The “Ole In” Brigade

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I guess what people are thinking is that since you were against him just a month ago, how much time are you willing to give him now? What would it take for you to want him out again?
Probably if we get knocked out of Carling cup or lose to Liverpool. It will show Ole is out of his depth again

Zen86

Never called him a PE teacher. I am calm. I just find it odd that one comment seems to have provoked so many. That too, a comment showing support for someone I've criticised a lot since he was appointed.

All you guys have done for months is cry about the Ole outers and when some change their opinions, you keep fecking crying. Grow up.
You’re a bit delusional if you didn’t expect some stick after suddenly changing your mind, considering how staunch (and insulting) you have been with your views. Deal with it.

p.s welcome to the cult of Ole In!

OleBoiii

Could we change the thread title to 'The "Ole In" Brigade aka The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen'?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
You’re a bit delusional if you didn’t expect some stick after suddenly changing your mind, considering how staunch (and insulting) you have been with your views. Deal with it.

Wait why? Why would I get stick for having an opinion? Other than calling him a "shit manager", I don't think I've ever insulted Ole as a person.

I'll say it again, some of you guys are really weird. Also I think I'm going to pass on the invitation.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Even without trophies he's the best manager post Fergie. The best part is that we seem to only be getting better, unlike under the other coaches. That is the most important part at the end of the day.

He's created a team of fighters who are entertaining to watch. He keeps a cool head and gives the media no ammunition what-so-ever. And now we're averaging 2.1 points per game and have the same amount of points as the leaders. Imagine if we had a consistent goalscorer like Cole, RVN, Rooney, Ronaldo or RVP. We'd be flying.
Without the trophies of Jose or LVG history won't show him as such though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

The cult of being joint top on points.

I like this cult.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I get it and what you have to understand is I’ve made trillions of points. Which I’m sure your aware of. My opinions have become very dumbed down over time just because of not seeing eye to eye with others and it saves long debates.

But the main gist of it is.. in his first season (interim one) it became very clear to me that his not good enough to take us from where we was to as an example where Klopp had Liverpool. That take a certain type of elitism which I believe he doesn’t have.

Has he done a good job.. yes. I believed he would have got sacked ages ago and probably would have if Woodward didn’t fear looking even more of clueless t*at people already think he is. But right now I’m very happy we are in a good position and we look like we can compete for a title. Does he take credit for that of course he does but what I don’t like is how people don’t believe the team that is currently there should not be where they are. That Make sense?
In order to move 4 step forwards, you need to take 2 step backwards first because there were problems and ageing players in the team thus he needs to rebuild again. You are focusing too much on the 2 step backwards but ignoring the benefits and the step forwards of the progress he showed. Which I’m sure you remember I keep telling you that you are not looking at the bigger picture.

Icemav

I don't think our physicality has necessarily increased. When Ole took over, we still had Lukaku and Fellaini in the squad.

What I believe @Mattzo means is that our fitness levels have increased. We've finally got a settled XI that can be relied upon for the vast majority of matches and players like Maguire who rarely get injured. That's a far cry from being dependent on sicknotes like Jones and Rojo.
Definitely fitness is better. Sure we had some strong players in the past but also many weak and/or slow ones. Martial and Rashford for instance are very hard to get the ball off now and press quite hard thoughout the game. Fred and Mctominay and Bruno are very tenacious. Pogba put in a shift at the weekend. Just overall we hunt and fight for the ball much harder these days and our team is overall stronger and faster. We do not have the soft underbelly of former teams and it allows us to play a more open and exciting game where we can go toe to toe.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Wait why? Why would I get stick for having an opinion? Other than calling him a "shit manager", I don't think I've ever insulted Ole as a person.

I'll say it again, some of you guys are really weird. Also I think I'm going to pass on the invitation.
Chat shit get banged

Withnail

This place will be fun when we inevitably drop points against a team we should be beating. We've capitalised on others poor form so far which we weren't doing last year but we are bound to hit a bad patch at some stage.

It's incredibly tight at the top, especially when you consider Villa in 7th have a game in hand. We'll see over the next 9 or 10 games if a few teams pull away from the pack and if we really are in a title race.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This place will be fun when we inevitably drop points against a team we should be beating. We've capitalised on others poor form so far which we weren't doing last year but we are bound to hit a bad patch at some stage.

It's incredibly tight at the top, especially when you consider Villa in 7th have a game in hand. We'll see over the next 9 or 10 games if a few teams pull away from the pack and if we really are in a title race.
Honestly, I don't think we can afford to drop more than 4-6 points till our game vs Newcastle (20th Feb). Our run in is not the easiest - we face Pool, Wolves and Leicester in our last 5, so need to seal CL by 32nd game and maybe try and have a 4-5 point lead before our game vs Pool at OT

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

I guaran-fecking-tee that shit loads of posters will pipe up with the 'should've got Poch while he was available' posts. With the usual demented suspects being to the fore.

sugar_kane

I guaran-fecking-tee that shit loads of posters will pipe up with the 'should've got Poch while he was available' posts. With the usual demented suspects being to the fore.
Honestly just add them to ignore, I've started doing it on a regular basis now and it's made the forum ten times more bearable.

Manny

Grammar Police
Ole outers are going to be flip flopping harder than Boris this season!

Verminator

I've had a job trying to convince outers to see the progress, but if I expended so much energy trying to change their minds, why would I then castigate them for doing just that?

Welcome to the fields of daisies and sunshine, one and all.
Wash away your sins in the Irwell, and be born again.
We have missed you, while you suffered and withered in the shadows.
Behold and rejoice! For he is the word, and his name is truth.(actually it's Ole)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Wait till we lose our next game. They'll be going mental. It'll also get worse after he has won his one-horse race in Ligue 1.

Anyway, they'll just move on to the next flavour of the month. Allegri will start to get more mentions I bet.

Mattzo

Great post.

Don't worry about your English, from my experience, us foreigners write better English grammar than the Brits does :lol:
Good post.
Thanks, these give me a bit of confidence :D

I don't think our physicality has necessarily increased. When Ole took over, we still had Lukaku and Fellaini in the squad.

What I believe @Mattzo means is that our fitness levels have increased. We've finally got a settled XI that can be relied upon for the vast majority of matches and players like Maguire who rarely get injured. That's a far cry from being dependent on sicknotes like Jones and Rojo.
yes I mean fitness levels, thank you for correcting.

All players including subs have good fitness level, ready to be played anytime, which means that tight schedule and fixtures are no problem for Man Utd.
We just need consistency now, and good mentality to bounce back when - for example - lose to Liverpool or any other teams.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
As an outsider I can only add this to the Ole debate. When the team were struggling and got knocked out of the CL my United mates, almost unanimously, did not rate Ole and wanted him out. My City mates were not that bothered and did not really rate United or Ole much around that time.

Forward to today. My United mates cannot quite believe how well they've done recently and are giving Ole a lot of credit for the great results and storming up the league. Others still don't believe he is the man for the long term. My City mates, the sensible ones, now think United can challenge and are a threat in the league which represents a big change to their opinions from a couple of months ago. But nobody can really explain quite how this big turnaround has occurred and Ole's part in it.

rotherham_red

Absolutely mate. Make no mistake about it, we're not at that stage yet to be properly competing on an even keel with Liverpool and City. The squad still has too many holes within it, and while we have the momentum for the first time in a while, this team, with a Covid season to boot with various extra games in a condensed time period will eventually wilt.

And do you know what, that's fine. We have done remarkably well to recover from our bad start and even poorer transfer window. My aim at the start of the season was sustaining Top 4 for the first time since SAF retired, and nothing I have seen from us, good and bad included, has made me deviate from that. If we're still neck and neck with them by the time the European games come round in late February, then I will be interested in seeing where we are vis-a-vis the title picture, but not until then.

lysglimt

Scout
Then why did you post this:

“ Hes a shit manager. We might win today but it won't change the fact that hes awful at his job.”

Less than a month ago?
Because he has been posting stuff like that for a good part of 12 months now ? Him and Foxbatt should deserve credit for sticking around at least - the majority of the 15 or so people I put on ignore for being clueless, stopped writing when we started winning matches.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
People are well within their rights to have a difference of opinion.

I can't begin to describe how petty the whole "I was right, you were wrong" shite is.

rotherham_red

Honestly, I don't think we can afford to drop more than 4-6 points till our game vs Newcastle (20th Feb). Our run in is not the easiest - we face Pool, Wolves and Leicester in our last 5, so need to seal CL by 32nd game and maybe try and have a 4-5 point lead before our game vs Pool at OT
I think it depends on how everyone else does tbh. The likes of Leicester, Everton, West Ham etc all have had their fair share of dodgy results and performances, and we have shown with this team that we have the propensity to go on long unbeaten runs. As long as the mentality is correct from the players, I think we'll be ok. Though with this season you just never know.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think it depends on how everyone else does tbh. The likes of Leicester, Everton, West Ham etc all have had their fair share of dodgy results and performances, and we have shown with this team that we have the propensity to go on long unbeaten runs. As long as the mentality is correct from the players, I think we'll be ok. Though with this season you just never know.
I'm expecting us to drop more points in the latter half of the season than Pool and City because of the fixtures. If it's just top 4 we're aiming for, we can definitely drop more than 4-6 points and be fine. However, in order to put up a serious title challenge, we'd need to be the leaders after the Newcastle game in order to give ourselves a chance of winning the league or pushing Pool/ City till the very very end

RedTiger

Half mast
People are well within their rights to have a difference of opinion.

I can't begin to describe how petty the whole "I was right, you were wrong" shite is.
Of course people are allowed to have a critical opinion, the issue is when they are so set in their opinion that they invariably ignore positive aspects of Ole's management.

There were plenty of times I wanted someone else to take over from Sir Alex. People like O'Neill, Hitzfeld and I even wanted LVG in the late 90s. I still backed our manager and I think he's the greatest Manager ever but I was still critical at times.

Ps, I still hold a tiny grudge against sir Alex for selling Jaap Stam :lol:

Withnail

Of course people are allowed to have a critical opinion, the issue is when they are so set in their opinion that they invariably ignore positive aspects of Ole's management.

There were plenty of times I wanted someone else to take over from Sir Alex. People like O'Neill, Hitzfeld and I even wanted LVG in the late 90s. I still backed our manager and I think he's the greatest Manager ever but I was still critical at times.

Ps, I still hold a tiny grudge against sir Alex for selling Jaap Stam :lol:
That was a terrible decision

Withnail

Absolutely mate. Make no mistake about it, we're not at that stage yet to be properly competing on an even keel with Liverpool and City. The squad still has too many holes within it, and while we have the momentum for the first time in a while, this team, with a Covid season to boot with various extra games in a condensed time period will eventually wilt.

And do you know what, that's fine. We have done remarkably well to recover from our bad start and even poorer transfer window. My aim at the start of the season was sustaining Top 4 for the first time since SAF retired, and nothing I have seen from us, good and bad included, has made me deviate from that. If we're still neck and neck with them by the time the European games come round in late February, then I will be interested in seeing where we are vis-a-vis the title picture, but not until then.
Yeah a proper title race this season would be an absolute bonus for me.

rotherham_red

I'm expecting us to drop more points in the latter half of the season than Pool and City because of the fixtures. If it's just top 4 we're aiming for, we can definitely drop more than 4-6 points and be fine. However, in order to put up a serious title challenge, we'd need to be the leaders after the Newcastle game in order to give ourselves a chance of winning the league or pushing Pool/ City till the very very end
Ah gotcha, though with the way Liverpool are going I'm not sure if we'd even need to be that consistent. I think if we're within 5 points of them by the time the Newcastle game is done, then we can definitely challenge because I don't see City and Liverpool having that consistency they had in previous seasons this time around with how many games are going to be played from February onwards.

Lentwood

What I think is worth noting is that most of the team who started last night vs Burnley are players who have previously been languishing in mid-table under LvG and Jose.

De Gea - SAF, Moyes, LvG, Jose
Shaw - LvG, Jose
AWB - Ole
Maguire - Ole
Bailly - Jose
Matic - Jose
Pogba - Jose
Fernandes - Ole
Rashford - LvG, Jose
Martial - LvG, Jose
Cavani - Ole

It’s not as if Ole has come in and signed 15 new players. Yes we have added a bit of quality but most of the lads who start regularly have significantly improved since Ole took over.

Not bad for a PE teacher who oversees a “poorly coached side”

Steve Bruce

What I think is worth noting is that most of the team who started last night vs Burnley are players who have previously been languishing in mid-table under LvG and Jose.

De Gea - SAF, Moyes, LvG, Jose
Shaw - LvG, Jose
AWB - Ole
Maguire - Ole
Bailly - Jose
Matic - Jose
Pogba - Jose
Fernandes - Ole
Rashford - LvG, Jose
Martial - LvG, Jose
Cavani - Ole

It’s not as if Ole has come in and signed 15 new players. Yes we have added a bit of quality but most of the lads who start regularly have significantly improved since Ole took over.

Not bad for a PE teacher who oversees a “poorly coached side”
I've got my doubts if Ole will win us big trophies, BUT.... Anyone that's waiting to for a bad result to shout 'Ole Out' have an agenda & need to look at themselves.

Adam McNeill

I am honestly delighted for Ole and all us supporters, it's been a long time since I have seen us top of the league mid season, I am feeling the positive vibes.

By no way or means do I think we will go onto win it as I think we are still too inconsistent in general, but the improvement under Ole (compared to 2/3 seasoned managers) really is outstanding and he should be praised for that.

Slowly the deadwood is being moved on and were back onto the right recruitment path of young exciting players with the odd superstar signing, that's how I remember united. We also have a manager that would bleed United and if he continues on his/team evolution I hope he is our next LONG term manager.

Sorry but I cant help having a dig at a few Liverpool fans with this joke:

We're gonna win the league
Now yer gonna believe us
Now yer gonna believe us
Now yer gonna believe ussssssssssssss

Reactions: Sultan

Foxbatt

He is doing very well right now. Now he has changed the way we are playing. Now he needs another DM and someone like Harland. Martial can play on the left.

Foxbatt

Do you mean, now we are playing better?
Playing better in the sense we are winning games. It's that the most important thing? Winning games. Otherwise we could be like Leeds. He has changed the way we play. Our corners now have a variation. Our play is no better and no worse. The one thing I don't like is how our some of our players pause and stop when they have the ball. Especially Rashford, Martial and Shaw.
Hopefully Bailly won't have a brain fart. I don't think he is injury prone like Jones.
If it was Jones he would already be injured by now.
Now if only Ole gets a top class CF and a top class DM we could very well win the PL. We have the individual players who can do it.
Sunday would tell us where we are. I hope he doesn't try to do a Leipzig on Sunday.
Play two up with Rashford and Martial. Or start with James. We need a plan B. A big CF too.