The 141st FA cup Final - Chelsea v Liverpool

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Can't be played on the same day as the Champions League final which is the Saturday after the league ends now so it would have to be the Saturday after and 2 weeks after the season ends.
given the world cup in November, next year's will probably be three days before the following season starts!

Withnail

Can't be played on the same day as the Champions League final which is the Saturday after the league ends now so it would have to be the Saturday after which is 2 weeks after the season ends.
Oh yeah sorry I'd forgotten they'd done that. It's one of those things I can never remember and get surprised at every year.

FireballXL5

Genuinely didn't know this was on today. More excited by Eurovision later.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Liverpool to win quite easily, azpilqcueta to mouth off at the ref all match and get booked in the 84th.

Josh 76

Anyone remember when the Cup final coverage would start about 9 am all the way through to kick off?

I miss those days
Oh yes. In those days there wasn’t much football on TV, so even pundits chatting on TV was gold dust.

That’s why the saint and greaves was so popular.

I remember all the cup finals up to mid 90s, . If someone asked me who won it 6 years ago, I would struggle to tell u, but if someone asked who won it in the 80s, I could tell you Straight away.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Anyone remember when the Cup final coverage would start about 9 am all the way through to kick off?

I miss those days
Amazing to think back to isn't it?
The excitement of watching the full build up for a big game.

I had to double check to remember Chelsea lost the last 2. Odds on for a triple year defeat!

I suppose there's too much coverage of everything these days, so some pre recorded stuff is just overkill these days.

At least they've not got it the same day as league games, that was always farcical.

always_hoping

Forgot this final was even on today and as a child i use to watch the long build ups on BBC, wasn't it always the last game of the season?

Seems as important as the league Cup nowadays. Chelsea was unable to beat Leicester, Arsenal in the last two FA Cup finals they will hardly beat Liverpool?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Forgot this final was even on today and as a child i use to watch the long build ups on BBC, wasn't it always the last game of the season?

Seems as important as the league Cup nowadays. Chelsea was unable to beat Leicester, Arsenal in the last two FA Cup finals they will hardly beat Liverpool?
So what you're actually saying is that the underdog won the last two finals so it's a nailed on Chelsea win? :wenger:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
@duffer @WeePat @TheMagicFoolBus what’re your thoughts on the team Tommy Tuch’s should pick? You’ve given us three very difficult games this season and been somewhat unfortunate at times. I don’t think we like playing against a back three and wing backs.

Are Kovacic and Kante likely to play?
Tuchel said they would try their best to have Kovacic ready, after it turned out to be less serious than feared but I doubt it. Kante has a good chance but still doubtful. Ideally those two would start together.

The big question is really just about the status of the injured midfielders and Lukaku/Havertz. The rest of the team kind of picks itself.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I think this will be a really tight game and I genuinely fear we will lose this on a referee call. In the scheme of things, this is seen as a far more important game for Liverpool in their hunt for the quad. Just like Clattenburg did in Chelsea Spurs game which sealed Leicester's title win, I believe the officials don't want to go down in history as the men who cost Liverpool the quadruple. I expect them to bottle giving us pens or giving them deserved yellows and reds.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Kova and Kante trained yesterday, so i think they'll be in the squad.

And i think Lukaku has to start.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Liverpool to win quite easily, azpilqcueta to mouth off at the ref all match and get booked in the 84th.
Liverpool are definitely favorites but they haven’t easily beaten us in any game this season. So that would be a surprise for sure.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

Yes, and 9 times out of 10 always a boiling hot day. Apart from 94 when it pissed down and i think 2000 for us v Villa was a bit shite weather wise

But 9am right through until about 6pm, Des Lynam et al. Cup final song for both sides. Still have my copy of Blue Day with Suggs somewhere, and the 94 song,

Bulldog United

Chelsea should have beat them in the Carabao Cup. They carved out some great opportunities before penalties. Yes the footskis have looked terrible recently, but Liverpool have started to tire recently and look really lethargic in their last couple of games.
I really believe, perhaps optimistically, that Chelsea will win this one today.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Benching Kante is interesting, and Fabinho out is a big blow for Pool.

Can Chelsea make it 3 consecutive final losses? I think they can quite easily with Small game Lukaku in there :D