The Academy restructuring thread

dr.twinny

I doubt we will bring him in was just saying I wouldn't be surprised to see him linked to the job
Okay. I wonder whoever we go for, will he have the same pragmatic style ala Joyce or someone who's a bit more of an idealist with how the game should be played.

Member 104911

New article by the MEN, not much interesting stuff but they did say that Chelsea youth boss Adi Viveash has been mentioned as a replacement for Joyce...

Apart from that they only wrote stuff that we already know.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
With so many changes and so many new faces it would be nice for the club to explain the working model to everyone.

Who does what and their areas of responsibility.

Not sure they will say anything mind...

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
With so many changes and so many new faces it would be nice for the club to explain the working model to everyone.

Who does what and their areas of responsibility.

Not sure they will say anything mind...

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Manchester United in hunt for new David Beckham after hiring Brighton's highly-rated scout Mark Anderson
  • Anderson started at United this week and will cover the south of England and do some international scouting.
  • Anderson will report to Nicky Butt
  • Anderson used to be a scout for Liverpool and is credited with spotting 15-year-old Raheem Sterling at QPR and taking him to Anfield for a nominal fee.
'The Manchester United offer doesn't come along every day,' he said. 'I feel that it is the next part of my development and I feel that I can make a big impact in the London area.

'It goes back some time when the likes of David Beckham came out of London for United, so I want to be able to give some of the young talent another option when the time is right.'

The scout admitted it was not easy to leave Brighton, but said: 'The first team are in a strong position for the Premier League and the academy have gained category one status again for the second time, so I feel I have made an impact and that I'm leaving on a high with great memories.

'The culture and environment is fantastic, hopefully now I can go and make a difference and take players to United.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-rated-scout-Mark-Anderson.html#ixzz4V8tKezMV

dr.twinny

Read somewhere that we're interested in poaching away Chelsea's u23 manager, Adi Viveash. Good looking CV while at Chelsea, so he would be an interesting appointment. That is if he decides to come that is.

JohnnyKills

The most exciting one for me is gerardo guzman, the new spanish scout. Atletico have been pound-for-pound the best team in Europe over the past four years and he was their top scout.

khoazany

The most exciting one for me is gerardo guzman, the new spanish scout. Atletico have been pound-for-pound the best team in Europe over the past four years and he was their top scout.
We haven't signed a Spanish youngster for years after Pique so hopefully it's due a change especially since City and Liverpool has nicked some good ones in the last few years.

Loopy

Sounds good, step in the right direction certainly.
This has amazing potential for the analysis and development of the player.

However it appears the admin and the analysis of this are currently overwhelming the support staff. The system is currently being used as a message/ fixture updates (so think old style notice board!!) with posts being put on randomly and in no order - so stuff gets missed. The positive is some video are up, but currently no analysis. You can get reports, but nothing new!

As I state, it's got huge potential, but Man Utd is focused on developing the players old school - on the pitch with minimal parental involvement. This is the first step in a cultural shift.

I personaly think it may be valuable in about 2 years time once everyone has got use to it!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sorry for replying to an old comment but I read that this guy scouted DDG, Costa and Griezmann, is that true? If so that's absolutely insane.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
David Friio, who has been one of our French scouts for nearly a decade, has apparently left United.

Acole9

Outstanding
David Friio, who has been one of our French scouts for nearly a decade, has apparently left United.
He confirmed on his twitter page, I heard we'd "phased" him out due to missing out on several prospects in France.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Pretty sure I read that he's been sacked rather than him leaving us.

barmyarmy

Add Luis Campos, who's supposedly working for us in a freelance capacity. Was the sporting director of Monaco, he found Martial for them and other talents. Don't know what region he's scouting, but probably looking at young players with potential.
Luis campos confirmed as sporting director at lille.

top1whoisman

Scout
Source? Never knew Holland is different than the Netherlands.

Seems to know a thing or two about these things. Paul McGuinness and Tony Strudwick follow him for what it's worth. Yeah guess it means Moonen is an academy scout in Holland where as Beukenkamp scouts mainly adults/first team players.

Last edited:

Sid234

I'm surprised we don't have more scouts in Asia. Sign talented young players, even it's just to sell some jerseys. Like Dong Fangzhuo

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Id hope we could get a few more really talented young European players, more Italian, German, French youngsters and South America. Did we kind of give up on discovering South American players? In recent memory they all seem to be punts except for di Maria and falcao, which is fair enough but we could be bringing in far better young players from South America anyway. Get them a decent loan or even leave them at their club for a season or two. That's where the truly elite players are still coming from all the time.

top1whoisman

Scout
I'm surprised we don't have more scouts in Asia. Sign talented young players, even it's just to sell some jerseys. Like Dong Fangzhuo
The list posted there is definitely not the full list, this list seems to be based off people that are on LinkedIn and I know quite a few scouts that aren't on LinkedIn. Apart from that, we also have a ton of academy scouts in the UK for the lower age groups.
It says "lead scouts", so yeah, we have plenty more.

barmyarmy

We have two of the best Scouts in Guzman & Ribalta. Have we tried to sign someone from Broussia dortmund as they seem to get most of the best young talents.

prtk0811

Find a good scout in france to work for united. The talent bursting out in france now is too good to miss. Also we have to scout better in our England itself, The likes of kane ali rose walker playing for tottenham is a disgrace. Specially deli ali.

Web of Bissaka

Agree, France in recent and current years are producing lots of talents, we need a good scout there not just for the academy :D also poach a scout from Borussia Dortmund next, they're that good in spotting gems (Asian & Middle East).

Concerning our academy, seems we got recently Northern Ireland Captain, 16-year-old Northern Ireland midfielder Ethan Galbraith.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...4/Manchester-United-sign-Ethan-Galbraith.html