The “Ole In” Brigade

jamesjimmybyrondean

The long term rebuilding plans that are clearly in place. Getting rid of all toxic shit in the squad, working on the cohesive transfer policy that seems to be in place.

A rebuild takes time, people just need some patience.

Ripping up the plans and starting again every 2 years has hardly worked out well for United since Fergie left.

As for Poch, a guy that won nothing with a far better bunch of players that he'd be working with a United would not guarantee any improvement.

Whoever manages this United would need time and patience to make meaningful changes to United's long term outlook.
If there's a longterm rebuild that is clearly in place like you say. If we are getting rid of toxic shit like you say. And if we have a cohesive transfer policy like you say. I mean you do know this is a DoFs job and DoFs sacks their managers for underperforming and hire another one. When this happens does the DOF scrap his long term plan and transfer policy because of a new manager? If it's the club that's rebuilding then it shouldn't be reliant on the manager in charge.

As for Poch.. A guy that built up that better squad that people criticize for winning nothing and took them to the champions league final and consistent top 4, something we've been unable to achieve or even come close to since Ferguson will be an improvement

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The long term rebuilding plans that are clearly in place. Getting rid of all toxic shit in the squad, working on the cohesive transfer policy that seems to be in place.

Ripping up the plans and starting again every 2 years has hardly worked out well for United since Fergie left.

As for Poch, a guy that won nothing with a far better bunch of players that he'd be working with a United would not guarantee any improvement.

Whoever manages this United would need time and patience to make meaningful changes to United's long term outlook.
Blind faith. We’re 8th mate. 8th.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I've not changed the goal posts. I listen all the players from both Chelsea and Spurs that clearly highlight that they have stronger squads than United.

You ridiculed my post and said I must be kidding. So I listed a mix of players from both squads that walk into United's team anyday.

Make your mind up, so Chelsea and Spurs have better squads than Ole is coping with???
We can go round the block as many times as you want but I no way agree that Spurs and Chelsea have better squads than us.

Spurs don't have a better keeper than us. Spurs don't have a better defence than us. Even without Pogba I wouldn't say they have a better midfield than us. Winks when he's good he's very good but that isn't very often. Dier I don't know how he's a professional footballer, Ndombele has been injured so much it's hard to see how good/bad he really is. Lo Celso has yet to come to terms with the PL. Wanyama wouldn't get near our team. Dele on the last few seasons form wouldn't get near our team. Moura is a very hit and miss player. Son would walk into our team and so would Kane but as he's out until almost the end of the season he won't affect the run in too much for CL places.

You look now at the Chelsea squad and it does look better than ours but at the start of the season not many people gave them a hope of CL football. Last seasons Jorginho, Kovacic Pedro, Willian and even Kante were far from their best, Pulisic is very hit and miss, their youngsters like CHO, Mount and Abraham wouldn't be guaranteed starters for us, Reece James although I rate him highly wouldn't start over our own £50m RB, Alonso, Azpil and Barkley wouldn't get in our team. Tomori wouldn't start over Lindelof, Rudiger would.

I'd say at best the respective squads are at a pretty similar level. What's going to make the difference is the coaching so we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

el3mel

Before start of the season everyone was predicting Chelsea to finish 5th or 6th and thoughy they were totally fecked and that was solidified by the first match in the season but now that they ended up having a better season than us and have been a consistent top 4 while we are languishing outside it for the entire season they suddenly have a better squad than us. I like the continuous narrative changing from Ole supporters. For them any club that is doing better than us is just doing it because they have better players.

Roboc7

It’s very simple now, Ole starts doing a much better job or he’s sacked in the summer. Long term plans are irrelevant when you are performing this badly and club won’t allow it to continue.

Ole isn’t offering anything that someone else can’t, he’s just highlighting a better manager is needed. If we had a better manager this season we’d be higher in the table with more points.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
My point is that NOBODY is going to do much with the current squad at United. No point sacking Ole to let anothet manager fail with this sqaud. We should let Ole build on what he's trying to do, a long term plan - rather than rip it up and start again, with no guarantee that would achieve anything.
Nobody is going to do much better than ole? He's ole. Not alex Ferguson

SSSSnake

Ole isn’t a coach!! He isn’t getting the best out of the current squad so I think it’s wrong to say anyone else coming in couldn’t do better. Poch would thrive with this squad.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
Yep that's fair, but he does need to do a bit more himself to get chances to score. Too often he's happy being a playmaker with the ball to feet, rather than being there for a tap in.
That is true. He needs to be more desperate to score a goal and be a bit more selfish in and around the box. Lets hope its down to him not playing up top for a while and nothing else.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You can't say my experience in real life Manchester are't true. The vitriol and mass hysteria that seems normal on Redcafe does not reflect the mood on the ground here.
I live and work in Manchester and the idea that nobody here wants him out was met with the only suitable response; laughter.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Deadwood includes the manager.

Gehrman

We're 9th actually...
Ole took over a squad that finished 2nd the previous season and now with his magical touch we are 9th. With another summer window we may have a better squad than sheffeild united.

I live and work in Manchester and the idea that nobody here wants him out was met with the only suitable response; laughter.
As i clearly state 'in my experience' everyone I know and chat to in Manchester thinks there's no point sacking Ole at this stage.

Laugh all you want. I remember when we laughed at sacking clubs.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
As i clearly state 'in my experience' everyone I know and chat to in Manchester thinks there's no point sacking Ole at this stage.

Every club is a sacking club ffs.

Managers get paid millions - they have to deliver. There isn't a single club that will give a failing manager a job for life.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Who exactly is "we"? Because it's one of the most ridiculous notion and only few people actually think that it makes any sense, if the club followed that logic SAF would have never joined us in the middle of the season.

AFC NimbleThumb

We’ve recently extended the contract of Andreas Periera - there is nothing more toxic than his mediocrity accompanied with the fact he can play as bad as he does to be back in the team the next week but yes selling Pogba is the answer.

Rebuilds do indeed take time but you also need to rebuild with quality; asset stripping the likes of Lakaku & [potentially] Pogba whilst extending the likes of Mata & Periera isn’t a good thing; I don’t care how people attempt to dress it. Fernandes in, Herrera out. It’s one good move after one bad move; & counterproductive.

Persisting with something that isn’t working isn’t a sign of patience it’s a sign of stupidity; the squad is far from ideal but the manager isn’t even delivering on minimal expectations; the man has coached down to the weaknesses of the squad instead of finding its strengths & coaching it up.

Funny how your ‘clear signs of this rebuild’ have nothing to do with the product on the pitch because as is usually the case with ‘OgS defendants’ there’s nothing on the pitch to show signs of progression/hope.

Every club is a sacking club ffs.

Managers get paid millions - they have to deliver. There isn't a single club that will give a failing manager a job for life.
You don't know what the term sacking club means.

United have long had a culture of giving managers a fair amount of time. Only recently has this changed. But seems the club are trying to restore some of the core values again.

Who exactly is "we"? Because it's one of the most ridiculous notion and only few people actually think that it makes any sense, if the club followed that logic SAF would have never joined us in the middle of the season.
Big Ron had plenty of time and money to make it work at United. Ultimately failure and other 'antics' got him fired. United always gave managers a fair go

JPRouve

Scout
Big Ron had plenty of time and money to make it work at United. Ultimately failure and other 'antics' got him fired. United always gave managers a fair go
All clubs give a manager a fair go, none of them want the manager to fail. And all of them are sacking clubs because they sack underperforming managers.

Gehrman

Very persuasive arguement
I don't know if you are being sarcastic, but there just like there is no point in holding unto sub-par players there is no point in holding onto a sub-par manager considering that he is the most important man in the club.

Kostov

It’s the 16th of February and we have amassed a total of 35 points. What possible argument someone could make for the manager of a team with that points tally?

JPRouve

Scout
Seems harsh but acceptable in the case of Jose Mourinho :)
I was talking about Atkinson, United didn't show a whole lot of patience and rightfully so, when you consider that Alex Ferguson, the Jurgen Klopp of 1986, was available. In the case of Ole, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that we currently have 9 wins in 25 games and people actually try to argue that it's acceptable or justifiable, we don't even have the luxury of relying on Ole's past successes.

L1nk

Arsenal have only won 3 matches in their last 18 and they are 1 point behind us

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Blind faith. We’re 8th mate. 8th.
We're 9th actually...
Arsenal have only won 3 matches in their last 18 and they are 1 point behind us
There difference between 4th & 11th is currently 7 points - get over yourselves.

The league is tight this year and you’re using it as a way of getting a dig in on Ole.

Win tomorrow and we go up two places. A lot can change in a couple matches

If we were still 5th with a 3point gap going into the match tomorrow would you use the league position as a stick to hit him with. No no you wouldn’t.

Bet half of you didn’t even read the Shaw article

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There difference between 4th & 11th is currently 7 points - get over yourselves.

The league is tight this year and you’re using it as a way of getting a dig in on Ole.

Win tomorrow and we go up two places. A lot can change in a couple matches

If we were still 5th with a 3point gap going into the match tomorrow would you use the league position as a stick to hit him with. No no you wouldn’t.

Bet half of you didn’t even read the Shaw article
9th in February mate. You Ole-in’ers have to be trolling at this point. You’re going on like being 5th would be some sort of accomplishment, we’re Manchester United ffs!

“We’re 9th in 2/3s into the season, but a few wins & we might get 5th! Providing the mighty Sheffield United & Wolverhampton Wanderers slip up! The good times roll on!”

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s the 16th of February and we have amassed a total of 35 points. What possible argument someone could make for the manager of a team with that points tally?
Close this thread!

A factual sentence no OgS defendant would dare to interact with because the its indisputable; there’s no defence for the man.

To be sacked in November during the only calendar year where you have actually disappointing results.
Not really the case though - he was seen as not ever going to have to ability to lead us to the title, season before lead for ages but crumbled and ended up 4th. Key players like Wilkins and Hughes left and many fans were starting to think that Big Ron had taken us as far as he could.

Also allegedly shagging the wife of another MUFC member of staff didn't help his cause with the board!