The “Ole In” Brigade

JoaquinJoaquin

Ole's real judgment time is next season IMO. If we aren't challenging for the league than he has to go. Top 4 should be an absolute bare minimum.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
So, we all Ole in if we get top four and/or win the EL? I assume we are.
I definitely am. Thats the moment I will change my vote. Clear, tangible progress and a target achieved, even if there are question marks, he will deserve another season.

That being said, if he messes up Leicester like he just did Chelsea/West Ham, and then he doesn’t win the EL either, he won’t have done enough and should leave. That would be too many collapses and a clear sign of problems within the mentality of the squad.

Beat Leicester and he earns the time. Lose, and he has 3 games to save his job.

I think that is fair after the collapse last year and our poor overall points total this time around.

Irwin99

I think he might stay regardless, the board might have seen enough encouraging signs. I still shake my head over the summer transfer business (not getting a number 10 or a first choice winger/back up striker) and our season changed with the Bruno signing. If it all goes wrong you have to point to that and Ed's stupidity.

el3mel

He's getting next season no matter what. After that remains to be seen.

To be fair his tenure won't be a waste either way. He has done several transfer and squad changes that I think will help the next manager, no matter whom he's, a lot.

OleBoiii

I'm "Ole in" even if we fail at both.

We spent half the season with a shite bench, Lingard/Pereira as our creator(s) and a lengthy injury spell on Rashford on top of this. Truth be told, we've been overachieving

Eddy_JukeZ

To be fair his tenure won't be a waste either way. He has done several transfer and squad changes that I think will help the next manager, no matter whom he's, a lot.
We were saying that about Van Gaal and Jose too initially.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

What happened to you?? :lol: :lol:

el3mel

What happened to you?? :lol: :lol:
Hey, I'm trying to be optimistic lads, :D For once I'm trying to sound positive, beside he has been doing very well recently to be fair so can't criticize him much, and really can see many managers liking to have the likes of Bruno as their main creator, and Rashford and Greenwood too, beside Martial recent great form. I think many managers will like this set of players so at least his tenure wasn't a big loss for us.

the chameleon

As long as the manager isn't the complete opposite of of Solskjaer we can build on some of these players. But knowing Woodie, he will do another 180 and get a known name that will ask for 5 transfer windows to assemble his defensive team. We will then fire him and hire a washed away Pep Guardiola in 2027. The same will happen. Woodie will then hire Rupert Murdoch to do his press.

Eddy_JukeZ

We really weren't.
You can go back and view the threads.

The entire talk was that the next manager will have a much better squad to work with as a result of the signings.

I'm not even the only one who's mentioned this recently.

Robbie Boy

I'm "Ole in" even if we fail at both.

We spent half the season with a shite bench, Lingard/Pereira as our creator(s) and a lengthy injury spell on Rashford on top of this. Truth be told, we've been overachieving
I think the problem is that if we don't get top four, it'll seriously hamper our rebuild and transfer targets. It's absolutely vital that we have CL football next season. I think he'll stay regardless as there's no noises to the contrary.

Fact is, it will make his job much tougher not being able to attract the calibre of players that we need and he would already be starting next season on the back foot. I have no doubt that the league will be much stronger next season and we'll need the best squad possible to challenge for a top 3 place.

led_scholes

The best brigade were the "we want Ole not Zidane". Yeah, why take a 3 times CL champion instead? We have the Champion of Norway lads!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I swear as a club - I hate our supporters because we hardly have any but to those who support instant success.

The moan about Rashford only to go back and shut their mouth. They make rubbish stories about Martial that gets echoed in press only for them to shut their mouth. The list is never really ending just like their moans. Their moans is the way they support.

Absolutely one of the worst supporters of a club I have ever seen and many of our rivals have better fans of their club to create a family atmosphere that alot of our fans pretend to be worse off than us.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
You can go back and view the threads.

The entire talk was that the next manager will have a much better squad to work with as a result of the signings.

I'm not even the only one who's mentioned this recently.
If you listen to the muppets then yes. People spanked themselves silly in August then realise that the players brought in were shit come November. With Jose it was the same, lots of initial excitement followed by a dose of reality afterwards when watching the players first hand. Don't buy the argument, there was plenty of talk about Van Gaal having a history of building teams up, there was plenty of talk of Jose wrecking teams because he'd build with short term in mind.

JoaquinJoaquin

Ole’s first big test is next season?
No, but by then he will of had enough time and enough transfer windows to of fully enforced his philosophy. If that isn't good enough to challenge for the title then he isn't the answer.

OleBoiii

No, but by then he will of had enough time and enough transfer windows to of fully enforced his philosophy. If that isn't good enough to challenge for the title then he isn't the answer.
What if we sign no players this summer and we get a lengthy injury spell on 1 or 2 important players(Bruno, Pogba, Martial etc)? Even without injuries this team is not on the same level as City, Pool and even Chelsea with their amazing transfer window so far.

Zen86

Yes, but he will still deserve credit for getting us back into the top four, somewhere we haven’t been many times recently.

Robbie Boy

I really wouldn't be expecting a title challenge next season. I think the aim would be a very comfortable third place finish. Liverpool are still far better than us and I can see City making big strides in the transfer market this summer. Our aim should be a third place finish. I would love a title push of course but it's not a reality for next season.

I have a feeling the league will be a much tougher place next season and I fully expect Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea to be in much better shape. Getting CL football is so vital, it really is. If we miss out on CL then we likely miss out on the calibre of players that we need. I feel if this happens then Ole is a dead man walking going into next season. I realistically can't see us winning the EL so Sunday's game is so unbelievablely vital.

JoaquinJoaquin

What if we sign no players this summer and we get a lengthy injury spell on 1 or 2 important players(Bruno, Pogba, Martial etc)? Even without injuries this team is not on the same level as City, Pool and even Chelsea with their amazing transfer window so far.
If we sign no players this summer then he needs to stand up to the Glazers or he would be creating a rod for his own back by being a yes man.

I'm not one for using the amount of money spent to use as a stick to beat a manager with, but if we spend another £150m say this window on top of what he has already spent and we are nowhere near challenging then he has to go simple as.

JoaquinJoaquin

Yes, but he will still deserve credit for getting us back into the top four, somewhere we haven’t been many times recently.
Totally. If we qualify this season then he deserves a hell of a lot of credit. He then needs to build on it though. No point just being an also ran for the Champions League and trying to scrape top 4 every year. We roasted Arsenal for years for doing that.

JoaquinJoaquin

I really wouldn't be expecting a title challenge next season. I think the aim would be a very comfortable third place finish. Liverpool are still far better than us and I can see City making big strides in the transfer market this summer. Our aim should be a third place finish. I would love a title push of course but it's not a reality for next season.

I have a feeling the league will be a much tougher place next season and I fully expect Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea to be in much better shape. Getting CL football is so vital, it really is. If we miss out on CL then we likely miss out on the calibre of players that we need. I feel if this happens then Ole is a dead man walking going into next season. I realistically can't see us winning the EL so Sunday's game is so unbelievablely vital.
Finishing 3rd and being relatively close in points to Liverpool and City is acceptable and should be the realistic goal to be honest. Scrapping for top 4 after potentially spending another £100m plus this window shouldn't be enough. We will basically be also rans for the Champions League at that point. No different to a Sevilla etc.

abailey123

100% Ole in regardless of how this season finishes. Our issue now is finding a quality right sided winger, a good back up / attacking mid to give Bruno a chance to get some rest. I’d also keep Smalling to partner Maguire

Zen86

Totally. If we qualify this season then he deserves a hell of a lot of credit. He then needs to build on it though. No point just being an also ran for the Champions League and trying to scrape top 4 every year. We roasted Arsenal for years for doing that.
Agreed. It’s painfully obvious that we need some depth to the squad, so we certainly need some good transfer activity to build on what we have. We haven’t really got many options on the bench and that will always hurt us over the course of a season. You’d expect to narrow the gap next season.

jamesjimmybyrondean

He's been given almost 200m . Would you give Mourinho credit for top4 after spending that amount if he was still here. That said, I think what I would give him credit for is the signings, the players being behind him and the progress we've made overall from last season

Zen86

He's been given almost 200m . Would you give Mourinho credit for top4 after spending that amount if he was still here. That said, I think what I would give him credit for is the signings, the players being behind him and the progress we've made overall from last season
The signings are better than anything Mourinho managed, and it’s a young squad that has lots of room to grow. That’s pretty much the opposite of Mourinho’s general approach.

Crashoutcassius

Finishing 3rd and being relatively close in points to Liverpool and City is acceptable and should be the realistic goal to be honest. Scrapping for top 4 after potentially spending another £100m plus this window shouldn't be enough. We will basically be also rans for the Champions League at that point. No different to a Sevilla etc.
For me, we should spend the money , and try to improve next season, and get 10 or 15 more points , keep playing exciting football. If city get 102 PTS I'm not sacking ole if we made clear progress , it would be cutting off the nose to spite the face

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Always been of the opinion Ole will get us going in the right direction but essentially set up the next manager for the major honours. Feel like we are getting to that point.