Television The Apprentice (2023)

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
1kg of fish :lol:.
Fired Kevin for that but the guy who screwed up the corporate client meeting so badly stays in. Classic apprentice.

cyberman

Just watched the cartoon episode #JusticeForGregory
I was just reading how it follows a pattern. Contestants like Greg are brought on with a specific speciality and are designed to be fired early. If they aren’t fired early then they can wing a few tasks since certain tasks may leak into that speciality and it makes bad tv because of having a boring personality. They’re there to fail early and set the characters up.
Could be tin foil hat stuff but the people who love this on Reddit are adamant it’s true

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I was just reading how it follows a pattern. Contestants like Greg are brought on with a specific speciality and are designed to be fired early. If they aren’t fired early then they can wing a few tasks since certain tasks may leak into that speciality and it makes bad tv because of having a boring personality. They’re there to fail early and set the characters up.
Could be tin foil hat stuff but the people who love this on Reddit are adamant it’s true
True but you also get some of those characters managing to cling on and get to the final few or win such as that inventor bloke who won. He was shite at most things but had a good business model so won.

Resonance

Both of these motorbike concepts are shocking. Surely the team who’s advert where they don’t even ride the bike is losing here.

sebsheep

Beyond terrible. That Zip Zap logo is the worst I’ve ever seen. And surely ride dirty implies unsafe driving?
Can't say drive to a biker mate.

The state of both of those campaigns :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Catching up on this. Brighton episode - maps are before our time, u wot

TheReligion

Abusive
The bike campaigns last night were awful.

e-Zee Rider would have been my name. I’m wasted in my current job.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
The bike campaigns last night were awful.

e-Zee Rider would have been my name. I’m wasted in my current job.
Exact name I said I’d come up with! I quite like the caf-E rider idea too though

Lay

Working with Shazia would be stressful.

Lay

Reese got fired off the show because he was told not to drink on the flight to Dubai but drank anyway. :lol: idiot

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't think I like anyone on this series. Each year I like them less and less and they become worse and worse. Needs to be canned.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I don't think I like anyone on this series. Each year I like them less and less and they become worse and worse. Needs to be canned.
It’s actually painful to watch it’s so cringey.

how can they charge some that much then give undercooked food and tell them there’s limited water, tell them to savour it and then all stand there asking how it is while fake grinning. It’s so bad. And like you say, it gets worse and worse.

Zen

Somehow saw of this recent episode..... these people, what the hell.

"I'm a Zoologist and I've been thrown into the business world" ? As some guys leaving statement. Don't you apply for this show? So how's he been thrown in there? :lol:

sebsheep

Somehow saw of this recent episode..... these people, what the hell.

"I'm a Zoologist and I've been thrown into the business world" ? As some guys leaving statement. Don't you apply for this show? So how's he been thrown in there? :lol:
He also said he's used to running tours but was shite at tours.

cyberman

When a team says this is just a prototype, x and y will be in the final design they should be fired on the spot. That’s not how the show works but they constantly get away with it

sebsheep

When a team says this is just a prototype, x and y will be in the final design they should be fired on the spot. That’s not how the show works but they constantly get away with it
Tbf one of them did get fired quite soon after.

"The game was even worse than the rap" was my favourite moment. That kid was harsh :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They must tell them to say stupid shite.

I refuse to believe someone would ask what St Pauls is and another to reply it's a big dome thing.

United Hobbit

I preferred when he picked one to work for him, the candidates were generally more competent

Although the Simon and the trampoline episode....

It's too predictable now, as he will have worked out who's business is going to make him the most money and so picked his winner right at the start providing they do nothing completely catastrophic

Can't wait for the interviews this hapless bunch are getting absolutely roasted!

T_Model101

This has the potential to be a great episode, a product that dyes the skin green :lol:

United Hobbit

how the hell did Rochelle (?) Get away with that?? Her arguing and not letting Avi experiment with the colours caused them to not find out until too late that the thing stained your skin. Yet she stayed. Shame candidates dropped out or we could have had a triple

Resonance

how the hell did Rochelle (?) Get away with that?? Her arguing and not letting Avi experiment with the colours caused them to not find out until too late that the thing stained your skin. Yet she stayed. Shame candidates dropped out or we could have had a triple
She must have a better business plan, she was more culpable than Avi for the failure on that task.

United Hobbit

Why do none of them know how to wear a suit jacket properly??

Also the lips...

Each time you think they can't get any worse... They do

Edit: just seen the sacking...

absolute ridiculous decision, again. It's like hes biased against the men. Last 5 are women?! When did a guy last win?

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Why do none of them know how to wear a suit jacket properly??

Also the lips...

Each time you think they can't get any worse... They do

Edit: just seen the sacking...

absolute ridiculous decision, again. It's like hes biased against the men. Last 5 are women?! When did a guy last win?
2017 - and that had joint winners, a man and woman.

Should've been Dani going. As soon as Karen said that Simba was maybe someone not worth listening to I knew he'd be going.