The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
CNN — Five people were killed Saturday night at a gay nightclub in Colorado Springs, Colorado, according to police. Another 18 people were injured in the mass shooting at Club Q. Authorities received numerous 911 calls starting at 11:57 p.m. and responded to the scene, said Colorado Springs Police Lt. Pamela Castro.

“They did locate one individual who we believe to be the suspect inside,” said Castro. “At this point in time, the suspect is being treated, but is in custody.”
Castro did not clarify whether the suspect was included in the count of people who were injured in the shooting.
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/20/us/colorado-springs-shooting-gay-nightclub/index.html

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Homophobia and guns at every corner, what could go wrong.

This is sick, and nothing will be done about it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We don't know what the motives were, correct?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
We don't know what the motives were, correct?
I don't think we do. It's likely homophobic but whether it's right wing or islamic wasn't disclosed. According to some reports, the supect could be called Anderson Lee Aldrich (which doesn't tell much). Some made the link with a bomb threat he was arrested for (or someone with the same name) last year.

Please note that it's twitter investigations so it's not worth much.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Correct, my assumption/post was made based on my NEWS sources.

I apologize if it misleads anyone.

But seriously regulate guns FFS.
No problem, I was just wondering if it had been revealed somewhere else.

AlPistacho

Sad news and rip to the victims. In a week we’re the focus has been on Qatar in reminds us that every nation has its issues to work on.

I was reading a post on Reddit about gold being a crappy investment etc. One of the comments suggest guns as a great investment for people who live in (forgot the tern) states. That comment had hundreds of replies about why they were and why an 80s made weapon can increase in value. Usually because arms manufacturers don’t release new weapons every year and have stopped updating models as new regulations come in.

Was pretty sad to read about an instrument of death being viewed as an investment to counter inflation.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
As today is Transgender Day of Remembrance & the fact that there was going to be a drag show brunch at the club this AM, plus the nightclub was LGBTQ oriented, I’m comfortable calling this tragedy’s cause as a phobia of one of the above.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Time to enact the right wing 6 Step Program

Step 1: Thoughts and Prayers.
Step 2: It's not time for gun debate.
Step 3a: Gun was illegal - See, gun laws don't matter.
Step 3b: Gun was legal - Guns don't kill people, people do.
Step 4a: If shooter is white: Mental Health is a problem
Step 4b: If shooter is not white: Crime/Terrorist
Step 5: If a good guy had a gun this would not have mattered.
Step 6: 2A4Life

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Sounds about white (and connected)

The DA should be investigated and at the very least removed if this has even a hint of favoritism and sued into oblivion if proven it was.

Hamnat

An Army Veteran Says He Went Into ‘Combat Mode’ to Disarm the Gunman

COLORADO SPRINGS — Richard M. Fierro said he was at a table in Club Q with his wife, daughter and friends on Saturday, watching a drag show, when the sudden flash of gunfire ripped across the nightclub. His instincts from four combat deployments as an Army officer in Iraq and Afghanistan instantly kicked in. Fight back, he told himself.

In an interview at his house, where his wife and daughter were still recovering from injuries, Mr. Fierro, 45, who left the Army in 2013 as a major, according to military records, described charging through the chaos at the club, tackling the gunman and beating him bloody with the gunman’s own gun.

“I don’t know exactly what I did, I just went into combat mode,” Mr. Fierro said, shaking his head. “I just know I have to kill this guy before he kills us.”

When the shooting started, Mr. Fierro said, he hit the floor, pulling a friend down with him. As bullets sprayed, he saw the gunman move through the bar toward a door leading to a patio where dozens of bar patrons had fled. Mr. Fierro, who served in the Army for 15 years, said he raced across the room, grabbed the gunman by a handle on the back of his body armor, pulled him to the floor and jumped on top of him.

“Was he shooting at the time? Was he about to shoot? I don’t know,” Mr. Fierro said. “I just knew I had to take him down.”

The gunman, who Mr. Fierro estimated weighed more than 300 pounds, sprawled onto the floor, his military-style rifle landing just out of reach. Mr. Fierro started to go for the rifle, but then saw that the gunman had a pistol as well.

“I grabbed the gun out of his hand and just started hitting him in the head, over and over,” Mr. Fierro said.