an improvement on the previous season. What we are seeing isn't anything of the sort, its a big regression from the previous season despite a large amount of money being spent.
Thing is, if we'd ditched as much deadwood and spent as little as Klopp did that year and been this shit, I'd understand the argument about ditching deadwood and having to suffer for it; but when you then spend €159m (now €214m), how on Earth can any sane person say this is progress?

JG3001

This is also why I don’t get the clearing the deadwood argument used at United.

We still have arguably the 3 worst players here in Lingard, Jones and Rojo who should have been the first to be moved before anyone else.

Pereira, the less said the better.

We were also begging Ashley Young to stay on.

What we’ve actually done is moved on the okay players (or the best of the worst of you see it that way), who at least did a job, and could have covered us whilst we were looking for suitable/better replacements.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Yes and just needs to be repeated every time Ole is compared with klopp because circumstances are similar in terms of weak team needs upgrading and when they took over. Klopp spent and sold and in second season improved points tally significantly ending in cl places with 76 points. Ole’s second season after similar selling and buying we’re much worse points wise On course for 55 and the eye test says we are incoherent apart from one counterattacking style with fully fit first xi. They’ll say injuries but then who forced ole to sell £75m worth of striker Lukaku who’s scored goals everywhere he’s gone? We just go round in circles but I’m sure the board has a plan in place. They’re not that dumb.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's a bad example imo and here's why, for the entire season Liverpool's combined total of games missed by injuries was 138. Our players have already missed 189 games through injury. Liverpool actually had a fortunate season that year because they were largely injury free throughout. Danny Ings missed the majority of the season and Henderson and Gomez (who didn't really feature much at that point) missed a sequence of games.

Part of the problem we've had this year is the constant disruption with some of our best players being injured for large chunks at a time, along with that our small and fairly inexperienced squad (compared to Liverpools) have suffered with being forced to play without rest due to the issues we've had. It's a problem to get cohession in the squad when players are constantly out of action with injuries. Having said that, this issue has been exagerated due to our inability to bring players in during the Summer. Whether thats down to Ole or Woodward is the question because it's really hampered our season. But Liverpool had a freakish season that year as they really didn't suffer from injuries much.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This is also why I don’t get the clearing the deadwood argument used at United.

We still have arguably the 3 worst players here in Lingard, Jones and Rojo who should have been the first to be moved before anyone else.

Pereira, the less said the better.

We were also begging Ashley Young to stay on.

What we’ve actually done is moved on the okay players (or the best of the worst of you see it that way), who at least did a job, and could have covered us whilst we were looking for suitable/better replacements.
Rojo has left the club already.

MrBest

Why would I be trolling when it's literally the PL table?

I think people are overestimating what THIS Man Utd side can achieve and mixing it with what their thoughts of where a MAN UTD SIDE should be in the league.

But at the same time, putting a side the dire state of the squad and placing an unrealistic expectation on what the current side can achieve.

People complain about how bad we've been all season, b*tch and moan about how crap most of the squad is, but at the same time wishing for the return of yester-year and complaing until their blue in the fact at how our league position should be higher because we're man utd.

Entitlement.

You cannot have both. You literally cannot complain about how crap the squad is, rip players to shreds on match days and then at the same time complain how low in the league we are.

Our league position reflects how good we currently are.

That currently is 9th.

BUT.

As i stated earlier the difference between 4th - 11th is 7 points.

You need to understand that THE CURRENT SQUAD IS SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Go back 12-18months and if someone told you that going into mid February, we'd be playing Chelsea and if we win, we'd be 3points of 4th with plenty of games to go. You'd have bit their hand off.

If anything Ole's been incredibly unlucky, change the Villa, Sheffield games to a win instead of dissapointing draws, score those penalties that we missed at the start of the season and we'd be higher up in the league.

As a result, this place wouldn't be so split. We'd comfortably be 3rd.

Just want to re-iterate one thing:

You simply cannot complain and bitch and moan about how crap the majority of the players are ridicule them on match days, wish they were out the club, complain about how poor you think we are and then wish we were higher up in the league because we're manchester united and the name simply carries more weight and we should be challenging for the title because of it. get over it. we're crap now. we're not as good as we used to be. once you realise that and take the patience that it needs, you'll soon understand that things take time.
I actually agree with you on league position, we are where we are and the squad is not good enough. Saying that, we are where we are from a combination of poor players, terrible coaching and pathetic tactics. I would honestly be happy to be in 8th or 9th if i could see a clear vision but what i watch from this team and manager makes my eyes bleed. Ole has to take responsibility in regards to our squad, he sold our top scorer and did not replace him, he did not replace Fellaini and Herrera. Regardless of who's actual fault it is, Ole has taken responsibility in the media by saying he prioritised areas of the squad, defence. Now for me, the defence is pretty awful still, we ship too many goals in, mainly down to bad coaching. Our defence is valued at 190m if you include shaw yet i take no comfort from them. My opinion of Ole now is he plays to not lose, you can call it unlucky or whatever you want, but that team showed zero urgency to fight for a win. We pass around cluelessly. Another issue of Ole, his obession with Lingard and 4231. He started off at united with 4123 where he gave a license to attack. Why on earth do we have two holding midfielders when our defence costs 190m? His decisions baffle me, he is slow and reactive. He is not a premier league manager despite being a legend. He has had enough time to show something, but from what I see, we are playing worse football than Jose, Gaal and Moyes. I am not a fan of statistics in football but in this case, they dont lie. 35 points is probably more than what we should have.

hobbers

Definitely fair to say the 'Give Ole credit for getting rid of the deadwood' argument is seriously flawed. Well, actually just nonsense, as all pro-Ole arguments tend to be at this point to be fair.

We've barely got rid of any deadwood and all our outgoings have been in totally the wrong order.

Why was Smalling shipped off before the sicknotes Jones and Rojo? Fellaini gone but Pereira and Lingard untouchable in the first third of the season, why? Why was Young allowed to leave half way through the season for a piddling little transfer fee, given how injury prone Shaw is, and AWB has also missed several games? Not like we needed the money is it?

And the one managerial decision Ole made that I do agree with, moving Lukaku on, was by no means "clearing out deadwood". That was supposed to be replacing a well-established player who isn't fit for a positive modern attacking game with one who is. Lukaku was garbage with the ball but, much like Fellaini, he wasn't deadwood, deadwood doesn't score you 20 goals a season.

The only deadwood Ole has cleared so far is Valencia. Pereira, Lingard, Jones, Sanchez and Rojo are still all on the books.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I actually agree with you on league position, we are where we are and the squad is not good enough. Saying that, we are where we are from a combination of poor players, terrible coaching and pathetic tactics. I would honestly be happy to be in 8th or 9th if i could see a clear vision but what i watch from this team and manager makes my eyes bleed. Ole has to take responsibility in regards to our squad, he sold our top scorer and did not replace him, he did not replace Fellaini and Herrera. Regardless of who's actual fault it is, Ole has taken responsibility in the media by saying he prioritised areas of the squad, defence. Now for me, the defence is pretty awful still, we ship too many goals in, mainly down to bad coaching. Our defence is valued at 190m if you include shaw yet i take no comfort from them. My opinion of Ole now is he plays to not lose, you can call it unlucky or whatever you want, but that team showed zero urgency to fight for a win. We pass around cluelessly. Another issue of Ole, his obession with Lingard and 4231. He started off at united with 4123 where he gave a license to attack. Why on earth do we have two holding midfielders when our defence costs 190m? His decisions baffle me, he is slow and reactive. He is not a premier league manager despite being a legend. He has had enough time to show something, but from what I see, we are playing worse football than Jose, Gaal and Moyes. I am not a fan of statistics in football but in this case, they dont lie. 35 points is probably more than what we should have.
Personally, I think it's been very clear throughout this season that when one of Rashford or Martial is missing our attack grinds to a halt. If we don't have both of them on the pitch then we struggle to get shots on target let alone score goals. This is reflected in the table fairly well, we've improved defensively (perhaps not as much as the investment should warrant) but we've struggled to score goals. We're 13 behind last seasons total.

We've played 10 PL Games this season when one of Martial/Rashford hasn't started, we've scored 6 goals in those games. In the 15 PL Games where both have started we've scored 30. Putting that into numbers:

Martial & Rashford Start - 2 goals a game.
One of Martial/Rashford Missing - 0.6 goals a game.

Roboc7

Can’t have it both ways
Yes you can that’s the entire point of having a good manager and paying someone 7.5m quid a year.

And if all these players are ‘deadwood’ why are we worse. I keep hearing we’ve got rid of ‘deadwood’ and made great signings so we should be better or at least as good, but we’re miles worse, makes no sense unless the manager isn’t very good.

romufc

Definitely fair to say the 'Give Ole credit for getting rid of the deadwood' argument is seriously flawed. Well, actually just nonsense, as all pro-Ole arguments tend to be at this point to be fair.

We've barely got rid of any deadwood and all our outgoings have been in totally the wrong order.

Why was Smalling shipped off before the sicknotes Jones and Rojo? Fellaini gone but Pereira and Lingard untouchable in the first third of the season, why? Why was Young allowed to leave half way through the season for a piddling little transfer fee, given how injury prone Shaw is, and AWB has also missed several games? Not like we needed the money is it?

And the one managerial decision Ole made that I do agree with, moving Lukaku on, was by no means "clearing out deadwood". That was supposed to be replacing a well-established player who isn't fit for a positive modern attacking game with one who is. Lukaku was garbage with the ball but, much like Fellaini, he wasn't deadwood, deadwood doesn't score you 20 goals a season.

The only deadwood Ole has cleared so far is Valencia. Pereira, Lingard, Jones, Sanchez and Rojo are still all on the books.

Give him credit because he actually went and done it, the previous managers didn't.

Smalling was told he is not first choice and did not want to fight for a place, he wanted guaranteed football.

Fellaini, Lingard, Perreira are all deadwood but Fellaini went first. the other two are no untouchable, they playing because there is no alternative.

Young was let go because we have a young full back who can deputise, AWB has missed several games? proof? He's missed 2 PL games.

Lukaku didn't fit the system and was getting £75m fee, the club would be mad not to sell considering he was not part of a long term future.

I guess you forgot about Darmian?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yes you can that’s the entire point of having a good manager and paying someone 7.5m quid a year.

And if all these players are ‘deadwood’ why are we worse. I keep hearing we’ve got rid of ‘deadwood’ and made great signings so we should be better or at least as good, but we’re miles worse, makes no sense unless the manager isn’t very good.
Sold/released experienced players, replaced with relatively inexperienced players. It's a long term strategy, clearly that's not going to be healthy for our short term success but it will benefit the club further down the road. Only Maguire and Bruno are players that were signed and should come in with expectations of having an immediate impact in my opinion. But if you look at those players it's pretty clear that we focussed on getting rid of the older players in the squad first, selecting a few to retain (Mata/Matic), but even their days are numbered imo.

Players Sold/Released Since Ole Took Over:

Average Age:

Antonio Valencia
34​
Ashley Young
34​
Marouane Fellaini
32​
Alexis Sánchez
31​
Ander Herrera
30​
Matteo Darmian
30​
Chris Smalling
30​
Marcos Rojo
29​
Romelu Lukaku
26​

Players Signed/Promoted Since Ole Took Over:

Average Age:

Harry Maguire
26​
Bruno Fernandes
25​
Axel Tuanzebe
22​
Aaron Wan-Bissaka
22​
Daniel James
22​
Brandon Williams
19​
Mason Greenwood
18​

Roboc7

Sold/released experienced players, replaced with relatively inexperienced players. It's a long term strategy, clearly that's not going to be healthy for our short term success but it will benefit the club further down the road. Only Maguire and Bruno are players that were signed and should come in with expectations of having an immediate impact in my opinion. But if you look at those players it's pretty clear that we focussed on getting rid of the older players in the squad first, selecting a few to retain (Mata/Matic), but even their days are numbered imo.

Average Age:

Antonio Valencia
34​
Ashley Young
34​
Marouane Fellaini
32​
Alexis Sánchez
31​
Ander Herrera
30​
Matteo Darmian
30​
Chris Smalling
30​
Marcos Rojo
29​
Romelu Lukaku
26​

Average Age:

Harry Maguire
26​
Bruno Fernandes
25​
Axel Tuanzebe
22​
Aaron Wan-Bissaka
22​
Daniel James
22​
Brandon Williams
19​
Mason Greenwood
18​
So in a nutshell the players are younger and worse than those that left but will get better in future and we should all believe that the ability of the manager has not had a detrimental impact on the performance of the team.

We must also exclude the impossible scenario that a better manager could have bought and sold players and managed to amass more than 35 points out of 75.

romufc

I get what Ole is trying to do, giving the team a refresh and all, because other manager's wouldn't let this happen.

But surely, his time will be up at the end of the season. He keeps coming up with the most boring excuses of not winning games.

First it was not his squad, players were not fit - pre season will help

Season started and talk of transition takes time we will get performances like we do. Okay fine.

then he was happy about being 5th, well we are 9th now what will he say now?

Then middle of Feb was about mental tiredness etc..

The team have had a break, whats the next excuse?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
So in a nutshell the players are younger and worse than those that left but will get better in future and we should all believe that the ability of the manager has not had a detrimental impact on the performance of the team.

We must also exclude the impossible scenario that a better manager could have bought and sold players and managed to amass more than 35 points out of 75.
Young players will have slumps in form, they aren't consistent. Short term we will struggle a bit until those players are settled into the squad, just look at Rashford, it's taken him a few seasons before he's really settled down. Young players will also be wreckless and might not have the knowledge of knowing how to play out games, when to attack, when to defend etc. That's part of the deal of playing young players, normally your experienced players will guide them through the process and lead by example, but the problem is that those experienced players in our team right now are either:

1. New to the team
2. Been injured
3. Totally out of form

It's players like Bailly, Shaw, Jones, Pogba, Lingard, Matic, Mata that should have been carrying the slack and they've all been largely shit or can't even get on the pitch.

Not denying Oles been at fault, but personally I think he's managed the squad clearout very well and with a decent pre season (and new Manager) we'll be looking in great shape to push forward. This is the most positive i've been about the squad in years, the only annoyance is Right Forward and Midfield which if you look at rumours seem to be areas we're identified for big money signings in the Summer.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Young players will have slumps in form, they aren't consistent. Short term we will struggle a bit until those players are settled into the squad, just look at Rashford, it's taken him a few seasons before he's really settled down. Young players will also be wreckless and might not have the knowledge of knowing how to play out games, when to attack, when to defend etc. That's part of the deal of playing young players, normally your experienced players will guide them through the process and lead by example, but the problem is that those experienced players in our team right now are either:

1. New to the team
2. Been injured
3. Totally out of form

It's players like Bailly, Shaw, Jones, Pogba, Lingard, Matic, Mata that should have been carrying the slack and they've all been largely shit or can't even get on the pitch.

Not denying Oles been at fault, but personally I think he's managed the squad clearout very well and with a decent pre season (and new Manager) we'll be looking in great shape to push forward. This is the most positive i've been about the squad in years, the only annoyance is Right Forward and Midfield which if you look at rumours seem to be areas we're identified for big money signings in the Summer.
Spends most of the post praising what Ole’s done with the players & still mentions that a new manager is required . Gotta love to see it

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Spends most of the post praising what Ole’s done with the players & still mentions that a new manager is required . Gotta love to see it
He's done well bringing in players and refreshing the squad, but no Fan can be happy about where we are in the table. It's unacceptable. But i'm not going to slam into Ole and throw abuse at him when it's clear that he's done well in some areas but failed badly in others.

I'm also of the opinion that it's only a matter of time before he's sacked, it feels inevitable. He'll be allowed to see out the end of the season, with the hope that we can do well in the cups and then replace him with Pochettino in the Summer. I'm of the opinion that Ole has been let down by Woodward and it'll keep happening as the clubs structure needs changing which doesn't seem to be happening. I'm kind of resigned to the fact that this bullshit will continue to happen for the foreseeable future.

Roboc7

1. New to the team
2. Been injured
3. Totally out of form

Slump started last season and has been going on through all of this season, don’t think that’s down to young players having slumps in form.

The truth is it’s not even Ole refreshing the squad, Valencia and Fellaini were let go whilst he was a caretaker. It’s the club policy, all Ole has done is comply with it and prove he’s not a very good manager.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Slump started last season and has been going on through all of this season, don’t think that’s down to young players having slumps in form.

The truth is it’s not even Ole refreshing the squad, Valencia and Fellaini were let go whilst he was a caretaker. It’s the club policy, all Ole has done is comply with it and prove he’s not a very good manager.
Nah, it's clear it's under instruction by Ole that he was happy to see all those players leave first. But you shit on everything Ole does so i'll leave you to your complaining.

Roboc7

Nah, it's clear it's under instruction by Ole that he was happy to see all those players leave first. But you shit on everything Ole does so i'll leave you to your complaining.
Shame your toys are out of the pram, nothing I said was a complaint just summarising what’s happened.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Average Age:

Antonio Valencia
34​
Ashley Young
34​
Marouane Fellaini
32​
Alexis Sánchez
31​
Ander Herrera
30​
Matteo Darmian
30​
Chris Smalling
30​
Marcos Rojo
29​
Romelu Lukaku
26​

Average Age:

Harry Maguire
26​
Bruno Fernandes
25​
Axel Tuanzebe
22​
Aaron Wan-Bissaka
22​
Daniel James
22​
Brandon Williams
19​
Mason Greenwood
18​
Only Herrera would improve our current side of the departed players since Ole arrived. Then again, he was fully intent on leaving the club regardless, leaving the manager with no option other than to sell. Lukaku would have been a handy option (especially with the injuries to our strikeforce this season) but he was also adamant about leaving the club.

I'm fairly certain Tuanzebe emerged before Ole took charge of the club. I could be wrong though.

All in all, Ole has done well in the transfer department, which is why I would like him to stay at the club in an official capacity after the inevitable goes down. Be that a Scout, DoF, coach, assistant manager (this position may be beneath him given the circumstances) or whatever.

They were fecking 2nd 2 years ago. Dont try to make them look like a Sunday league football team.
Look at the two line ups...

Lived my entire life in Chortlon. Been going to OT for nearly 40 years.

As I said, you can't speak for other people's experiences. The over the top, panic mentality of Redcafe does not reflect real life.

Funny how you have to get wound up and try to make digs, simply because other people want Ole to remain in the job.

Try to accept that people who want Ole to continue aren't saying he's Pep. But we see he's going to see us through a tough time for the club. Steady the ship and lay foundations for the future, rather than ripping it all up again and hoping for the best that works.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
If we lose 3-0 tonight is it all going to be fine?

I am not a fan of Ole being in the job long term and I have accpeted that this season is an absolute write off. We will not get a CL spot and will not win any trophies. I just hope we can win a few games. Plan to get rid of the cling ons like Jones and Lingard etc and plan to get a good manager in the summer that can take us forward. Literally no point in sacking Ole now may as well wait until the summer.

Foxbatt

8 weeks/75 pages of (mainly) criticism.

To the posters who thought he was sh!t (and may still do), has anything changed your opinion or is it just that we're on a good streak and there's nothing to criticise?
If we play like this and get into the CL spots I will hold up my hand and say he needs a chance next season.