Television The Apprentice 2022

Sara125

The girls’ ad looked like a preview of a new season of Love Island

edit: typo

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I know it’s reality TV so everything is exaggerated but the ‘arrogant asshole with nothing to show for it’ trope is so played out on this show now. I miss when the contestants were genuine :(
Me too. I think it’s so manufactured now as in they seem to recruit people for tv sake rather than the actual end goal. For example the girl pm was on tv before after being a contestant on bear grylls the island. It’s why I stopped watching big brother and the Xfactor. It becomes so boring when the people are like clones of the last bunch

GueRed

Probably see half of them on something like Dancing on Ice this time next year.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If that lad didn't talk so much he would have been fine but he was annoying as feck. Nobody has time for that.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If that lad didn't talk so much he would have been fine but he was annoying as feck. Nobody has time for that.
He was annoying, but in no way at fault for the failure of the task. He should have been lauded for trying his best to stop that shite logo.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He was annoying, but in no way at fault for the failure of the task. He should have been lauded for trying his best to stop that shite logo.
I agree, but not being an annoying cnut in the losing team is rule #1 of the first week on the show.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That's a dreadful firing, the other 2 were actually responsible for it turning out shite :lol:
Just catching up on the first episode. Whole thing was a car crash as usual but yeah, the fella who was the sub team leader who decided on that shitty logo with no brand name should have gone. I always dislike the 'object to everything but provide no alternatives' types because you know they're just engaging in tactics but this Harry guy actually did provide an alternative logo. Don't know what the feck the logo was supposed to be but at least he put an alternative on the table, and he tried to offer different suggestions to the nonsense video ad part of the task.

It's always hilarious though, when they show the candidates talk like they're the salt of the earth but when it's time to pick the PM and sub team leader, they're all like 'yeah I work in this field but I'm not an expert per se' :lol:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Say this every year but:

- Most sensible people could do better than half the candidates
- The show would be more entertaining and interesting with a full roster of legitimate candidates

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why do the guys have an obsession with brown and green? :lol:

sebsheep

Tbf the guys app will help get the kids to sleep.

RedDevilRoshi

I’m surprised how the project manager Aaron survived that. Thought he was a certainty to go when they lost that task.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
It’s clear Lord Sugar is more interested in polarising characters than genuine business brains. How the hell did Aaron survive that

sebsheep

It’s clear Lord Sugar is more interested in polarising characters than genuine business brains. How the hell did Aaron survive that
Guy was told his product looked a turd, given the opportunity to say he could change the colour but refused and still survived. :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The show is rigged to make polarising or more interesting participants stay longer. This is why I quit it for many years, till my Mrs put on the last 20 mins today:mad:

youngrell

The obsession with brown was mental.

And the girl’s app was a shocker. The character was a tooth with a full set of teeth ffs.

Superunknown

Nick's 'massaging' of the control/test group's numbers was the best bit.

"There were only 2 boys out of 5, and one of them liked it, so 50% of our target group loved it". :lol:

Proper Sex Panther vibes. "Out of 40% of the audience, 50% of our target audience wanted it"

It was one kid. :lol:

cyberman

This show. Telling the experts that you’ll change everything about the design and product defeats the purpose of the show imo.
Being brought back in the boardroom is a skill that seems to be lacking here. Gender neutral meant feck all unless the argument was girls would like it. The design killed it on arrival, it’s not the app that sits on a shelf! Then telling the experts that changing the colour was a no go should have been the killer.
I wonder if knowing the contestants business plan is playing a part here

acnumber9

This show. Telling the experts that you’ll change everything about the design and product defeats the purpose of the show imo.
Not sure how they were allowed to get away with that. Superdrug might as well just design their own toothbrush.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This show lost its mojo as soon as they went to business plans rather than a role under Sugar. Whenever a firing looks off it's probably safe to assume its because they have a better/worse business idea.

Big Andy

Bloke
It's no longer a show about finding the best possible candidate, it's a reality TV show these days.

United Hobbit

Just watched it as forgot about it yesterday.

It's clear the guy who designed the brush (no idea what any of them are called) should have gone as he dug himself an even deeper hole when the expert said he didn't like the brown, and he still refused to change it. The app was boring they could at least have had the wizard shoot a spell at a creature (with a variety of different ones each session) after cleaning each tooth, to eventually stun it.

It's clearly based on who's business plan will make him most money.

I've just looked up the guy who designed that absolutely awful logo last week. He has a sustainable sports wear company. Sustainable is the in thing. Hence why he remains.

Lay

I thought it was a pretty boring episode. Both were once again terrible but the women don’t design literal turds. I know it’s easy from an armchair but I’m surprised at the lack of imagination they have.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Even the girls couldn't believe Aaron walked back in :lol: in both weeks the actual culprits of the tasks failing have survived, back in the early 2000s they'd have been sacked on the spot.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Both teams shit but felt like the womeeeeen were worse

United Hobbit

The best episode in recent years was when he got to the boardroom and fired all 3 of them and had to call the house to say none of them were coming back

CallyRed

Makes me laugh how they criticise the team making the drink in these type of tasks.

DON’T PANIC ™

The fact that they have to brand the product at the same time as a separate team invents/designs it is a farce an completely unrealistic.
Doing market research 5 mins before a pitch is also a joke.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The fact that they have to brand the product at the same time as a separate team invents/designs it is a farce an completely unrealistic.
Doing market research 5 mins before a pitch is also a joke.
Yeah but how else will you get them to justify throwing each other under a bus?

sebsheep

Sophie at one point saying she didn't have any experience with this stuff but put herself forward as PM due to her experience. :lol:
Don't think he was about to fire the top seller from a team either.