The “Ole In” Brigade

Mainoldo

The issue here is that you criticised Ole blindly and being ignorant of what he has done, chose to look at irrelevant thing and ignore the much bigger and more important picture.

For example, you were arguing us not making progress under him for getting into 3rd place last season due to 66 points, in reality you are ignoring the bigger picture that he needs to move 2 step backward in order to move 4 step forward.

66 points is one of the step backwards he needed to take because he needed to rebuild the squad again after losing some first team players like Lukaku, Herrera, Smalling, Valencia and etc and also players like Matic & Mata were ageing. The rebuild what he did last season was to bring Maguire, Bissaka, Bruno (came in end of January) to replace players he lost, develop youth players like Greenwood for example, improve players like Martial, Rashford, Fred and etc, as a result we had 14 league games unbeaten run last season. These are part of step forwards that we called making progress last season.

Another example, you critcised his football style and you called it similar to Jose just based on irrelevant logic of not dominating in possession. In reality possession is not how you view football style.
I get it and what you have to understand is I’ve made trillions of points. Which I’m sure your aware of. My opinions have become very dumbed down over time just because of not seeing eye to eye with others and it saves long debates.

But the main gist of it is.. in his first season (interim one) it became very clear to me that his not good enough to take us from where we was to as an example where Klopp had Liverpool. That take a certain type of elitism which I believe he doesn’t have.

Has he done a good job.. yes. I believed he would have got sacked ages ago and probably would have if Woodward didn’t fear looking even more of clueless t*at people already think he is. But right now I’m very happy we are in a good position and we look like we can compete for a title. Does he take credit for that of course he does but what I don’t like is how people don’t believe the team that is currently there should not be where they are. That Make sense?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I'm newbie here and my mother language is not English. So, sorry for my language mistakes here.

I want to share my opinion on OGS.
When OGS is recruited to be the interim manager, I had euphoria but actually I prefer Zidane to be our manager.

Then, OGS made the unbeaten runs as an interim manager, I begin to trust OGS. After that I heard that he was willing to be permanent manager with a condition that was he need support for his long term plan to return the Man United mental to the players.
He began to dispose deadwoods, and recruit fresh, eager and not some money orientation players for quick fix.

I knew that what he aimed is not winning the title in one or two seasons, but to build the players' mental to be ready to fight for the title.

The process will be slow and painful, but what OGS did until now is a great thing, since in his second season the mental of the players has already changed much. The physique of the players is getting tougher, and now I can see that he rotates many players and make every player in the first team are ready to be played anytime. This will reduce injury proneness and fatigue, and also the players are happy because they know they will not sit on the bench for all time and have a chance to be played.

Let's hope that OGS can keep these things and we are back to the winning track once more.
What a cracking post. Fantastic English as well,

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I'm newbie here and my mother language is not English. So, sorry for my language mistakes here.

When OGS is recruited to be the interim manager, I had euphoria but actually I prefer Zidane to be our manager.

Then, OGS made the unbeaten runs as an interim manager, I begin to trust OGS. After that I heard that he was willing to be permanent manager with a condition that was he need support for his long term plan to return the Man United mental to the players.
He began to dispose deadwoods, and recruit fresh, eager and not some money orientation players for quick fix.

I knew that what he aimed is not winning the title in one or two seasons, but to build the players' mental to be ready to fight for the title.

The process will be slow and painful, but what OGS did until now is a great thing, since in his second season the mental of the players has already changed much. The physique of the players is getting tougher, and now I can see that he rotates many players and make every player in the first team are ready to be played anytime. This will reduce injury proneness and fatigue, and also the players are happy because they know they will not sit on the bench for all time and have a chance to be played.

Let's hope that OGS can keep these things and we are back to the winning track once more.
Great post.

Don't worry about your English, from my experience, us foreigners write better English grammar than the Brits does :lol:

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Then why did you post this:

“ Hes a shit manager. We might win today but it won't change the fact that hes awful at his job.”

Less than a month ago?
Honestly, you're a weirdo. I don't understand you and I don't care to. You've got some serious issues that you should sort out.

Icemav

Great point about the physicality of players changing along with the mental toughness. Some of our players are a bit mote mature now but there was definitely the feeling or reality that we got bullied a hell of a lot. Now we are a strong team that fights and scraps for victory and the oppositon knows they are in for a battle.

Lentwood

Good post

arthurka

The league won't be won or lost against Liverpool. Its worth remembering there's still 22 games left in this season.
Agree but it's a statement for either team to make. I've been pro Ole since he came, have had my doubts through out his time though, that CL debacle was one the times. But you had to be blind not to see the team building, freshing up the squad, change of attitude towards the game and media, youth and I could go on and on.

But in the other hand he hasn't implemented a clear path or style and has used 5 systems this season with 3 variations of 4-4-2 to add to it. But the positives clearly outweigh the negatives even when I thought he was at his lowest I have always said he should finish this season because it was clear for me that who ever would be here next would inherit a much better team and state of the club than Ole ever got post The Portuguese Grinch.

Green_Red

Agree but it's a statement for either team to make. I've been pro Ole since he came, have had my doubts through out his time though, that CL debacle was one the times. But you had to be blind not to see the team building, freshing up the squad, change of attitude towards the game and media, youth and I could go on and on.

But in the other hand he hasn't implemented a clear path or style and has used 5 systems this season with 3 variations of 4-4-2 to add to it. But the positives clearly outweigh the negatives even when I thought he was at his lowest I have always said he should finish this season because it was clear for me that who ever would be here next would inherit a much better team and state of the club than Ole ever got post The Portuguese Grinch.
I think we pretty much have very similar views about Ole. I'm not blinded by the fact of who he is or anything like that. I can see the improvements, and was also wary of the bad patch at the start of the season but he has recovered it well in the league. He still needs to prove himself over the rest of the season for me. Anything could happen in the remaining 22 games and any team all the way to 6th is still in any title race really. Hes doing well and deserves his plaudits but there's there's long road ahead and if he deserves credit when it's due, he'll also deserve criticism if it's needed. The 22 games is a huge factor in how we should be looking at our current position though.

OleBoiii

A message to the sneaky Ole outers who suddenly act as if they weren't toxic as feck up until very recently:

sp_107

After 7/8 years, I started enjoying UTD. It is such a difficult 12 months period for everyone because of COVID situation and I am glad Ole brought something back to look forward in every match

With out my beloved UTD playing so well again It could have been a very difficult lock down time....so I hail Ole for giving something to UTS fans.

Di Maria's angel

What issues are they?
You dig through posts to prove that human beings can change opinions. How pathetic is your life? It's a Sunday afternoon and you've literally got nothing better to do. Come'on man - I feel sorry for you.

It's a weird obsession to have. I mean, you spend ages trying to convince others of your point and opinion and when they concede that you may, in fact, be right, you call them "bullshit". Like I said, you and others have major issues. This forum seems to have too a strong a bearing on some peoples lives.

I'm loving this period under Ole. You've proven that the only thing you, and some others, care about is being right.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
You dig through posts to prove that human beings can change opinions. How pathetic is your life? It's a Sunday afternoon and you've literally got nothing better to do. Come'on man - I feel sorry for you.

It's a weird obsession to have. I mean, you spend ages trying to convince others of your point and opinion and when they concede that you may, in fact, be right, you call them "bullshit". Like I said, you and others have major issues. This forum seems to have too a strong a bearing on some peoples lives.

I'm loving this period under Ole. You've proven that the only thing you, and some others, care about is being right.
Just checking, when you bumped your own thread a week after I posted in it when we’d gone out the CL... that was different to what I’m doing how?

FatherWolff

So you are now supporting Ole? You made some strong statements, so after this speech. Are you now behind him?

RedTiger

Half mast

Good post.

Matriac

Just checking, when you bumped your own thread a week after I posted in it when we’d gone out the CL... that was different to what I’m doing how?

I don't think I have directly interacted with that person before so I didn't have that type of memory/motivation, but even I remember the name as being one of the most negative voices not long ago. If I was a little more bored today I could have easily done a quick search for something along the lines of what you found, I'm sure it didn't take you long.

MattofManchester

Can we not clear ever single Ole in and Out thread, because they're just factioning an entire fanbase and it's annoying having every second thread being one of the two.

There is no fecking need to justify your own opinions through giant bloody threads.

Matriac

Am I not allowed to?

Didn't know you guys owned the rights to supporting.
I guess what people are thinking is that since you were against him just a month ago, how much time are you willing to give him now? What would it take for you to want him out again?

Dante

Average bang
Great point about the physicality of players changing along with the mental toughness. Some of our players are a bit mote mature now but there was definitely the feeling or reality that we got bullied a hell of a lot. Now we are a strong team that fights and scraps for victory and the oppositon knows they are in for a battle.
I don't think our physicality has necessarily increased. When Ole took over, we still had Lukaku and Fellaini in the squad.

What I believe @Mattzo means is that our fitness levels have increased. We've finally got a settled XI that can be relied upon for the vast majority of matches and players like Maguire who rarely get injured. That's a far cry from being dependent on sicknotes like Jones and Rojo.

Di Maria's angel

I guess what people are thinking is that since you were against him just a month ago, how much time are you willing to give him now? What would it take for you to want him out again?
Who cares? Why does it affect you or anyone else so much? Like I said, it's fecking weird. Ultimately, I support Man United and want the best for the club regardless of who is in charge.

You can complain when we're Ole out and you're complaining when we're Ole in.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
A message to the sneaky Ole outers who suddenly act as if they weren't toxic as feck up until very recently:

This is certainly now going to be a thing on here, and there will be a number of posters who have backed Ole all the way feeling rather resentful about it. I understand that. They are right to be. Its been bloody hard to be an Ole backer on this site over the last 18 months.

Matriac

Who cares? Why does it affect you or anyone else so much? Like I said, it's fecking weird. Ultimately, I support Man United and want the best for the club regardless of who is in charge.

You can complain when we're Ole out and you're complaining when we're Ole in.
I'm not complaining that you are supporting the manager now. But you used some harsh words before, so people are curious as to what changed your mind?

Most of those "Ole in" over the last year has seen the signs of what's happening now, we believed that as a team we were on the right path and our results would get better. That we needed some more recruitment and for the team to play together and improve.

We're delighted with how everything is going right now. And I'll still be even if lose the carabao semi-final and at Anfield. Though I do think we have good chances at winning both if the players heads are in it on the days.
But as long as we finish top 4 with more points than last year I'll be satisfied. Not happy, but satisfied

Di Maria's angel

This is certainly now going to be a thing on here, and there will be a number of posters who have backed Ole all the way feeling rather resentful about it. I understand that. They are right to be. Its been bloody hard to be an Ole backer on this site over the last 18 months.
Then that's on you. It's not normal to be affected by comments made by people you don't even know. You guys are acting like you just fought a war and are suffering from PTSD. Get a fecking grip.

Also as for your comment above, I don't really care whether you think I deserve to or not. I'll continue supporting the club like I've done for most of my existence.

Counterfactual

Can we call a ceasefire now?

Ole was appointed in Dec 2018 (caretaker initially). He learned on the job, which pretty much anyone would have to do, and we're now second in the league at New Year, having won 10 of 16 league games.

Can we agree that he's earned the right to take us to the end of this season at least?

(this post was brought to you by the Overly Optimistic Society)

Di Maria's angel

I'm not complaining that you are supporting the manager now. But you used some harsh words before, so people are curious as to what changed your mind?

Most of those "Ole in" over the last year has seen the signs of what's happening now, we believed that as a team we were on the right path and our results would get better. That we needed some more recruitment and for the team to play together and improve.

We're delighted with how everything is going right now. And I'll still be even if lose the carabao semi-final and at Anfield. Though I do think we have good chances at winning both if the players heads are in it on the days.
But as long as we finish top 4 with more points than last year I'll be satisfied. Not happy, but satisfied
I'd have to type an essay. I didn't really back the decision to appoint him as manager and up until recently, there were far too many ups and downs for me to change my mind on it. As for the harsh words, lets not act like Ole's the only one who gets criticised. I'm sure the angels in this thread have had harsh words to say about our current and previous players/managers.

Your question is so odd. Have you never changed your mind on anything before? If you guys prefer, I can continue criticising and moaning about him?

What is it you guys want from this forum? It's very Nazi like to expect everyone to share the same opinion as you and then to question/grill them for changing their minds.

Zen86

I'd have to type an essay. I didn't really back the decision to appoint him as manager and up until recently, there were far too many ups and downs for me to change my mind on it. As for the harsh words, lets not act like Ole's the only one who gets criticised. I'm sure the angels in this thread have had harsh words to say about our current and previous players/managers.

Your question is so odd. Have you never changed your mind on anything before? If you guys prefer, I can continue criticising and moaning about him?

What is it you guys want from this forum? It's very Nazi like to expect everyone to share the same opinion as you and then to question/grill them for changing their minds.
Calm down, we’re just curious as to when Ole stopped being a clueless PE teacher

Di Maria's angel

Calm down, we’re just curious as to when Ole stopped being a clueless PE teacher
Never called him a PE teacher. I am calm. I just find it odd that one comment seems to have provoked so many. That too, a comment showing support for someone I've criticised a lot since he was appointed.

All you guys have done for months is cry about the Ole outers and when some change their opinions, you keep fecking crying. Grow up.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Then that's on you. It's not normal to be affected by comments made by people you don't even know. You guys are acting like you just fought a war and are suffering from PTSD. Get a fecking grip.

Also as for your comment above, I don't really care whether you think I deserve to or not. I'll continue supporting the club like I've done for most of my existence.
:lol: Can't help but agree a bit. It's just a game and we're all just folks wasting hours away on a forum.

That being said, I can also understand if the Ole In brigade wants to be smug about it.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

The whole point is that after insulting our manager, calling him an idiot and saying that everyone who supports him is delusional for years, it then sticks in the craw somewhat when you don’t expect any pushback when you’re happy he is now here.

The reason it’s slightly mystifying is because everything I’ve said to you for the last few years you’ve argued against - called me an idiot for suggesting them - and now seem to think “well actually Ole is really good.”

It’ll mean less to you when we do well. That’s the simple point. If Ole does ever do well, you’ve insulted and criticised him at such a stupid level that you’ll have no recourse but to feel ashamed.

For the last few years (a decade for me) I’ve just been trying to support the club. I’ve wanted the best long term action. I’ve gone to games, spent hundreds but never stopped being a Manchester United supporter. The amount of vitriol and abuse our team get here isn’t normal, and it isn’t healthy. Hence why you have your back up now; you know there is no excusing your old posts at this point.

May this be a lesson you (and others) learn from in the future. It is better to throw yourself behind your team, keep supporting them and look for the positives rather than moan about anything.

Di Maria's angel

The whole point is that after insulting our manager, calling him an idiot and saying that everyone who supports him is delusional for years, it then sticks in the craw somewhat when you don’t expect any pushback when you’re happy he is now here.

The reason it’s slightly mystifying is because everything I’ve said to you for the last few years you’ve argued against - called me an idiot for suggesting them - and now seem to think “well actually Ole is really good.”

It’ll mean less to you when we do well. That’s the simple point. If Ole does ever do well, you’ve insulted and criticised him at such a stupid level that you’ll have no recourse but to feel ashamed.

For the last few years (a decade for me) I’ve just been trying to support the club. I’ve wanted the best long term action. I’ve gone to games, spent hundreds but never stopped being a Manchester United supporter. The amount of vitriol and abuse our team get here isn’t normal, and it isn’t healthy. Hence why you have your back up now; you know there is no excusing your old posts at this point.

May this be a lesson you (and others) learn from in the future. It is better to throw yourself behind your team, keep supporting them and look for the positives rather than moan about anything.
Never said that.

You need to understand that I support the club. I want to club to do well. I don't support a player nor manager.

Get off your high horse. You whined throughout the whole of the Mourinho era even before he was officially appointed. You're a hypocrite of a different nature. I'm no longer interested in engaging in a conversation with you (not that I ever was).

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Never said that.

You need to understand that I support the club. I want to club to do well. I don't support a player nor manager.

Get off your high horse. You whined throughout the whole of the Mourinho era even before he was officially appointed. You're a hypocrite of a different nature. I'm no longer interested in engaging in a conversation with you.
I most certainly did not whine through the whole Mourinho era. However, if you can not see why the fanbase as a whole has a different response for Ole compared to Mourinho ... you just don’t get it.