The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Absolutely. There’s a PF Chang’s with a lakeside view located there (I’m a huge fan of PF Chang’s).
Oh yeah. In our poor graduate student days we would hit up PFC for happy hour. A beer, glass of wine and lettuce wraps for under $15. Cheesecake Factory was across the street and we would share a meal, drink water, and eat free bread for under $20. Those were the days.

nimic

something nice
Scout
To be fair to to him, feck him. But also to be fair to him, the case he was talking about seems to be about a 13 year old girl and a 15 year old boy having sex in a summer camp. I don't think he was talking about 13 year olds having sex with adults. I think the reality of it is that (some) 13 year-olds are going to have sex.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Wasn't it the done thing back in the day for religious types to marry very young women anyway?

They've got form.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just realized I used to live within a half mile of there & think I used to go to that Subway. The Castleberry Hill area of Atlanta has been the Wild West for a while now.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I’m not going to lie, there are not many things that could cause me to consider killing a man, but a motherfecker looking me in the eyes as he squirts that shit on my sandwich is on the list.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I’m not going to lie, there are not many things that could cause me to consider killing a man, but a motherfecker looking me in the eyes as he squirts that shit on my sandwich is on the list.
:lol:

You seem to have misplaced anger issues. You need to carry something to calm you down. Do you own a gun yet?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
WI’s made me rethink about getting another gun. I’ve been gun free for over a year.
That's more like it. I expect it to at least cause cold turkey, withdrawal symptoms or just general trigger finger nerves. Simply not owning a gun as an American does not compute.

It's like saying some British folk just don't eat roast beef. You would not be able to sleep for days thinking about that. :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That's more like it. I expect it to at least cause cold turkey, withdrawal symptoms or just general trigger finger nerves. Simply not owning a gun as an American does not compute.

It's like saying British folk just don't eat roast beef. You would not be able to sleep for days thinking about that. :lol:
I’m leaning towards not getting one.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
WI’s made me rethink about getting another gun. I’ve been gun free for over a year.
Glad to hear it! To each their own, but I just can never conscience the owning of a gun personally. In terms of the wider scope I have no issues with hunters and hunting, but you only need a bolt action for that. Handguns have a singular purpose, as do semiautomatic and automatic weapons. I will never be able to condone those.

Then I would say you're a bona fide American with your head screwed on right. WI_Red is simply Canadian.
Well, I did live in a border state till last week so I am WI_Red no more. I also tried to convince the wife to move to Canada, but the cold was a hard no.