The “Ole In” Brigade

What was available to Ole tonight was always going to struggle. The only confusing thing about Ole is why he constantly picks Lingard. Hopefully that's the last we see of him for while.
Picking Andreas alongside Fred again after Sheff United and Aston Villa wasn't confusing at all, especially with Matic on the bench :lol:

awful awful manager.

El Zoido

Erm, yes it is @red_de_pologne

He sold Fellaini, didn't replace Herrera, alienated Matic, sold Lukaku, got rid of Smalling.

Don't give me this bullshit that the state of the squad aint he fault when it quite fecking clearly is.
Takes time to flush the bad players and build a new team. He needs patience he’ll never get, but feck it, this toxic fanbase deserves this failure for acting like this every time. Reap what you sow.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Anybody bashing Ole - please tell me you really think we'd lose today with Pogba, McTominay, Maguire, Martial starting? It's not Ole's fault his options are fecking Jones and Lingard, this squad has been run to the ground be the men above him. Sure, he's not an elite manager, but our squad is a complete joke atm ZERO depth
Whilst I agree, the window is open right this second, and Ole when speaking about transfers hasn’t exactly been bullish.
I’ve backed him all the way, but if he and his team can’t identify players to improve this rabble this month, then he needs replacing with somebody who can.

Shark

@NotShark
The ole out kids are back in force.
Yeah we're all just spoiled kids who had it too good, the club and fans don't deserve anything but suffering and SAF's record after record broken for the wrong reasons. Feck CL football or winning any trophies for another decade, we have Ole at the wheel who'll steer us to a comfortable 7th place season in, season out while our rivals clean up. Stupid spoiled kids their fans are too.

vidic blood & sand

You didn’t ask a question genius, but to hint at the ridiculousness of your original comment; the people wanting him out never went anywhere so the idea that they’re “back” makes no sense.
There's obviously going to be some inconsistency with the current squad, but the Ole out brigade disappear when we win. It's not a shock that we have nights like tonight, but as I said, who do you think can give us more consistency?

Dan_F

Is this a WUM? It's a stretch to say we were good. We were average and City stopped playing.
Genuinely think that people have forgot what playing good looks like. We had a good 10 minute spell against City in previous game, defended the other 80 and apparently dominated the game.

I don’t see it going anywhere under Ole. The football we’re playing is horrible, it’s nothing like the “United way”. If people are happy watching this for a few years then fair enough. It won’t get us anything other than possible top four finishes.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Zero point being Ole in. Zero point being Ole out.

If the last 6 years has taught us anything, it's that the rot lies far far deeper.

Make no bones about it, ours is the toughest job in world football right now. We need total refurbishment in every single aspect. From players, to management. From owners, to even the fecking stadium.

Right now, you would be mad to join us. Player, manager, coach... anyone. Unless you're jumping up from a far inferior club or coming to the end of your playing career, you would be insane to come here.

It's this for me that truly confirms our demise. I remember looking at players going to Pool under Hodgson and thinking why the feck would they choose that option. That's us.

Hate to be depressing and over the top, but you're plucking at strings which simply don't exist to suggest otherwise.

Worst thing is, I think we've got a way to fall yet.

Enigma_87

You know who
Takes time to flush the bad players and build a new team. He needs patience he’ll never get, but feck it, this toxic fanbase deserves this failure for acting like this every time. Reap what you sow.
Yup. A fanbase that tolerates such an inept manager day after day deserves this shitshow to be served week in and week out.

hobbers

There's obviously going to be some inconsistency with the current squad, but the Ole out brigade disappear when we win. It's not a shock that we have nights like tonight, but as I said, who do you think can give us more consistency?
Nope.

fergieisold

What 2nd half did you watch? How many chances did we create in that half? All we did was pushing further up and allow further space to be exploited by City. Thankfully Sterling was utter shit so the scoreline didn't become embarrassing.
Errrrm, you do know we won the second half? Seriously man, which game did you watch?

Is this a WUM? It's a stretch to say we were good. We were average and City stopped playing.
See above.

Redo91

Posted this in the match day thread:

It pisses me off. I was listening to the UWS podcast recently (great podcast) and unbelievably someone said OGS was doing a great job! :eek: I think it was before the Watford game (that went well). I just don’t understand it. Do these people not care about the club? People keep pointing to games like Spurs and City (one-off games and short-term evidence) as proof that he is the man for the job long-term. Where is the logic in that?!

Also annoys me hearing weekly match goers talk as if their opinions carry more weight than others. Sure it would be more evident if they turn but I watch every game and go over to a few games a season so I don’t see what’s wrong with my opinion. I’ve seen enough to know he is not the man long-term.

Also his defenders biggest argument seems to be that he doesn’t have the players. I’m guessing they missed all the games this season that we lost to teams in the lower half this season then. I don’t know what the excuse is there because surely we have better players than Watford, Crystal Palace, etc.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We seem to say that every single time, it's always the players who happens to all be toxic or deadwoods and when a dozen of players have been sold and numerically replaced, we are back at square one they become deadwood too.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The “brigade” (vomit) absolutely do not disappear when we win. There are an absolute litany of posts after wins with people saying he’s still not the man so you’re just lying.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I mean, if you're one of the 'I don't think a new manager will fix shit' indifferent type of guys I sort of get it. But Christ, if anybody is truly 'Ole in' at this point you guys need a group therapy.

Pav1878

Oh shut up mate. How much of this crap are we as a fanbase supposed to take before enough is enough.

You can call us toxic but the toxicity comes from fans like you who refuse to see what's in front of your eyes.

The only people reaping what they sow are ed and the board

Enigma_87

You know who
Winning couple of games here and there is something to gloat about, get a grip?

Who out of the fans that want him out has ever turned?

What's the point of repeating he's inept after every game including when we occasionally win?

LJJT

He got it terribly wrong first half today, don’t think he’s ever got it so wrong in a game before. We did go in to the game with depleted squad, we are still paying the price for ten years of shit recruitment, city where really on form the first half, first goal was a wonder goal, players on the pitch have to take some responsibility- jones and lindelof holding hands marking no one all game. Terrible game but I genuinely don’t think with this squad/injuries we could be a great deal better or worse. We need to recruit top players ASAP

vidic blood & sand

Yeah we're all just spoiled kids who had it too good, the club and fans don't deserve anything but suffering and SAF's record after record broken for the wrong reasons. Feck CL football or winning any trophies for another decade, we have Ole at the wheel who'll steer us to a comfortable 7th place season in, season out while our rivals clean up. Stupid spoiled kids their fans are too.
Everyone's hurting, but changing manager after manager isn't the answer. If Ole gets a huge amount of money to invest in the squad, especially in midfield, and he still can't improve the consistency, then for me it's time to consider if he's right.

GeordieRed

Zero point being Ole in. Zero point being Ole out.

If the last 6 years has taught us anything, it's that the rot lies far far deeper.
Absolutely this for me. As much as I love Ole for what he did for this club as a player, it’s hard to kid yourself that he’s doing a good job.

However I have such little confidence that any manager, whatever their quality, could succeed under this regime that jumping on the “Ole Out” train seems pointless.

theREDMAN

I must admit I have wanted Poch or Ten Haag while Jose was in charge so I may be a little bias; however, it is obvious to see Ole is not the guy. I did not want him to get the job in the first place but the way we were playing and the buzz around the place made me understand why Ole got the permanent position. Will sacking him and bringing in ANY coach fix United? NO. No one is deluded enough to think that. The biggest issue at United is ED. He runs the show and until he is out and there are proper football guys or a DOF in place, this will long continue. My issue with OIe is that he has changed his coaching style since his rift with Herrera last season. We played attacking/pressing 4-3-3 and yet all of this season all we have seen is counter-attacking 4-2-3-1 tactics that work well against some teams (notably the "big" teams because apparently we are not one of those anymore). I hate to say it but when you watch teams like Leicester or hold on while I vomit, LEEDS, play it is obvious they are coached on a different level than United at the moment. While I will hear the argument that "Ole doesn't have the players to play the way he wants," I can promise you our squad is better than Leeds. Do we have a great roster? NO, but we are better than we are playing. So many comments like, "What did you expect from this roster and this team this year?" My answer would be, a plan B maybe?

hobbers

Everyone's hurting, but changing manager after manager isn't the answer. If Ole gets a huge amount of money to invest in the squad, especially in midfield, and he still can't improve the consistency, then for me it's time to consider if he's right.
Changing someone who is comfortably the worst manager in the league to a better manager is, quite obviously, part of the answer.

Enigma_87

You know who
He got it terribly wrong first half today, don’t think he’s ever got it so wrong in a game before. We did go in to the game with depleted squad, we are still paying the price for ten years of shit recruitment, city where really on form the first half, first goal was a wonder goal, players on the pitch have to take some responsibility- jones and lindelof holding hands marking no one all game. Terrible game but I genuinely don’t think with this squad/injuries we could be a great deal better or worse. We need to recruit top players ASAP
Which top player, in their right mind, will come to play under Ole? You have to be seriously deluded to think a top player will agree to join a League One level manager, unless we choke him with money.

Toblerone92

The Ole in brigade most likely enjoy watching other men from cities around the country bang their beloved wives at 3pm every Saturday.

Robbie Boy

People that align themselves to 'brigades' are hilarious. Ole is not the man for job, it's that simple. He's going to be sacked sooner or later and this is all just a long, painful wait that we're having to endure. Anyone thinking that people that want him out disappear after a win are totally fecking deluded and obviously only read what they want.

The 'in' crowd are the cringy ones that started a thread about some fecking brigade they joined and wear it like it's a badge of honour. The 'in' crowd also fail to see their sheer hypocrisy and are so convinced that they're right that it's bordering on total delusion at this point.

Lentwood

Oh they can. Just look at the OP.
What the knee-jerkers, the Internet nerds, the glory hunters, the forum tacticians, the FIFA players have never, and will never, understand about those who back Ole is that we don’t base our opinions on what happens in one game, one month or even one season

The clubs a shambles, we’ve been ran disgustingly poorly for seven years now and that’s manifested itself in games like tonight where Phil Jones, Andreas Pereira, two 18yo’s and Jesse Lingard take on one of the best teams to ever play the game

We could have lost 28-0 tonight it wouldn’t have changed my opinion about any of our managers even 1%

dove

It is a fecking answer, sticking with someone absolutely useless at his job is clearly not. Liverpool got lucky with the manager so can we.

Roboc7

There are teams in the Championship being managed/coached to a much higher standard. That’s not a criticism of Ole just the reality of his ability, changing the manager clearly doesn’t solve all our issues but persisting with Ole makes zero sense.

sect2k

Errrrm, you do know we won the second half? Seriously man, which game did you watch?
Won second half? This is worst than RAWK at it's lowest. Just needs more poetry about our mighty tactics and valiant effort, PoP style.

vidic blood & sand

Winning couple of games here and there is something to gloat about, get a grip?

Who out of the fans that want him out has ever turned?

What's the point of repeating he's inept after every game including when we occasionally win?
I don't think he's being inept. He's giving the players a very fair shot at saving their careers this season. If I read him right, this season was about resetting. Building a squad from scratch.
The squad lacks serious quality, but the players he's brought in have been good signings. He knows there has to be continued improvement.

passing-wind

Anybody bashing Ole - please tell me you really think we'd lose today with Pogba, McTominay, Maguire, Martial starting? It's not Ole's fault his options are fecking Jones and Lingard, this squad has been run to the ground be the men above him. Sure, he's not an elite manager, but our squad is a complete joke atm ZERO depth
What difference does it make, did you come up with the same thesis when we lost to Palace at home with NO injuries ? As if when we have our full first team we are unstoppable :nono:

OLLY ORANGE

Why should i have any confidence in Ole as our manager in running Manchester United from what we've seen of him or for what he's achieved in football at other clubs?
Looking for any glimpses of lights?

Enigma_87

You know who
Yup, Liverpool should've stuck with Hodgson or Dalglish instead of changing 4 managers in what 5-6 years? They would've been much better off now would they?

Shark

@NotShark
It's not the answer when you appoint rookies and over the hill managers and have a CEO like Woodward on top of that making things even worse. Why can't people just accept that we're a shambles from top to bottom and Ole is indeed part of that because it was lunacy to give him this job.