The Athletic ~ Inside United's 6-1 fallout: Half-time rows, Solskjaer backed, transfer regrets

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

wolvored

All excuses. Maguire a been back now how many weeks but still thinking about arrest when he's on the pitch? load of bollocks. Opportunity was lost by chasing a lost cause all window. The simple fact is we have played shit every game this season and it was only a matter of time before we were gonna be bollocked by a team. It's fortunate there is a 2 week break, and if ole is up to the job, time to devise how to stop this happening again.

DRM

I cant see it its behind a pay wall?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Nice, looking forward reading: "Inside Liverpool's 7-2 fallout; players busts up, Klopp breaking his teeth..."
Oh, wait what, you think that wont happen'? Hmmmm...

STYLOISRED

It's one of the few balanced pieces I've seen of late. Will not go down well with those that want doom and gloom through.
No it won't. I said it before. I think Maguire is unwilling to admit that the incident affected him mentally. Its not just is form that has dropped, he looks very tame. He doesn't have that marauding presence in defence we saw last season.

Mainoldo

Anyone got the full story!! I want to read this soap opera. Why didn’t we do our own Amazon. Imagine the money from that.

Greck

If you're posting an article from the athletic you have to summarise the story for those of us cheapskates who aren't subscribed

Bestietom

All excuses. Maguire a been back now how many weeks but still thinking about arrest when he's on the pitch? load of bollocks. Opportunity was lost by chasing a lost cause all window. The simple fact is we have played shit every game this season and it was only a matter of time before we were gonna be bollocked by a team. It's fortunate there is a 2 week break, and if ole is up to the job, time to devise how to stop this happening again.
And if Ole is not up to the job, he has to go.

Fosu-Mens

It's one of the few balanced pieces I've seen of late. Will not go down well with those that want doom and gloom through.
Whats wrong with doom and gloom? If it gets dark enough, the club gets less profitable and the Glazers might decide to cash in. Hopefully.
Or they fire Woody. Hopefully.
The real question is how dark it needs to become for either of these two things to happen.

jackal&hyde

Whats wrong with doom and gloom? If it gets dark enough, the club gets less profitable and the Glazers might decide to cash in. Hopefully.
Or they fire Woody. Hopefully.
The real question is how dark it needs to become for either of these two things to happen.
Probably relegation level. Not gonna happen.

CG1010

Anything positive in there? Seems from the bullets it's all negative anyways

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Not from above article but quite interesting.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Nothing new, just easy clicks.

Most interesting bit was the paragraph on Diallo and that it is regarded as a great signing, that he is second only to Fati as the best young player in Europe.

ovoxo

Can’t see us getting both. Especially if the two youngsters surprise us. Greenwood has done well as the RW/RF, perhaps we ought to try more for Haland. That’s to say if Ole is still here by 2022. I think that’s when the release clause kicks in, isn’t it?

Fosu-Mens

Probably relegation level. Not gonna happen.
Sponsorship money will surely go down. If the new TV deals are not considerably increasing in value and the fans unite, then some indicators will say that the club has peaked in value. Might very well sell the club then.
All this is assuming we continue with running the football side of the club like a financial institution.

Pace Abuser

He's Guardiola without the talent. Moneybags Ole. Needs the best and most expensive players in Europe to mount a challenge against relegation level teams.

CG1010

You realise these "some players" could easily be Jones, Rojo or Lingard who obviously have a beef with Ole.. so it may or may not mean anything

Rolaholic

So basically the Bruno - Harry bust up actually happened then :lol:

We've known about our poor perception around Europe when it comes to football matters and it doesn't seem the club really give a feck about making changes/restructuring.

Not surprised about the stuff about the team feeling Ole wasn't backed deservingly after the strong 2nd half of the season we had. If fans and pundits felt that way it's no shock some in the squad would feel the same.

Interesting that there already seems to be a mole/leak or 2 in the dressing room a month into the season...doesn't bode well for this season avoiding a circus I'm afraid

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Cant find the tweet but there was a mention that Ole was okay with release clause for Halaand but Board overruled him.

matsdf

He's Guardiola without the talent. Moneybags Ole. Needs the best and most expensive players in Europe to mount a challenge against relegation level teams.
We can 3rd last season, just a quick reminder.

fps

Ha, that bottom tweet. How about Ole having doubts about some of the players' capacities to be top top players? I hate it when players start moaning about the manager. You are living the absolute dream, the manager doesn't play, if you're on the pitch and something is going wrong, put it right. It's like how Bruno arrives and he just lifts everyone because he is actually making things happen. He's not waiting to be told to do something, he's just doing it. Players, take some responsibility, you have absolutely everything you need.

Highfather_24

What Utd need :

- Top class tactical coach. Sack Carrick & Mckenna. Ole is a good man manager, and even Fergie needed good tactical coaches.
- A sporting director who will manage the direction of the club, and will be in charge of recruitment/negotiation.
- A CB, DM and RW in the next window. Along with a massive clear out of deadwood.

Chairman Steve

The world does not revolve around Haaland and Sancho. I hope OGS and the club realise that and realise there are hundreds and thousands of players out there waiting to be unearthed. Just ask SAF how he had to regularly settle for alternatives.

Infact some of the times where it looked like we got the first choice, they weren’t actually that good. Veron seemed like a player SAF wanted and could at the time because Utd could then have the financial muscle to go against the Italians and Spaniards after suffering in the 90s... but Veron wasn’t that great for us from a team perspective despite being obviously a very talented player.

And look at Pogba...his transfer saga was almost like Sanchos this summer. An obviously good player who we saw as taking us to the next level but let’s face it, Pogba hasn’t done that.

I don’t think OGS is talented enough to make unfancied players fit into an amazing system like Klopp or SAF can or did do... but he can find the emerging talent early and develop them, with the help of our scouting system... or he can lay the railroad for the next manager to run the train over so to speak.

GlasgowCeltic

Haaland Sancho Bellingham and Grealish are the right types to prioritise. Don’t think you can criticise Ole for that at all. I think it’s right that the top clubs generally should target the ready made talent and leave the “project” players to the lesser clubs to develop. I’m always happy to see Utd go big on the biggest British talents too

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Haaland Sancho Bellingham and Grealish are the right types to prioritise. Don’t think you can criticise Ole for that at all. I think it’s right that the top clubs generally should target the ready made talent and leave the “project” players to the lesser clubs to develop. I’m always happy to see Utd go big on the biggest British talents too
Grealish has sailed having signed that contract extension. The others though ....

tombombadil

With 66 points and 18 wins, that being less wins than we managed in the Moyes season, just a quick reminder.
This is a poor argument. If we won the league with 66 points, would you return the trophy and demand the manager get sacked? Should all the other managers below Ole hang themselves in shame for finishing below Man United?

This feels like Mourinho all over again. Got 2nd and best points tally post SAF and people whine incessantly about how City had so much more.

RashyForPM

This is a poor argument. If we won the league with 66 points, would you return the trophy and demand the manager get sacked? Should all the other managers below Ole hang themselves in shame for finishing below Man United?

This feels like Mourinho all over again. Got 2nd and best points tally post SAF and people whine incessantly about how City had so much more.
We didn’t win the league. If your scenario happened, I’d be delighted as we won a highly competitive league. However, this time, we came 3rd, with only two-thirds of the Champions’ points. It’s right we question and criticise the manager.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

You’re not wrong. It does feel like Mourinho all over again. A poor season from our CL rivals ending with us higher up the league table than our performances deserved, yet never once troubling the team at the top of the table (left in the dust by two teams at the top of the table this time round).

Greck

The world does not revolve around Haaland and Sancho. I hope OGS and the club realise that and realise there are hundreds and thousands of players out there waiting to be unearthed. Just ask SAF how he had to regularly settle for alternatives.
This. Fecks sake, find another way to carry on the job of manager without overpriced targets. These are signings your average redcafe member could make. TBF it may just be the papers exaggerating it