Film The Batman

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Doesn't look bad but in a way it seems too similar to the Nolan movies based on the trailer. I guess in a way that's not necessarily a bad thing bc I loved those.. But I'm not seeing a lot so far to set this one apart like say the Burton movies obviously did. Heck even Batffleck was a bit of a departure. There are some hints however there might be more of a focus on the Detective aspect of it so I'll remain optimistic.

Morpheus 7

Looks great, really looking forward to it after seeing the trailer. Comments in here nice and positive as usual, keeping with the trend of the current caf.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Think it looks very good. RP looks good as Batman. A weak and generic villain would be my worry. Don't know why they don't just give you a bit of multiple villains given there are so many good ones - as in the Arkham games.

Love a proper Batman movie amidst all the Justice League/Avengers/Suicide Squad nonsense.

Edit : I watched that with very low audio so couldn't even make out that it was the riddler

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looks great, really looking forward to it after seeing the trailer. Comments in here nice and positive as usual, keeping with the trend of the current caf.
Yeah it's a darn good trailer.

Nirvana was the best part though :drool:

Doesn't look as bad as I thought it would to be honest, think he makes a shit Bruce Wayne and still looks like a 120 pound teenager but pleasantly surprised with how he looks in the suit.
Yeah he does look odd as Bruce Wayne. But let's see. I initially thought Bale and Craig looked like misfits as Wayne and Bond respectively. Although I still think that of the latter

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looks way better than that fat bastard Affleck.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Yeah it's a darn good trailer.

Nirvana was the best part though :drool:

Yeah he does look odd as Bruce Wayne. But let's see. I initially thought Bale and Craig looked like misfits as Wayne and Bond respectively. Although I still think that of the latter
Yeah, on a few more viewings I actually really like the suit but I'm just not sold on him as Bruce. He looks/acts as Bruce as I'd expect young live action Dick Grayson to come across, he looks like a young college boy who just discovered The Cure but I'll reserve judgement til I see it. I hated on the early set photos of him in the suit and now I actually like the suit in the trailer so who knows.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Not sure I buy Pattison as Batman as he looks paler than a ghost, but I guess Batman would considering he stays in a cave and fights crime at night?

Willing to give it a chance.

Oldyella

Looks great, think focusing in the detective aspect will hopefully make for a much more interesting film, feels like they are doing a version of Hush?

Only concern is DC do make very good trailers and the movie doesn't always match, Suicide Squad being a recent example.

Castia

Loved that trailer. If that beat down is a tease to what the fight scenes will be like it should be brilliant.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Who would want to live in Gotham.

Edit: It looks fine though. atmospheric and gritty. Hopefully the story focuses on on Batman's detective skills and mob rule,with little flamboyancy.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That looks really interesting. Love how it looks and its a quite different take on Batman which is great.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Production values are a bit Netflix-y but will still watch it
They were only about 6-8 weeks into the shoot when they got closed down.

This is merely a tease. The actual film will be far more polished.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Cant wait and as a huge batman fan, I'm very excited and to me Pattinson is looking promising as both Bruce and batman.

Nickosaur

Wasn't expecting much but really impressed with the look and feel Matt Reeves has gone for.

Pattinson will always be tarred with the twilight brush but he's a superb actor. If you have doubts about his ability, watch the Lighthouse.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wasn't expecting much but really impressed with the look and feel Matt Reeves has gone for.

Pattinson will always be tarred with the twilight brush but he's a superb actor. If you have doubts about his ability, watch the Lighthouse.
And Cosmopolis,Maps To The Stars,Good Time,The Rover. He's effectively moved out of the Twilight shadow now and rightly established himself as a very good actor.

Garethw

I think that this looks fantastic. I love the dark tone that they have gone for.

For those criticising Bruce Wayne, remember that Wayne is completely and utterly fecked up, vengeance is his whole world.

During this film he will create his Bruce Way persona to disguise the fact he’s Batman.

Before the end of the movie he will be wearing a $10,000 dollar suit with his hair slicked back driving sports cars and acting cocky and charismatic. Basically wearing his day time mask.

Garethw

Pattinson also said in an interview that he wasn’t interested in just playing a super hero. These days he only chooses roles that have depth and he can sink his teeth into (no twilight pun intended :D).

My point is if Pattinson is attached to this then it’s because there is a fantastic story to tell. He’s not an actor that chases the pay check which is backed up by the roles he’s played since twilight.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Not sure I buy Pattison as Batman as he looks paler than a ghost, but I guess Batman would considering he stays in a cave and fights crime at night?

Willing to give it a chance.
You think batman would be tanned? .. Batman could be anyone really but so what if he's pale? Seems strange. I do agree though, I don't think it he will be a good batman

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's alright in The King,though personally I would've chosen a French actor to rightly portray Louis. Someone like Xavier Dolan (Tom at the Farm) would've been alittle more authentic.

Last edited:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Raw hard hitting fight scene. I like that. No cut scenes, just brutal punches.

He looks good as Batman but I don't buy him as Bruce Wayne. There is talk that he grows into Bruce so let's see on that.

I'm so interested to see Paul Dano as Riddler.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I thought that looks really good. Then again, I prefer the dark/serious atmosphere over the lighthearted one.
likewise. Like the look of it. Interesting to see Patterson in this role (As well as Tenet), I rolled my eyes at it when announced. Bit of a Matthew mcconaughey role shift about it for him.