The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Mississippi.

If you ask anyone in Norway what the worst state in the US is, they'll probably answer Mississippi, even if they have next to no knowledge of or interest in the US in general. Everyone knows that Mississippi and Alabama are the worst.
Alabamas state motto is “Thank god for Mississippi”

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It was only a matter of time when civil rights studies & critical race theory were conflated…

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It was only a matter of time when civil rights studies & critical race theory were conflated…

These are the same people who criticized trigger warnings and micro aggressions as being for "snowflakes".

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
“Anti-American ideologies”:lol:

Imagine being a level headed teacher and reading that.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Net just keeps getting wider & wider…

I for one am shocked that a state with Indian's stellar reputation in combatting white supremacy would be shown such doubt of its pure as white snow intentions.

Carolina Red

Staff
An update from my little corner of paradise...

Had another random lockdown drill today, with the addition of them pulling the fire alarm mid-lockdown to test and see if any teachers screwed up and took their students into the hallways. Oh... and our advisory lesson today is on compassion. Fun times.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Had another random lockdown drill today, with the addition of them pulling the fire alarm mid-lockdown to test and see if any teachers screwed up and took their students into the hallways. Oh... and our advisory lesson today is on compassion. Fun times.
Jesus. The fact that this is normalized is beyond insane.

Carolina Red

Staff
Jesus. The fact that this is normalized is beyond insane.
Had kids in my first class of the day (I don’t have a class first thing in the morning when the drill happened) tell me that they have a new teacher and they’re the ones who told the teacher not to open the door when the fire alarm went off. So yes, normalized as hell.

RedDevil@84

Had kids in my first class of the day (I don’t have a class first thing in the morning when the drill happened) tell me that they have a new teacher and they’re the ones who told the teacher not to open the door when the fire alarm went off. So yes, normalized as hell.
So if the shooter, also tries to burn the place down, then the kids/teachers are supposed to stay in class and risk getting caught in the fire?

Sorry. just trying to understand the purpose of the combo drill.

Carolina Red

Staff
So if the shooter, also tries to burn the place down, then the kids/teachers are supposed to stay in class and risk getting caught in the fire?

Sorry. just trying to understand the purpose of the combo drill.
In the Marjorie Stoneman Douglass shooting in Florida, the shooter pulled the fire alarm to get people into the hallway, then opened fire.

In the case of a shooter actually starting a fire while carrying out a school shooting, the fire is the lesser threat.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
In the Marjorie Stoneman Douglass shooting in Florida, the shooter pulled the fire alarm to get people into the hallway, then opened fire.

In the case of a shooter actually starting a fire while carrying out a school shooting, the fire is the lesser threat.
What a triage that is. Unreal.

RedDevil@84

Gosh!!

Carolina Red

Staff
What a triage that is. Unreal.
I mean... The last time there was a mass casualty fire in an American school was the 1950s. In general, we're talking about fire in a building made of brick, cinder block, metal, and tile vs. an active shooter standing in a hallway waiting for dozens of targets to funnel into a shooting gallery.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I mean... The last time there was a mass casualty fire in an American school was the 1950s. In general, we're talking about fire in a building made of brick, cinder block, metal, and tile vs. an active shooter standing in a hallway waiting for dozens of targets to funnel into a shooting gallery.
It’s the prioritizing that is so galling to me. We are all trained to understand what a fire alarm means, y’all have to take into account a more pressing issue before worrying about a fire.

nimic

something nice
Scout

I am beginning to understand why my colleague Crystal decided to teach in Norway instead.

WPMUFC

What the hell is wrong with him?? Why is he even sitting with a gun to begin with?
Notice how seconds after the brake check his hand moves straight to the centre console? Dude was looking for any excuse. A society slowly and surely rotting to the core.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
What the hell is wrong with him??
I'm not 100% sure but I think there's more to this than we can see. When the other car pulls up alongside him, it looks like the other driver has his arm way out of the window . His reaction while he's shooting is intriguing, too. He looks afraid.

Why is he even sitting with a gun to begin with?
It's Florida. I think mjs once said you can have a gun in your car if it's locked in the glove box. The driver here appears to be unlocking a compartment in the centre console. So it may or may not be legal depending on the law.

WPMUFC

I'm not 100% sure but I think there's more to this than we can see. When the other car pulls up alongside him, it looks like the other driver has his arm way out of the window . His reaction while he's shooting is intriguing, too. He looks afraid.
the driver tailgated Popper and made hand gestures outside of his window, according to investigators.

Seconds later, FHP said the driver pulled up to the passenger’s side of the car and threw a water bottle at Popper’s vehicle.

That’s when Popper shot through his own windows with FHP counting 11 shots fired. Popper struck the other vehicle several times.

According to the arrest report, both the victim and Popper reported the incident to the police. During the investigation, Popper told state troopers he believed he was shot at so that was why he began shooting. The other driver said he did not have a firearm but said he did throw a water bottle at Popper’s car. Surprisingly, there were no reported injuries. Both parties were released at the scene.
https://www.local10.com/news/local/...on-dashboard-camera-from-inside-shooters-car/

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
:lol: that settles that, then. A pair of cnuts.

Don't brake check other drivers
Don't throw shit at people's cars
Don't shoot at peoples cars.
Life could be so easy.

hobbers

There's surely no way that guy has ever held and fired a gun before is there?

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )

It's Florida. I think mjs once said you can have a gun in your car if it's locked in the glove box. The driver here appears to be unlocking a compartment in the centre console. So it may or may not be legal depending on the law.
He looks like a nervous wreck. I would be very afraid around someone like him knowing he's carrying. He'll be shooting at the wind.

owlo

This draws me back to something I’ve said on here a few times before… sometimes punching people in the mouth is completely appropriate.
I actually wonder how Florida laws would treat the guy they goaded for “being a Jew” if he took out a weapon and shot them. They are clearly threatening and insinuating murder. Self defence right?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I actually wonder how Florida laws would treat the guy they goaded for “being a Jew” if he took out a weapon and shot them. They are clearly threatening and insinuating murder. Self defence right?
depends, is he white?