The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

RedDevil@84

When will America wake up and realise that allowing it's citizens to be armed to the teeth isn't fecking normal?
No chance. The gun lobby pay enough politicians and media person to keep the brainwashing going. The American people have been brainwahsed to believe that there is an enemy out there who can be stopped by stockpiling arms.

Hamnat

With a father like that no wonder the kid turned out to be a psycho murderer. But, the GOP of course thinks it is drag queens reading books that are threats to society.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
i remember being so happy when al jazeera flew those planes into the twin towers. they looked like two gay erections, standing proud together. if only those architects had let god into their lives, all of those people would still be alive today.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
i remember being so happy when al jazeera flew those planes into the twin towers. they looked like two gay erections, standing proud together. if only those architects had let god into their lives, all of those people would still be alive today.
Was this supposed to be funny? Satire? It's not either.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
We knew you don't like Qatar, but.. :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout
This is the most rimaldo post that ever was

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The culture wars at home and the global war on terror are usually viewed as separate problems. Author D'Souza makes the claim that terrorist acts around the world can be directly traced to the ideas and attitudes perpetrated by America's cultural left. D'Souza shows that American liberals are responsible for fostering a culture that angers and repulses not just Muslims but also traditional and religious societies around the world. He argues that it is not our exercise of freedom that enrages our enemies, but our abuse of that freedom--from the sexual liberty of women to the support of gay marriage, birth control, and no-fault divorce, to the aggressive exportation of our vulgar, licentious popular culture. It is only by curtailing the left's attacks on religion, family, and traditional values that we can persuade moderate Muslims and others around the world to cooperate with us and shun the extremists in their own countries

https://catalog.library.vanderbilt.edu/discovery/fulldisplay/alma991024701949703276/01VAN_INST:vanui

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The culture wars at home and the global war on terror are usually viewed as separate problems. Author D'Souza makes the claim that terrorist acts around the world can be directly traced to the ideas and attitudes perpetrated by America's cultural left. D'Souza shows that American liberals are responsible for fostering a culture that angers and repulses not just Muslims but also traditional and religious societies around the world. He argues that it is not our exercise of freedom that enrages our enemies, but our abuse of that freedom--from the sexual liberty of women to the support of gay marriage, birth control, and no-fault divorce, to the aggressive exportation of our vulgar, licentious popular culture. It is only by curtailing the left's attacks on religion, family, and traditional values that we can persuade moderate Muslims and others around the world to cooperate with us and shun the extremists in their own countries

https://catalog.library.vanderbilt.edu/discovery/fulldisplay/alma991024701949703276/01VAN_INST:vanui
@rimaldo is actually Dinesh D’Souza? Sure, makes as much sense as anything else.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Charging a ten-year old as an adult is a ridiculous practice but that kid sounds like a proper serial killer in the making.
Definitely hugely problematic, but they clearly need a lot of help and this isn't the way to do it. I think lay-people are way too quick to label him a psycopath/sociopath or whatever (not saying you have, but a lot of people online are doing it). If he was 25, sure. He's a 10 year old though, his brain isn't even close to being fully developed. He literally can't be held responsible for his actions in the way an adult can.

Anustart89

Definitely hugely problematic, but they clearly need a lot of help and this isn't the way to do it. I think lay-people are way too quick to label him a psycopath/sociopath or whatever (not saying you have, but a lot of people online are doing it). If he was 25, sure. He's a 10 year old though, his brain isn't even close to being fully developed. He literally can't be held responsible for his actions in the way an adult can.
He’s a ten-year old that set fire to his house with a flammable-fluid filled balloon, swung an animal by its tail and then murdered his mum because she wouldn’t buy him a headset, then calmly asked his grandmother if his package had arrived.

I’m pretty certain he won’t be winning any Nobel peace prizes despite me not being a qualified psychologist and being in the comfort of my armchair. I agree that he shouldn’t be incarcerated with adults but I have a hard time seeing that he’s “just a troubled kid and he’ll be fine and dandy as soon as he gets help from social services” which the argument towards the other side usually becomes.

nimic

something nice
Scout
He’s a ten-year old that set fire to his house with a flammable-fluid filled balloon, swung an animal by its tail and then murdered his mum because she wouldn’t buy him a headset, then calmly asked his grandmother if his package had arrived.

I’m pretty certain he won’t be winning any Nobel peace prizes despite me not being a qualified psychologist and being in the comfort of my armchair. I agree that he shouldn’t be incarcerated with adults but I have a hard time seeing that he’s “just a troubled kid and he’ll be fine and dandy as soon as he gets help from social services” which the argument towards the other side usually becomes.
Yeah that's not even remotely what I'm talking about, or what I've seen anyone talking about. Your point is even that it's what the argument "usually becomes", so you're arguing against... who?

jackal&hyde

If I could get the job I have now, in the US, I would move tomorrow. In fact, I am working on that just now.

It's so f'ing easy to f the US when you don't know what it is doing and what it did to better life.

Today, some of my best friends are Doctors at the NY Hospital, Dr Tender and Dr Ionescu are men of value because they studied, and because USA valued people of value.

Point is: there are some good things that happen in the US. The USA is cool, to the people that bring value.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
If I could get the job I have now, in the US, I would move tomorrow. In fact, I am working on that just now.

It's so f'ing easy to f the US when you don't know what it is doing and what it did to better life.

Today, some of my best friends are Doctors at the NY Hospital, Dr Tender and Dr Ionescu are men of value because they studied, and because USA valued people of value.

Point is: there are some good things that happen in the US. The USA is cool, to the people that bring value.
The bolded is the saddest thing I have ever seen written on this forum.

Revan

Assumptionman

If you are good at what you do (I guess that is what you meant by people that bring value), there is no country that offers as much as the US. And no country as innovative as the US.

If it wasn’t for family reasons, would have went there a long time ago.

jackal&hyde

If you are good at what you do (I guess that is what you meant by people that bring value), there is no country that offers as much as the US. And no country as innovative as the US.

If it wasn’t for family reasons, would have went there a long time ago.
That is exactly where I am. My best mate is a Siemens engineer and I am a decent Computer Scientist. We both have invitations to the US for much more money but the big issue is the distance. This is an issue that I wish to not talk about.

jackal&hyde

Because it sums up the US perfectly. A place where people are viewed not as individuals of intrinsic value and worth, but as assets to be graded on an arbitrary scale of "value".
Where in the World do you think individuals have more value or are having the opportunity to make the most of it?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Imagine being triggered so badly by drag performers that you band together with other idiots & shoot up power stations, plunging a rural county into complete darkness. This is why we need domestic terrorism laws codified immediately…